Bayonet Musket

2»

Comments

• romeoromeo Member Posts: 608
    Musket should come with a silencer @Fluxxx . Let’s say a hybrid between civil war era & 2019
    Governator
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,197
    It would be one of my favourite weapons if it had 2 charging points instead of 3. As it stands now, it still seems useful but too map specific.
    GovernatorromeoShadowWalker
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,197
    I don't even care that it creates a threat. It would be silly to expect a charged musket shot not to make noise.
    GovernatorShadowWalkerbigbeanoanthony172
  • maku11maku11 Member Posts: 25
    Power strike doesn’t affect on charged shot.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,686
    Well that sucks if that’s true, also explains the lower damage output. I guess it makes sense though seeing as you aren’t “striking” anything. Still really like it though.
    romeobigbeano
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 269
    Am I the only one that sees Winslow/Spiked walkers go flying a short distance or when at stages with a quarry cliff, any walkers/freemen/ defenders close to edge fall off when killed by this weapons' stab (sorry no video currently)?
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,574
    Jaden said:

I can now report: if you charge 3 and change to a knife, you have 2, change back to the musket, you have 3 again. Good. :smile:

I really like the musket. Maybe not better than the spear, but it has helped me with loading bay (as I could kill the walkers including the fatty in a row with it).

Spear will probably stay my favorite scout weapon, but the musket is nice.

Hmmm... This last Distance, I made a point of charging up all my scouts using the Musket. When I got to the last map and equipped my scout with the Musket to finish off the Freemen, it had only 2 charge points. Needless to say, that did not end well for me. I went back to the good ol' fashioned knives to kill them off.

But, there seems to be an issue with the charge points @Fluxxx. Can you look into this? Thanks!
    bigbeano
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,024
    @Governator

Wait... did it show 3 before you started the mission or just 2? (That "didn't end well" part maybe threw me off...)

I didn't have that problem (yet) - if I didn't accidentally charge with the spear (yeah, that happened, I did that), I had 3 after switching.

Hope that is how it was supposed to work, and your situation is the bug...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Jaden said:

@Governator

Wait... did it show 3 before you started the mission or just 2? (That "didn't end well" part maybe threw me off...)

I didn't have that problem (yet) - if I didn't accidentally charge with the spear (yeah, that happened, I did that), I had 3 after switching.

Hope that is how it was supposed to work, and your situation is the bug...

I may have brain farted, but I recall making sure my scouts used the Musket in the early maps to make sure I could use the Musket later. I didn't see if the scout was showing a full charge when I went in (I assumed and didn't look that close). But it clearly had 2 of 3 points when the map started.

The "didn't end well" mean my entire team died. I tried to see if I could do it, but failed. RIP Stabby Rick. LOL
    bigbeanoGoatlips
    @Governator

Well, yeah... I was just confused because I couldn't imagine you running into the mission with a scout not fully charged. So I wondered if it showed 3 before starting and then you just had 2 (which would have been even worse). But not looking closely would also explain that.

I assume you didn't check afterward if your other scouts were fully charged when giving them the musket? As you said you used knives instead after the failure...

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • AlexFiliUKAlexFiliUK Member Posts: 160
    It's useful for when you need to shoot lots of zombies in a pinch.
    romeo
    > @Jaden said:
    > @Governator
    >
    > Well, yeah... I was just confused because I couldn't imagine you running into the mission with a scout not fully charged. So I wondered if it showed 3 before starting and then you just had 2 (which would have been even worse). But not looking closely would also explain that.
    >
    > I assume you didn't check afterward if your other scouts were fully charged when giving them the musket? As you said you used knives instead after the failure...

Working with full charges today. I must have brain farted last week. :confused:
    JadenbigbeanoGoatlips
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 217
    So I used the musket during the last challenge, and I must say the 3 charge point requirement is ruining the weapon. Since you only can hit 1 target per attack, it means you need at least 3 attacks to get charged. With the Kingdom spear, you can hit up to 3 walkers with one attack, and with only 2 charge points needed you get charged so much faster. So I don't se myself switching to the musket anytime soon.
    Dbl_Edge_DEP
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 391

So I used the musket during the last challenge, and I must say the 3 charge point requirement is ruining the weapon. Since you only can hit 1 target per attack, it means you need at least 3 attacks to get charged. With the Kingdom spear, you can hit up to 3 walkers with one attack, and with only 2 charge points needed you get charged so much faster. So I don't se myself switching to the musket anytime soon.

I tried it on Hershels Farm at 40.1 and yes the 3 kill requirement ruined its use since it takes more than one hit to kill even normal walkers at that point. Bruisers were dead before he could charge.
    12 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Our top 2 Global Guilds form a team of 40 Top 20 in Elite & Bottom 20 in Recon
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,720
    There are variables though, like say charging triggers on either of two kills then it charges as fast as a normal scout weapon. Or if you're using Rick and charging triggers for two and you get the 3rd from someone using a charge then you can be fully charged off one kill alone. It will never replace the spear but I'm a fan, just not for ultra high level.
    Zette

Working with full charges today. I must have brain farted last week. :confused:

Well, better than a bug, right? ;)

Yeah, been there, done that... sooo... :lol:

GoatlipsGovernator
  • IndicusIndicus Member Posts: 6
    I can say for sure. I charged my scout for three in Distance with Musket only to find my scout with two charge points in later round. Same scout.
    Governator
    Indicus said:

I can say for sure. I charged my scout for three in Distance with Musket only to find my scout with two charge points in later round. Same scout.

I wrote a PSA just now: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/40836/psa-bayonet-musket-distance-charge-points-how-to-keep-them

What you must avoid is using the scout in any mission with a normal scout weapon. @zbot tested that and he also lost one charge point.

I only changed the equipment and didn't lose it (see the other thread).

Not sure if that is what happend in your case, but for me it works every time the way I do it - on all of my 3 accounts (yes, I might be a bit crazy ;) - but I have proof that it works :p ).