Reinforcement Token Changes!

VaneVane Community Manager Posts: 158
Hi everyone!

As I mentioned previously, I want to share new changes and more details regarding the Reinforcement Token in the upcoming update with you guys.

How it was originally designed:

A player needs a single Reinforcement Token to upgrade a weapon/armor to one level higher. Reinforcement Tokens are available only in mid-to-high tier rewards in Guild Wars and in seasonal Campaigns. Within this design, Reinforcement Tokens don't really scale with levels (always need one at any level), and they are very limited in supply.

How it will be changed:

The biggest change to Reinforcement Tokens' functionality is that now instead of a single token, you will need the use the same number of Reinforcement Tokens as the current maximum level of a piece of equipment. So if you wish to reinforce a level 15 weapon (i.e. received at level 12 and upgraded 3 times to level 15), you will need 15 Reinforcement Tokens. To upgrade a weapon/armor from level 28 to 29, you will need 28 Reinforcement Tokens, and so on.

At the same time, this change allows us to distribute Reinforcement Tokens to any of the game modes, such as the Challenge, the Distance, Campaigns, various events in the game, and other places. It gives a lot more opportunities and flexibility to obtain Reinforcement Tokens, compared to previous design. Instead of getting one single token as a big reward, you will be able to accumulate them by playing different modes of the game, plan on how to utilise them and build their stock. Reinforcement Tokens will be a lot more common to find and available to a broader number of players than previously designed, and they also scale with levels which is very helpful to lower-level players (i.e. the cost of Reinforcement Tokens is not static for everyone as it was designed previously, even though it becomes more valuable on higher levels compared to lower levels).

Reinforcement Tokens won't be used as rewards in the post-mission crates. Reinforcement Tokens will be given out as a reward for reaching certain numbers of stars in Challenges, finishing missions in the Distance, gathering X tokens in Campaigns, and so on. So if you are playing the game, you will be able to gain them at a natural pace every week. It doesn't take away from any other rewards, it is a new added reward on top of others. You wouldn't need to go and mindlessly grind specifically for Reinforcement Tokens for hours in some game mode - it is a part of reward structure for playing the same modes and doing the same things as you currently do.

This also means that your current Reinforcement Token, received as an update gift, will lose its value when an update with these changes goes Live. The estimated time for the next update to happen is around a month or so from now (today is May 9), so I would recommend to use your Reinforcement Token by that time, in order to avoid it losing its value. If somehow this opportunity is missed, we will try to find a way to convert your current single token to the number of tokens with your maximum level of equipment (minus 1, as you already have one Reinforcement Token), but the approach to this process is not yet finalized.

One more change that will be introduced together with this is that if a Reinforcement upgrade is started and then cancelled before the upgrade finishes, you will receive used Reinforcement Tokens back and only lose half of XP used - currently, both Reinforcement Token and half of XP are lost if an upgrade is cancelled, which we feel is not a good approach.

Please feel free to discuss this change here, and below you can find an example of this change from the game:

bladgierTroublemakermack22TCBRITOanthony172Deathwish19tallinieBurmeliinisDrUnpleasantBloodundertales77ignasR20JackBauerdalmerRenopwnsflyingcowking

Comments

• TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,981
    Will we be able to get reinforcement tokens from scrapping gear?
    Bill_ZRTJenng
  • VaneVane Community Manager Posts: 158

Will we be able to get reinforcement tokens from scrapping gear?

No, I don't think so.
    romeoRenopwns
  • BodBod Member Posts: 80
    @Vane can you get multiple tokens at a time like radios?
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 520
    Will they be available in the TG shop @Vane ?
    edited May 9
    Deadheads said:

Will they be available in the TG shop @Vane ?

To be honest, I don't really know, but I wouldn't keep expectations high for that. But let's see!

Bod said:

@Vane can you get multiple tokens at a time like radios?

Hmmm, I think it depends from where. Most likely in some places like Campaigns you'd see a few tokens at the same time as one of the rewards?
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,436
    Are we able to reinforce the same piece of gear multiple times? This is the only thing that I don't think I've seen answered. So will we be able to see +1/+2/+3/+4/+5 and so on?
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    ATLAS-Zromeo
    edited May 9
    WellyLuga said:

Are we able to reinforce the same piece of gear multiple times? This is the only thing that I don't think I've seen answered. So will we be able to see +1/+2/+3/+4/+5 and so on?

Definitely! As many times as you wish.

