Is Sarah a keeper & how to badge

ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 348
Is it worth investing into this Assault and if so what's the best way to badge her

GoogGaggs2

Comments

• tabernactabernac Member Posts: 741
    I wouldn't invest in her. So close though. If she had Dodge in place of Bullet Dodge, I might be singing another tune...
    WellyLuga
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 473
    I'm not fond of Ruthless and revenge on assauls. Bullet dodge will help in rare instances and requires you to be up against a ranged opponent. 2/5 from me.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 230
    Revenge is a must for me.

I'm not fond of Ruthless and revenge on assauls. Bullet dodge will help in rare instances and requires you to be up against a ranged opponent. 2/5 from me.

Revenge is a definite must for me. With Sasha and a meatwall bruiser you get another volley of shots to charge you up every round on high-level challenge missions. Ruthless is also great as Assaults' charge attacks otherwise don't do a lot of damage. But agree that Bullet Dodge stinks. And obviously marksman would be nice as well.
    tabernacdalmer
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,744
    Agree, revenge is what makes the assault class shine. Dodge > bullet dodge. Marksman > ruthless.
    tabernacCronus
    I down rate ruthless as their charge attacks aren't guaranteed crits. So if they are mostly body shots (more than likely at high level) you won't get the greatest damage output. Revenge on a shooter or hunter makes more sense to me as it is higher damage output. However, each to their own.
    What are folks thoughts on the "must have" Assault traits? Mine look like:

- Lucky
    - Iron Skin
    - Revenge
    - Dodge

For the 5th trait, Marksman is preferred, but I can pretty much live with anything other than Bullet Dodge...
    BWilsWellyLuga

I down rate ruthless as their charge attacks aren't guaranteed crits. So if they are mostly body shots (more than likely at high level) you won't get the greatest damage output. Revenge on a shooter or hunter makes more sense to me as it is higher damage output. However, each to their own.

I agree that Ruthless isn't necessary on Assaults. I'm not looking for damage output from Assaults at high levels. I'm looking for them to build charges (running with Sasha in lead) and create time and space with those charged attacks, and not necessarily kill. Also looking for them to be able to weather a hit or two if need be.

Revenge is lovely on Shooters and Hunters, but also has a place on Assaults in that they have the potential to hit multiple targets when Revenge triggers and therefore have more opportunity to again pick up charge points.
    CronusDbl_Edge_DEPBurmeliinis
    edited May 10
    Is there a way to "choose" who revenge targets tho? As I seldom find that retaliate, on Rosita hits the targets I want. I can see how if you sprayed a load of targets with Sasha in lead, that would be effective.

Ideal assault traits in order:
    Iron Skin
    Dodge
    Lucky
    Marksman
    Sure Shot
    I'd put forth that you can "influence" to a degree who Revenge targets. For example lets say I've got Sasha in lead along with a Bruiser with the Morgan's Staff and a Revenge Assault. I throw the Bruiser at 3 Zeds and stun two of them. The third one hits my Bruiser and thus triggers a Revenge spray that hits him and his 2 buddies, so that just potentially just gave me 3 opportunities for Sasha's leader trait to trigger. My Assaults always have Wide Spread on their weapons so that I maximize that attack "cone".
    Burmeliinis
    Yh I see what you mean. I'll put some thought in to it, as when you put it like that, it sounds more attractive. As a stand alone trait tho, I used to use it to compensate for toons who lacked retaliate. Now I just cherry pick so all my melee must have retaliate and / or punish (if bruiser ideally both).