Guild Wars Temporarily Postponed

13»

Comments

• TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,981
    I really enjoyed Guild Wars and I am sad to see it go. I hope that it actually will be back. What confuses me is that the first war went off very well, and there were none of these issue. Yet they suddenly started having problems in the second war. Can't NG just go back to the code they used for the first war?

I'm not a programmer, so perhaps I'm missing something here....
    SPC_TORRESPandreqJadenromeo
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,981

@TransmuteJun it seemed that the big issues really kicked in with the changes to gas use as GW went from being a somewhat strategic use of resources to a manic race to the finish.

No, the beginning of the second war had limited gas use just like the first war. It was only after it got buggy that they changed it to 0 gas cost.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,202
    If we are guessing issues then mine would be that it was reducing the amount of people needed to battle. Thus allowing more battles to be played and that would have put a hell of a lot more strain on the servers!
    WellyLugaambienceATLAS-ZRenopwns
  • ambienceambience Member Posts: 65
    Firekid said:

If we are guessing issues then mine would be that it was reducing the amount of people needed to battle. Thus allowing more battles to be played and that would have put a hell of a lot more strain on the servers!

Fully agree. It was hard to join matches with the higher thresholds, but it was something we looked forward to, and tried to organise as a guild. In a way, larger team requirements meant more guild prep was needed before the guild war weekends.
    I know a lot of us asked for fewer players for a battle to commence, and I was one of those advocates, but I now realise I was wrong. Let's increase the team size required, and over time reduce team size requirements as NG has more server resources.
    For now, though, effort needs to be put into testing mobile clients, and seeing what can be done to improve the experience android users. Also, penalise cheaters more heavily, or make known exploits freely available so we're all fighting on a level playing field.
    TCBRITORenopwnsZettemaku11
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 33
    Any update on GW at all? Hope all is going well on the programming side @Vane.
  • TheWizEdTheWizEd Member Posts: 50
    I need my GW fix. I'm going into DTs.
    WhaTheTeamDeadanthony172Renopwns
  • kkrockskkrocks Member Posts: 9
    happy to help beta test! thanks for all you do to keep improving our experience!
    maku11
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 529
    Back to GW again. Any news @Vane ?
    TheWizEd