It is only limited by your current level of Workshop. Meaning you can reinforce to the same level as you can upgrade.
    romeoBloodundertales77Renopwns
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,052
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > Are we able to reinforce the same piece of gear multiple times? This is the only thing that I don't think I've seen answered. So will we be able to see +1/+2/+3/+4/+5 and so on?

Yes @Vane this question on many minds
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    romeoBloodundertales77
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,193
    @Vane If these are going to be found in loot boxes please reduce the chance of Xp and not the chances for legendary gear/phones/gold. Having them in the distance would be good as it means a steady flow of them and can plan accordingly.
    romeo
    edited May 9
    > @pirate1125 said:
    > Do we not have enough BS to try and collect?

No not really.

Endgamers only need radios
    (By need, I mean "Boostworthy NEED") :smile:

It'll be nice to have something else to tempt me back into scavenge.

EDIT TO ADD

@Vane @Shteevie can we upgrade the Equipment Scavenge to have a higher rate increased % of finding reinforcement tokens?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    SCBMAromeobigbeanoDrUnpleasantRenopwns
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 454
    It won’t be good, he doesn’t even know answers so stingy NG as always you’ll probably get enough tokens in 6 months to move one up then council upgrade and on and on the merry go round of BS
    TimboskiSpyEL34xyz
    edited May 9
    > @Metal said:
    > It won’t be good, he doesn’t even know answers so stingy NG as always you’ll probably get enough tokens in 6 months to move one up then council upgrade and on and on the merry go round of BS

Hopefully not. Hopefully an active player can manage several upgrades otherwise it'll be very disappointing.

And @SCBMA you seem to hit DISLIKE on a lot of my posts (without commenting)?

Did I piss you off sometime back?

If not, and it's a legit disagreement, I'm a logical stable minded fellow who would love to discuss and banter points of view?
    anthony172romeo
    Deadheads said:

@Vane were there and calculations/studies done figuring out how many tokens we can get playing normally? Like 5 a week, 10, 20? I like the idea of this but I guess it'll depend on how fast we can accumulate them. If it takes 6 months to get enough to upgrade one level 28 gear it'll be disappointing.

The distribution in the game will be known once the update is live, and it also depends on your level in the game, but definitely at a much faster rate than one upgrade per half a year, for sure.
    Vane said:

The distribution in the game will be known once the update is live.

Does that mean you know now but won't share the info with us???

Guess I don't agree with you @SCBMA ... you don't NEED to collect reinforcement tokens at all, feel free to buy equipment or hunt for equipment as usual if you want.
    > @SCBMA said:
    > @ATLAS-Z
    > I disagree that end gamers only need radios. I agree with @pirate1125 that this is just more shit that we need to collect. I want to play an actual strategy game, not a game that I just run around collecting random crap.

This isn't that game lol
    A bit of strategy sure, but there are much better games out there if that's your primary bag.

This is a collect shit and do shit with it kind of game, with a nice zombie apocalypse wrapping paper on the outside.

@bladgier I'm curious what else you need?

Tomatoes? I'm done, most should be by now.

Components? Unlikely you've been at it as long as I have.

Gear? Ok yeah, but thats the hope of reinforcement tokens right?

XP? Yeah ok, but really no need to grind scavenge here, you get enough just from regular play.

What am I missing?
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,141
    Deadheads said:

Guess I don't agree with you @SCBMA ... you don't NEED to collect reinforcement tokens at all, feel free to buy equipment or hunt for equipment as usual if you want.

100% agree with you there. Now the Reinforcement token garbage just takes up a spot where I would be able to get a usable reward.

And @ATLAS-Z, this actually USED to be a strategy game. Seems every new “let’s go collect this new thing now” gets us farther and farther away from any strategy play.
    JenngJadenSPC_TORRES
    edited May 9
    > @SCBMA said:.
    >
    > And @ATLAS-Z, this actually USED to be a strategy game. Seems every new “let’s go collect this new thing now” gets us farther and farther away from any strategy play.

Maybe, but I still think the strategy part was smaller than it is now. But that's a discussion for another thread maybe?

To be honest, I think it's more a symptom of players who grind, collect, upgrade merry go round, for so long, and now that theyve grown tired of it and hoping the game will evolve into... A completely different game? lol.

One where they can sit back, sip a martini, and use their collect grinded efforts without the need for further such efforts?

Maybe. I don't know.

But I do know when the weekend comes and I think about buying a booster, I usually just think.... WHY?

And I don't. Give me something that I need/want and maybe the answer is yes?
    romeo
  • Ozzy99Ozzy99 Member Posts: 20
    @Vane Will the tokens be purchasable or are they only obtainable by playing the game?