Bayonet Musket

First impressions on this weapon? Useful or underpowered toy?
Jenngscooners

Comments

• GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 42
    edited July 3
    I see the musket potentially replacing the kingdom spear for stabbing from behind bruisers. 4856 damage at L29. Fast charging from extra attack and extra charge points from kills. Hunter shot gets razor numbers instead of piercing numbers. Goes well with Lucky trait. Only downside is extra charge point required.
    romeoSg_Death
    bladgier said:

It's a good weapon. But replacing the spear that's an overstatement I'd say.

Maybe. A lot depends on how you use the spear. If you frequently hit 2 targets, then the musket can't compete. If you normally stab one walker at a time from behind bruisers, the musket may work better. We'll know soon.
    romeo
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 283
    I've yet to use it, but I'm not fond of the mechanics behind it thus far. I've seen gameplay of it and I'm not best pleased, was hoping this weapon would be a game changer like the Morgan staff.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 553
    Decent but not as good as the spear in most instances. Needs 3 charges which is trickier with single target attacks - unless you get lucky with charging.

The ranged hunter type attack should be good for Distance and burning walkers.
    Drhoo
  • berg280berg280 Member Posts: 134
    I love it. I'm on 37 and still using it on rick. ot will replace my spear for sure!
    romeo
  • KriegKrieg Member Posts: 158
    Seeing as how I don't have a spear, seems to me that I'm gonna like my new musket a shiteload better ;)
    Member LegionOfDoom
    JenngMichonor23Kratos
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 114
    edited July 4
    My attempt at summing up

Kingdom Spear
    - can hit 2 or 3 walkers at the same time if they are positioned optimally
    - does not cause threat
    - less base damage
    - maximum charge damage
    - 2 charge points needed for charge

Bayonet Musket
    - can only hit 1 walker on regular attacks at 2 spaces away (can you also hit a walker 1 space away?)
    - charge attack can hit many walkers just like a hunter rifle without large caliber
    - charge attack deals less damage than the spear but much more than a hunter charge attack
    - 3 charge points needed for charge
    - the charge attack causes threat, regular attacks not
    - same base damage as other scout weapons

Has anybody tested how the musket works with Daryl's Prowl? With the kingdom spear you often need to move one step further to activate prowl so I am assuming it works the same for the musket? Does a prowl attack cause an extra threat?
    romeo
    Yes you can hit an enemy 1 space away. To get around the 3 charge point req. Use Prowl or SR's leader trait or even Thinning The Herd. I think the musket belongs on SR as he has lucky and promotes charge points.
    romeo
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,566

- all attacks cause threat

Only the charge attack causes threat. Normal attacks use the bayonet and thus are silent.
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    Burmeliinisromeo
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 114
    edited July 4
    WellyLuga said:

- all attacks cause threat

Only the charge attack causes threat. Normal attacks use the bayonet and thus are silent.
    Thanks, this is good! I edited my post.
    romeo
  • TheKingTheKing Member Posts: 75
    @ Vane
    Whats that I’m 72 lvl my workshop is 23 lvl my training grounds is 25 lvl and my Bayonet Musket it’s showing 25 lvl and fl crossbow 26lvl could you check it , pls.
  • DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 564
    @TheKing

You need to have a lvl 26 scout to get the bayonet at that level.
    Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
    JenngSPC_TORRESBuckzz
    DonCoqui said:

@TheKing

Thx but since when is that ?
    Tripod
    DonCoqui said:

@TheKing

nope just started my first one
    KriegTripod
    Wait until the scout survivor upgrade finishes to claim the bayonet.
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
    jimmorrison369JenngSPC_TORRESbigbeano
    TheKing said:

DonCoqui said:

@TheKing

Thx but since when is that ?
    I'm not sure. I can't remeber the criteria they used in the winter token event.
    I just suit up and show up to play. 😎
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,409
    It’s been like that for at least a year maybe 18 months?
    tabernacSPC_TORRESJadenBuckzz
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 558

Bayonet Musket
    - 3 charge points needed for charge

This is point that I think sucks the most. Scout weapons should be 2 charge points. I think it'll be a novelty, fun to play with, but the spear seems to me to be far more useful at high challenge levels.
    romeoShadowWalkerSg_DeathJayZ
    edited July 7
    Got as far as I could in Challenge with the musket (38.2). Switched to Kingdom spear and I am currently on 40.1. The musket was a lot of fun to use, but didn't match the kingdom spear.

I think what made the difference is the amount of damage on a charge attack with the destructive boost. This took out the stunners more quickly and made it possible to clear the maps before being overwhelmed. And taking out up to 3 walkers at a time on a normal attack was helpful too.
    romeo
  • JankelJankel Member Posts: 134
    edited July 7

Although Bayonet Musket is more powerful and fun too, as game dynamics I still prefer Kingdom Spear, unfortunately especially for the 3 charging points instead of 2 and in normal attacks it can hit only a walker
    romeoGovernatorJackBauer
    I don’t know, just used it on the nest as needed to try something different as spear wasn’t working for me and nearly 2* it because of the rifle shot clearing a path to the boxes and again clearing a path back to the line when needed all while keeping rick a nice safe distance at the top. I am disappointed by the charge attack figures. Is that solely down to not having the destructive trait.
    ShadowWalker
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 151
    NG should've kept it at 2 charge points. It would be so awesome to stab, charge and SS activate, then shoot down some walkers.

Also, I would like to officially request a George Washington and or redcoat skin to be added to the game now.
    Governatorromeo
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,937
    @Governator

If you have charged up to two points and switch to the musket, you'll still have two. Switching back, still two...

No idea about the other way around. I'll find out on Monday if no one answer the question first.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
    GovernatorShadowWalker
    So you want to charge up your scouts with the musket, in case you want to use them with it? @Governator thanks for bringing this up as wouldn’t have even considered this!
    ShadowWalkerbigbeano
    Updated opinion on the musket...
    Meh.

@Cronus we have yet to hear your opinion on the matter. Fire away bruh.
    bigbeano