Devils Torch

Another quick noob question, is the Devils Torch in the 4th of July bundle worth buying?

BTW Thanks for all of the help I have been getting on here, it has made my NML experience a lot more enjoyable.

Happy 4th of July from up here in Canada!
romeoJenngSPC_TORRESMrLuckySg_DeathWellyLugaJadenmack22bigbeano

Comments

• Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 281
    The bundle is £8.99 over here. I would say... if you have a concussion rifle (assault weapon with gold widespread, concussion etc) and the flamethrower, you could stun a large group for 2 turns and burn them with Sasha in the lead helping to keep charges up the enemies will continue to take burn damage whilst stunned each turn. The devil's torch I feel has limitations, in that it requires reloading for a turn. The flaming crossbow is a much better hunter weapon imo.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    romeo
  • gndriagndria Member Posts: 34
    I am not going to argue whether it is a good or bad weapon but another way it can be used is on Sasha with 2 assaults. The two assaults keep people stunned and blocking walkers from the back from advancing. I find that using a hunter weapon can puncture the wall of stunned walkers, using something like the devil's torch hits the back of the pack and keeps the barrier in tact.

I don't know whether there would be enough uses for that to warrant a purchase, but I guess that is up to individuals.
  • KriegKrieg Member Posts: 158
    It, just like the RPG, is a situational weapon. It's not something you'd carry as a standard load out. Best used if there is a pack with a tank or armoured walker in the middle in order to make them the center hit. Nice if you can get it as a freebie, but I wouldn't spend real world money on either.
    Member LegionOfDoom
    romeo
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 234
    Back when Guild Wars was still a thing, any Hunter I had was equipped with it!!! Proved mighty effective!!!!
    romeo
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,935
    I used it today to beat the last distance map. It's quite situational still, but it helped...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
    MudMoccasin
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 234
    > @MudMoccasin said:
    > Back when Guild Wars was still a thing, any Hunter I had was equipped with it!!! Proved mighty effective!!!!

My bad..... I think I meant Daryl's RPG.... I didn't have the Devil's Torch until some time Guild Wars stopped so therefore I used it on Outpost Raids whereby it made short work of any Defenders!!! Since then, it's been a must to use on Freemen and Outpost Defenders to say the least......