New & Improved Badges (% Max Value %)

ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,015

Ok, so these are all badges crafted BEFORE the update and recent upgrade of the Craftsman building

I'm curious if anyone out there has gotten higher % numerical value badges since the update?

If so, please share.

I know FLAT BADGES got a big boost, but I'm curious to see what the community is getting for % badges.

Thanks!

-ATLAS

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
tabernacDbl_Edge_DEPromeoden4play

Comments

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,765
    edited April 17
    @Grady
    When (main effect - 2)/8 = integer, then the bonus value SHOWS rounded down.

For the calculation however, it is rounded just like all other values. This shows in damage calculations.

So there are no exceptions, the bonus value is 25% of the main one and it is rounded.
    When in a set, the (rounded) bonus value is boosted with 20%, not rounded.
    Grady
    Proof of (main-2)/8=integer, then round down 25%.

Grady
  • GradyGrady Member Posts: 27

@Grady

When (main effect - 2)/8 = integer, then the bonus value SHOWS rounded down.

For the calculation however, it is rounded just like all other values. This shows in damage calculations.

So there are no exceptions, the bonus value is 25% of the main one and it is rounded.

When in a set, the (rounded) bonus value is boosted with 20%, not rounded.

That's is a brilliant observation! I thought it has something to do with computers using binary numbers but didn't see the pattern.

Just to double check my understanding with an example:
    A damage badge with main effect of +10%, will have a bonus effect that says +2%, but is actually +3%?

When the bonus condition is met, the effect would be (10%+3%) = 13%
    When the set bonus is also met, the overall effect would be (10%+3%)*1.2 = 15.6%

Right?
    jimmorrison369
    @Grady
    Yes, exactly. The proof is a little harder. But for health and damage calculations this is the only way to get exactly the damage and health values shown on your survivor screen.
    Grady
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 42
    Krieg said:

You know things would be much simpler if NG just told us what the improvements actually were, rather than us playing these long winded guessing games. How difficult is it for them to just tell us the differential values?

Altho I agree with you, they draw attention to issues like these when they start charging for things which depend on this system being accurate. So if you are going to announce an improvement, be prepared for the backlash that comes with it when that system doesn't turn out as intended.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,399
    edited April 17
    I'm not sure @ATLAS-Z is the type for the numbers and math behind the scenes. There was a thread a little while ago with some examples of improved badges.

Here: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/39764/new-improved-badges#latest

In my experience, based on what I have and what I've seen it looks like crit damage, crit chance and damage reduction were bumped up to the previous max you could get with a health badge. Previously 23+5 with set bonus but I've seen a 26+6 crit damage and I crafted a DR badge which becomes a 25+5 with set bonus. The previous max damage badge was 20+4 in a set and I crafted a 21+4 badge.

I've not seen whether health badges have been given a higher max.
    Forever Wild Walking B)
  • rchaprchap Member Posts: 61
    I had health badges crafted before the update that were 24%, but with no bonus, so the chart posted above is not accurate for Health badges. For DR, I crafted a badge at 23% after the update, so that category is also incorrect.
    @rchap

The chart is for badges that do have a bonus. It is mentioned in the chart that without a bonus it can be 10% higher. So that 24% is 22+2 and the other one is 21+2
    Grady
  • rchaprchap Member Posts: 61
    Thanks for clarifying @jimmorrison369 .

I missed that part.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,015
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > I'm not sure @ATLAS-Z is the type for the numbers and math behind the scenes. There was a thread a little while ago with some examples of improved badges.

I'm not sure if I'm suppose to be offended or not? Lol.

I aced 4.0 all my math/science calculus, Physics, chemistry, etc in college, but that was a long time ago haha.

BUT... No I don't crunch a lot of behind the scenes for NML.

I'm gonna choose not to be offended ;-)
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Pandreqromeo
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,399
    I don't live my life out to cause offence so none was intended. Respect only. I was only talking about in your approach to the game and your question on badges :lol:

Since you only asked for examples of what the community had gotten rather than the math behind it. I've never seen you talk about the number crunching side of the game anyway :smile:
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    romeoATLAS-Z
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,015
    You are correct sir haha. I was just looking for those shiny crop shots.

But if you guys want be crunchy on this thread, I encourage it.
    romeo