Reduction in damage reduction?

anniesprinklesanniesprinkles Member Posts: 256
Here’s a concern/problem I’m currently having with the badge system.
I just made 56 badges on my main account & 23 on my alt-account without getting a single damage reduction badge. That's 79 badges in total. With only 5 different types of badges, it seems the odds would dictate about 15 or 16 of these should have been DR.
This is not the first time this has happened to me, and after talking with other players they seem to be having the same problem.
I'm just wondering if the drop rates for these are significantly less than the others? I had assumed that the drop rates should be about the same for each type of badge. This is frustrating in the extreme.
"A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
Johnny "Drama" Chase

Guild=Morbid Sinners
banzaiSPC_TORRESTCBRITOJadenfearofthedarkromeoRiotZappaSg_DeathjohnnytKd_Killdozer187_

Comments

• BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 195
    50 badges constructed the other day...1 DR. Worse yet 5 of my last 7 upgraded badges were CC
    DoomSquad United Leader...teaching the young to fight!
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 114
    edited June 5
    The drop rate is not the same, and DR will drop 0-20% depending on your recipe. If you craft with one component of each type (i.e, 1 x metal 1 x cloth 1 x chemicals and 1 x edibles) you will almost never get a DR badge. To get to 20-25% DR drop rates you should use the correct recipes, like 4 x chemicals / 2 x cloth/metal + 1 each of some other or some other tried and tested combination.

You might find this thread helpful: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/39341/badge-recipes-results-from-crafting-127-badges#latest
    anniesprinklesRenopwns
  • gndriagndria Member Posts: 31
    edited June 5
    Is there more evidence than that sample. I’m not sure anyone can claim a statistical proof on 127 samples.

Just wanted to also add I value the data that was collected but 127 across all possible recipes multiplied amount per recipe needed to gain an insight isn’t enough. If 10 or 20 people all see the same then it’s really valuable.

I’ll add that I crafted 3 badges yesterday with all chemicals and 2 were damage reduction.
    BurmeliinisanniesprinklesShadowWalkerJayZ
    That was after about 30 badges with where all 4 components were used and probably about 1 DR.
    anniesprinkles
    You're right, of course. My sample is quite small. There is another player who has a lot of data (I think he said even more than 10.000 data points) but he has not been so willing to fully reveal his data but his findings were also quite clear in that the recipe has a big effect on which badges you'll receive. So it's fair to say that the best recipe is not really known, but it seems quite clear that one of the worst recipes when it comes to crafting DR badges is the one where one of each components is used.
    anniesprinklesgndria
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 466
    It’s there bullet dodge of badges, keeps people buying those bundles for so u can get more cd and cc badges
    anniesprinkles
    Yes, I’d love to see 10k worth of data too!
    anniesprinkles
  • anniesprinklesanniesprinkles Member Posts: 256
    Metal said:

It’s there bullet dodge of badges, keeps people buying those bundles for so u can get more cd and cc badges

I agree, but doesn't that seem like unethical behavior for a business? Why would NG lower the rate of a certain type of badge, when good badges are hard enough to craft as it is? Especially while making one that pretty much no one wants (critical chance) drop at a higher rate? I wouldn't buy a single comp bundle if I found out they were actually doing this, nor should anyone else imo. The odds should be the same to craft any of the five different types of badges. If they want to keep customers happy and purchasing component bundles, they should lower the rate on badges we DON'T want, NOT on badges we do want. The main reason that we want DR badges is because we CAN'T GET ANY!! 😤😝😝
    "A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

Guild=Morbid Sinners
    TCBRITOSPC_TORRESbigbeano
  • RenopwnsRenopwns Member Posts: 92

Metal said:

