What was the point?

WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,628
The revamp of Overrun Compound was great, some of the maps were completely new, some were familiar but changed so much that they played out completely different and on the whole it was a fantastic job done by NG.

The last time we had the Teeming Graveyard set with charged bruisers it practically broke the game, the length of the challenge was basically as long as gold and gas permitted. Time ended the challenge rather than difficulty. The overall impression from Kaz (I think) on the forums was that they hadn't quite anticipated that charged bruisers on that set would have the effect that it did. When it was announced as a reworked set I thought that they would change the maps to avoid a repeat of this. I spoke about it with guildmates as I was convinced they wouldn't do it again, of course I was wrong.

The whisperers were fun and new at first, but it didn't take me long to realise that the maps basically played out EXACTLY the same. It left me wondering what was the point? If a few of the maps were kill all enemy maps then strategies would change, something other than 3 bruisers might be needed, it might be a set I looked forward to. Overall, it just feels to me like a waste of time and a missed oppurtunity to make this set different. It's quite clear it was just to make a quick buck on gold and gas boosters. I personally hope we never see this set again but I know NG won't change. It'll be likely be back again in 6 months, charged bruisers to boot.
Danski_46TCBRITOjimmorrison369msapaevKilldozer187_ignasand98flyingcowkingDbl_Edge_DEP

Comments

• rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 604
    I partially agree. It was a big gas and gold challenge. I personally did not buy gold but got close to level 40 gold was the killer I was still 3 starring at 39.1 on some. I would be okay seeing it in 6 months again. I just dont want to see that I have to spend that much gold again this challenge. My previous personal best was 37.1 now it is 39.1.
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,163
    I stopped at 38.2 because I turned my focus to harvesting phones. I figured 12 Round Passes was enough, but would have kept going had it been any other type of weekend.
    SPC_TORREScapibarabigbeanoATLAS-Z
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,015
    First time I have every stopped a challenge without maxing out...just ran out of gold and time.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

Sg_Death
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,457
    I would write a "end the grind" post here, but that would be followed with several JSS and Disagree from my personal hate squad.

As long as NG goes down this path and as long as we have SEVERAL players buying it, it will just go on and on.
    FirekidKilldozer187_DonCoquibigbeanoTCBRITOJ_LawBurmeliinisCronusDrhoo
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,688
    I missed you in the other thread @Troublemaker have a JSS just for the hell of it ๐Ÿ˜€. I do agree though that they could have done something really special with this map set with the introduction of whisperers. Unfortunately they missed the mark slightly and it ended up being an almost carbon copy of the last time we had this map. If anything it was slightly easier with whisperers. Unless it was a hunter, they could do one!
    WellyLugaTroublemakerJ_LawDrhoo
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,457
    > @Firekid said:
    > I missed you in the other thread @Troublemaker have a JSS just for the hell of it ๐Ÿ˜€. I do agree though that they could have done something really special with this map set with the introduction of whisperers. Unfortunately they missed the mark slightly and it ended up being an almost carbon copy of the last time we had this map. If anything it was slightly easier with whisperers. Unless it was a hunter, they could do one!

Good to know! I always have high hopes on you... bwahaha
    FirekidJ_Law
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,410
    Dudes, EVERY challenge is a gold/gas sponge.

This one was just spongy for more than just the elite whales.

Personally, I am never limited by my lack of skill, only my lack of spending.

I can't remember the last time I thought "Damn, this mission is just too hard. I can't beat it no matter what. I yield."

If my whole team was slaughtered, and I had endless gold, I'd keep trying... I'd find a way through.

My reason for stopping is almost always cause I'm too cheap to pay.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    romeoDanski_46Deathwish19
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 563

I would write a "end the grind" post here, but that would be followed with several JSS and Disagree from my personal hate squad.

As long as NG goes down this path and as long as we have SEVERAL players buying it, it will just go on and on.

The first thing I did was look below to check for any JSS and lo and behold, the quota was met. Lmao.

This challenge was crap, there were bugs out the wazoo and it was a retread of the past with the addition of Whisps. Do away with it and I"ll lose no sleep.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    xbamfxWellyLugaTroublemaker
  • dalmerdalmer Member Posts: 83
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > It'll be likely be back again in 6 months [...]

:D :D :D :D
    Governator