Bundle Costs - why is NG penalizing players who pay?

This most recent update requires 95 million tomatoes to complete. That's a LOT of tomato farming. And then there will be a ton of XP farming to upgrade players and equipment. So why does NG raise the cost after you buy a bundle? It feels like NG are milking players who have shown they will pay. I live on a budget, and i'm willing to spend some of it on this game, but you are putting bundles out of my reach now because they just keep going up with each successive purchase. I've been with this game for over 3 years, but you will leave me no choice except to stop buying and eventually playing. NG's policy on this needs addressing as it's not really fair and certainly not a way to retain people or recognize loyalty. Maybe you think it pays more overall in the long run, but you will be losing people who would have stayed.
DrUnpleasant

Answers

• DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 488
    Raising the cost does seem a bit unreasonable. I'd understand if it was a disincentive against 'pay to win' but upgrading doesn't really help you win on anything except the last couple of Distance missions and now maybe GW. I can't see the justification, but then again I've never paid for one of those bundles either (and just about to start my final building upgrade after a weekend of grinding).
    MFJigsaw
  • abrahamaniacabrahamaniac Member Posts: 30
    @DrUnpleasant I played the 1st 2.5 years without spending a penny. It's only the last 6 months i started to make some purchases, but that will not continue if they are going to upcharge me for repeat bundles. Not a good business model imho.
    MFJigsaw
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 42
    I don't know if anyone is familiar with CSGO skinsanity, but this is what NG seems to emulate. I can't for the life of me understand why there are aesthetic options which only offer visual improvements. Prime example the crossbow pistol... And explosive rifle, you can find these weapons as generic types in game, they don't cost a penny and do the same thing.
    Clearly there is a market for it, as they wouldn't keep selling it, but the point of p2p is that you're paying for an advantage of some sort, not just to be flashy surely.

Unless I am going crazy. If the player base wants to teach NG a lesson, we need to stop spending on money pits, only spend on useful items which allow progression or advantage. The practice of microtransactions has its place, but there is no need for it to be worth a small fortune just to keep a player ticking over. Small and often not big and rarely.