Gold crate chance

After completing missions I often have one gold crate available from the 9. After opening 3 crates I still haven’t found it. Watching an ad allows 3 more crates to be opened so should be 50/50 chance of finding it. But I have watched easily over 100 ads in the last few months and NEVER found a gold crate! Is this a bug???
Deathwish19

Comments

• BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 406
    Sounds like bad luck hahaha
    12 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Our top 2 Global Guilds form a team of 40 Top 20 in Elite & Bottom 20 in Recon
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

DBones
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 385
    > @RML_MCFC said:
    > After completing missions I often have one gold crate available from the 9. After opening 3 crates I still haven’t found it. Watching an ad allows 3 more crates to be opened so should be 50/50 chance of finding it. But I have watched easily over 100 ads in the last few months and NEVER found a gold crate! Is this a bug???
    >

🎶 I just called to say I love you 🎶
    Deathwish19
  • Sg_DeathSg_Death Member Posts: 49
    Bad luck!
    I often get the gold ones.
    Elder : Blood and Bones
    DBonesSCBMA
  • WattlaueferWattlauefer Member Posts: 112
    here is a nice/bad example of not getting a gold crate

RealClareBSCBMA
  • WattlaueferWattlauefer Member Posts: 112
    and here the last three

• BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 223
    I actually had that same feeling some time ago, so I recorded how many gold crates I opened vs the chance. I always viewed the video, so statistically I should find 2/3 of all crates. I recorded the result of 100 tries, and the result was that I opened 60 of those 100 crates. So yes, it was lower than the anticipated 66 crates, but not drastically lower. I'm no statistician, but it doesn't sound like unreasonably bad luck to me.

I think the more possible explanation is that you tend to remember those times you don't get the crate (as the expectation is that you should always find them) and that overrides all those times when you actually do find them.

So do as I did. Record all attempts and see what the result is after 100 or 200 tries.
  • flyingcowkingflyingcowking Member Posts: 388
    @Wattlauefer that was the least sexual thing I have ever seen.
    Flatulent person