Announcement: This Week's Challenge Issue with Round Passes

Comments

• KratosKratos Member Posts: 310
    Vane said:

This issue affected players who started playing the Challenge within the first 30 minutes (12.00 UTC - 12.30 UTC). After that time, no other players were affected.

Sorry to debunk this statement...I didn't start my challenge until a little after 4pm CST (9 hours after challenge started). I did submit a support ticket but posting here also just in case.

Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
    SPC_TORRESKilldozer187_
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,820
    @Danski_46 I was young, stupid and left too much of a silence between answering the dreaded 'does this outfit make me look...?' question :lol:. There was no recovering from that one, I wish it was the reason @Johnbert gave!

@Mario_Romero Yes I'm not going to deny that as a person I fall more on the optimistic side of the spectrum. I understand what you're saying, I was looking forward to the dynamic round passes too and it's shame that they've been postponed but I don't know, I'm not going to get myself too flustered about something that I have never had. Like when they announced the double tap trait for shooters, it would have been cool, but I'm not losing sleep over it.
    JohnbertDanski_46bigbeano
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,812
    Kratos said:

Vane said:

This issue affected players who started playing the Challenge within the first 30 minutes (12.00 UTC - 12.30 UTC). After that time, no other players were affected.

Sorry to debunk this statement...I didn't start my challenge until a little after 4pm CST (9 hours after challenge started). I did submit a support ticket but posting here also just in case.

I agree started my lowest account 1845 hrs cst and it still was not working.... so that was 3 for 3 on accounts with jacked round passes

• VaneVane Community Manager Posts: 206
    Hm, were you online with that account at the start of the Challenge? (but you haven't opened the Challenge yet at that time)
    aaxt555
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,812
    @Vane
    Yes I was. Do the same thing each morning
    With my 2 Lvl 70 Started the Challenge right away

Kong the lowest
    Logged in..about 0700 hrs cst ... made the rounds.... food plots... tg's and xp then logged out until i got home from work
    ** started that challenge 1845 hrs...... ( ish ) cst

• KratosKratos Member Posts: 310
    edited April 4
    ^^^ Same routine for me every morning but since I am at work at that time it is 8-9 hours before I start to play.
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
  • johnacudajohnacuda Member Posts: 96
    @Vane, please have development add tokens to track weekly round pass history, challeng star history, and guild war participation stars. It might be a small storage lift, but it would address this issue and be useful in-game data for guild leaders.
  • VaneVane Community Manager Posts: 206
    UPDATE:

Just received more information regarding this from player support and analytics.

The maximum number of Round Passes lost for the next week is 5 (40 players). Other players have lost from 1 to 4 Round Passes due to this issue.

The compensation will be given out only to affected players at the start of the next Challenge (April 10, around 12.00 UTC). The affected players will receive 24h Gas + XP booster or 48h Gas + XP booster, based on the number of Round Passes lost (24h: 1-2 RP lost, 48h: 3+ RP lost).

I'm very sorry again for the ones that got affected by it.
    WellyLugaMFJigsawJankelpirate1125TCBRITOmsapaevSCBMAJenngDrhoo
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,820
    Awesome, although it's a little bit of a questionable decision. 2 round passes = 24 hours whereas one more is double that :lol:
  • BalubanBaluban Member Posts: 44
    NG, why are you the way that you are?
    MFJigsawATLAS-ZBWilsDrhooBaksdirtydozen
  • MFJigsawMFJigsaw Member Posts: 93
    Apologies.. Forgot this one...

Game over
    xbamfxbababooeyDrhoo
  • fretjefretje Member Posts: 50
    Hey @vane, I know that you can't give out round passes, but could you maybe give out stars in stead?

No amount of free gas or double xp will make up for the lost stars by not having those round passes. I had 9 round passes, so I have 3 less next week... that means 7 + 8 + 9 = 24 stars less, which I can't obtain otherwise. Next week starts our intraguild (eh family), so the stars are very important, much more so than free gas or xp!
    bababooey
  • gndriagndria Member Posts: 41
    I’m also in the same boat as many when our intraguild starts and it is highly competitive and stars are much more useful. But also missed rewards when I fall short of an expected target too.

It also surprises me that a record was not getting taken of veryone status after previous failures, I guess lightning never strikes twice! Or 3 times...

On to double xp? Is anyone making use of it recently? It’s just not useful until I have a training ground or workshop upgraded and even then it need sn event where XP can be spent.
    fretjeSg_Death
  • Pablo72Pablo72 Member Posts: 27
    Is it already known who the affected players are? I am also affected by this. Should I get compensated automatically or will I need to raise a ticket to prove I am affected?
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,850
    Shouldn’t those 40 players who managed to get 5rps get better compensation than those who got 3? I mean they must have pushed and spent so much more gold than the others?
    TCBRITOSPC_TORRES
  • Teh_DaminTeh_Damin Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 16
    @Firekid

Naaah, who cares whether it's 3 rounds you gotta play or 15? They live by the simple rule as many gave developers (unfortunately), if you don't like it, leave. What is also unfortunate, is the fact that only the strongest arguments speak to such entities (look at what happened to EA's battlefront 2).

Shame, cause I really saw NG as something standing out... meh.
  • BodBod Member Posts: 110
    Yeah sent a ticket to support their response is booster and double xp as compensation to the affected players only what a fucking pathetic company NG is
    Danski_46TCBRITO
  • BodBod Member Posts: 110
    I've already upgraded every junk gear and useless toons I could find yet my xp bar is still blinking 24/7 no more booster and ×2 xp NG I want full supplies why do you always piss on your loyal players who has spend money and valuable time over the years
    Danski_46TCBRITO
  • NezoNezo Member Posts: 37
    My concern is the message from support via my ticket says the issue affected those who played between 12:00-12:30 UTC (as does @Vane 's original post when this thread shows that clearly wasn't the case.

I didn't start until closer to 1:00 UTC and I didn't get passes. I don't have a great deal of confidence the ball won't be dropped (again) here.
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 242
    I am confused why NG can't just fix the problem of the missing round passes.

If you can identify who is missing passes, and how many passes they should have, it seems there is a database element somewhere that can be modified after the challenge ends to fix the problem.

I understand the number of round passes earned is not directly stored, so it must be calculated dynamically. Why can't you just change a player's number of challenge missions completed or the highest round completed at the end of challenge so that the calculation yields the correct number of round passes?

Is there some side effect of doing this? Is it star count? If so, star counts are going to be messed up next week anyway, so just be done with it this week.
  • fretjefretje Member Posts: 50
    Agree, @Firekid. They should at least give 2 24 hour boosters in stead of 1 48 hour one, so we can spread them out a bit... Or even better 4 12 hour ones ;-)

@nadecir: They blame it to the "player model" (whatever that may be, see https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/373020#Comment_373020)...

I'd simply call it incompetence...
    Troublemaker