I agree, but doesn't that seem like unethical behavior for a business? Why would NG lower the rate of a certain type of badge, when good badges are hard enough to craft as it is? Especially while making one that pretty much no one wants (critical chance) drop at a higher rate? I wouldn't buy a single comp bundle if I found out they were actually doing this, nor should anyone else imo. The odds should be the same to craft any of the five different types of badges. If they want to keep customers happy and purchasing component bundles, they should lower the rate on badges we DON'T want, NOT on badges we do want. The main reason that we want DR badges is because we CAN'T GET ANY!! 😤😝😝
    There's a reason they haven't told anybody any badge drop chances or crafting recipe rates....
    anniesprinklesWellyLugaflyingcowking
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 871
    There is no recipe for badges, like tuna can + chemical = ? However they did mention that adding multiple of the same kind tilts the balance of a specific badge type. For me I notice doing multiple crafts of 1x each doesn’t yield great results if you’re looking for one specific type. So I’ll normally run 4x of specific component and I normally get DR badges from chemical bits. Good luck 🍀
    anniesprinkles
  • banzaibanzai Member Posts: 15
    I decided to craft 81 badges to complement Annie’s 79 and make it a round number. Here’s the breakdown of mine.

Damage: 28
    Health: 22
    Critical Damage: 18
    Critical Chance: 11
    Damage Reduction: 2

Although I’m thankful that CC was 2nd lowest, there seems to be a drastic drop-off following that. DR badges are quite valuable, and NG seems to be intentionally making them scarce.
    Note: by the time I had composed this message, crafting fever had gripped me, so I crafted another 10. I didn’t record those but there was no more DR badges crafted.
    anniesprinklestabernacromeo
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 42
    On the crafting screen, after you select a fragment and four components, you can click the "i" button near the bottom of the screen to see this message:

"Badge shapes, effects, and conditions are all equally likely to appear."

(Maybe someone skilled at capturing/posting images can post the screenshot.)

So components are not supposed to matter at all.

But my experience has been that the badges are far from random.

romeoanniesprinkles
  • rchaprchap Member Posts: 63
    I have crafted about 5,000 badges, and I can confidently say there are no recipes. I usually craft with one of each component and I have tons of legendary DR badges, more than I can use. I stopped trying to track recipes after about 2,000 badges, because it is pointless. Maybe NG wanted to program recipes, but they never actually did. Instead, many players are looking for and finding patterns that just aren't there. They are fooled by randomness.
    fretje
    edited June 11
    Grendel said:

On the crafting screen, after you select a fragment and four components, you can click the "i" button near the bottom of the screen to see this message:

This is true but does not contradict the above.

- Shape: Yes this is random
    - Effect: This means the value of the badge (e.g. a legendary damage badge will randomly be in a 14-18% damage increase interval)
    - Conditions: This means that the boost (i.e. "if Aaron in team / if Strong / no boost") condition will be decided randomly

Note that the above says nothing about the badge trait.

Rchap: I understand your scepticism, but I think it is quite clear that DR badges are far less frequent than other badges and it also seems clear that some recipes work better than other. Also one NG developer said in the forums that recipes do matter.
    anniesprinkles
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 42

Grendel said:

This is true but does not contradict the above.

- Shape: Yes this is random
    - Effect: This means the value of the badge (e.g. a legendary damage badge will randomly be in a 14-18% damage increase interval)
    - Conditions: This means that the boost (i.e. "if Aaron in team / if Strong / no boost") condition will be decided randomly

Note that the above says nothing about the badge trait.

Rchap: I understand your scepticism, but I think it is quite clear that DR badges are far less frequent than other badges and it also seems clear that some recipes work better than other. Also one NG developer said in the forums that recipes do matter.
    Do you have an NG source for your definition of "Effect"? To me, Damage Reduction or Critical Chance is an effect.

I would call "+x" or "+y%" the value or the boost.

Has NG ever stated anywhere whether or not different component combinations cause the chances to increase/decrease for particular badge traits?
    anniesprinkles
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 363
    edited June 12
    The new DR crafting formula is:

"throw your hands in the air and count to f*k"
    anniesprinklesJaden
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 447
    I’ve tried that already. No joy.
    anniesprinklesKilldozer187_
    Grendel said:

Do you have an NG source for your definition of "Effect"? To me, Damage Reduction or Critical Chance is an effect.

I would call "+x" or "+y%" the value or the boost.

Has NG ever stated anywhere whether or not different component combinations cause the chances to increase/decrease for particular badge traits?

No, that's just my reading of that.
    anniesprinkles