The Grind Fix

Yes, it's already time to talk about this again.

The Distance new schedule is great and a much welcomed change.

However the Challenge "grind fix" has proven to be total placebo effect for the 3rd or 4th time. Nothing has changed in practical terms.

Can we have a clear statement about this?

Is NG really ever gonna fix this or no?

It's totally fine if you are not gonna fix it. You can come out and say "we will do more placebo changes but not gonna fix anything cause we want you online 24/7". Don't step on eggs NG. Let's do this.
Mavericks Guild Family
bladgierTCBRITOimacharlieKarajoca

Comments

• bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,716
    edited March 30
    Uuum. How in the world, eliminating round .3, that as a results have us play much less rounds in total is a placebo effect?
    Edit: Also, there's dynamic round passes coming in the current update to address that as well.
    imacharlie
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 113
    The Grind is the Challenge.

Many who try to grind fail and never get to try again. The grind breaks them.

And some are given a chance to grind, but they refuse. They cling to their useless survivors or the RNG gods or crafting flat critical damage badges.

Illusions.

Only the Grind is real. The Grind is all there is.
    MFJigsawTroublemakerATLAS-Zbiter370
  • TCBRITOTCBRITO Member Posts: 121
    @vane, When we will see the metal heads walkers within the maps challenge?

The Challenge is very easy, we need more difficulty, a short time ago Kaz had said that they would deploy extra tanks and armored in the challenges, this will not be done?

With the rise of a level in the survivors, and better emblems, the challenge will be even easier, the grinding today is still very high, and will worsen.

Maybe You can finish the class bonus in the week because it makes the game much easier and makes it annoying.
    Troublemaker
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,048
    > @bladgier said:
    > Uuum. How in the world, eliminating round .3, that as a results have us play much less rounds in total is a placebo effect?
    > Edit: Also, there's dynamic round passes coming in the current update to address that as well.

Was it a "fix"?

Playing 50+ rounds isn't placebo effect?

When we first started
    complaining about insane grind 1-2 years ago we were playing less than that. Perhaps the grind is the challenge, like @ShadowWalker said.

This game is a 24/7 job. That is a fact. I'm just hoping for a clear msg from NG. I want them to come here and say "we will never truly fix it" or "we will definitely fix it", so we can stop discussing this and just choose how we will face this game moving forward.

And please don't come with "no one is being forced to play arguments".
    Mavericks Guild Family
    TCBRITObladgierimacharlieZette1Ris
    > @Firekid said:
    > @Troublemaker didn’t know you managed to get to round 65! That’s amazing!

Yeah! And you? Got to RSL 33 already or are still struggling?
    Mavericks Guild Family
    imacharlieJayZBill_ZRT
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 454
    @TCBRITO if it so easy let me guess are you at level 50 or 60 if not then keep working at it
    Karajoca
    Ahh the vultures and coyotes! How innocent of me to come here and post something... haha

I won't provide food for you anymore. Will just lurk around.

🤗❤️
    Mavericks Guild Family
    imacharlieJaden
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 242
    > @Troublemaker said:
    > Is NG really ever gonna fix this or no?
    >
    > It's totally fine if you are not gonna fix it. You can come out and say "we will do more placebo changes but not gonna fix anything cause we want you online 24/7". Don't step on eggs NG. Let's do this.
    >
    >
    NG's answer to the challenge grind is once again another tweak with the addition of the dynamic round passes. Why not? They have already tried about every idea they can with round passes.

It's clear the dynamic round passes are a band-aid that won't significantly dent the grind problem. Higher level survivors with better badges and weapons will allow players to push even further in the challenge.

I would not want to be a NG moderator if even higher numbers of round passes are lost again for the entire player base. And heaven forbid if a high level player with stronger survivors after the update takes a week off from the challenge and loses all their round passes. Both scenarios are a sure-fire recipe for NG to lose more players permanently.

Refusing to get rid of round passes, and adamantly refusing to design a permanent grind fix to the challenge is just one big example of poor NG decision making. This company has made way too many really poor decisions. I am confident that NG shareholders and their former employees who got laid off would echo this opinion too.
    TroublemakerZetteDanski_461Ris
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 550
    There's got to be a better way to make money out of this game than this. NG wants 2 or 3 council updates per year, every time it's grind grind grind with no end to it. I'll not be playing much longer if this is all that I can look forward to.
    ShadowWalkerTroublemakerSPC_TORRES
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 278
    what grind?

In other news:
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.
    Governator1Ris
  • NommaeNommae Member Posts: 18
    There is a problem with reducing how long it takes to do challenges. I suspect the number of players pushing high challenge levels is relatively low while the number who push to 30ish is pretty high. If you reduce the amount of rounds per level or add more skips then that bunch of players finds themselves running out of stuff to do and back just doing the same scavenge missions they have done a thousand times already.
    Killdozer187_TCBRITO
    > @Nommae said:
    > There is a problem with reducing how long it takes to do challenges. I suspect the number of players pushing high challenge levels is relatively low while the number who push to 30ish is pretty high. If you reduce the amount of rounds per level or add more skips then that bunch of players finds themselves running out of stuff to do and back just doing the same scavenge missions they have done a thousand times already.

the update notes addressed this for 3.3
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,448
    I think it's a little premature to bring up the challenge grind issue when they're actively changing things. It's not like months are going by and no changes. We've had one distance and .3 rounds removed this month. Round passes reduced to 2 rounds from round 30 and up next month. If it's still not improved after that, then maybe, but not now.

This week I managed to reach RSL40 without a booster/gas for gold or watching camp vids and I didn't have to play the distance this weekend. I couldn't have done that 2 months ago...
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    Troublemaker
    let's talk about this dope unicorn hammer you get for
    2450*
    2200 gold

for a weekend of heavy drinking and punching my pet chimp for using my credit card on guild gifts.
    mack22FirekidTroublemakerJaden