Devils Torch

Another quick noob question, is the Devils Torch in the 4th of July bundle worth buying?

BTW Thanks for all of the help I have been getting on here, it has made my NML experience a lot more enjoyable.

Happy 4th of July from up here in Canada!
romeoJenngSPC_TORRESMrLuckySg_DeathWellyLugaJadenmack22bigbeano

Comments

• Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 454
    The bundle is £8.99 over here. I would say... if you have a concussion rifle (assault weapon with gold widespread, concussion etc) and the flamethrower, you could stun a large group for 2 turns and burn them with Sasha in the lead helping to keep charges up the enemies will continue to take burn damage whilst stunned each turn. The devil's torch I feel has limitations, in that it requires reloading for a turn. The flaming crossbow is a much better hunter weapon imo.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    romeo
  • gndriagndria Member Posts: 40
    I am not going to argue whether it is a good or bad weapon but another way it can be used is on Sasha with 2 assaults. The two assaults keep people stunned and blocking walkers from the back from advancing. I find that using a hunter weapon can puncture the wall of stunned walkers, using something like the devil's torch hits the back of the pack and keeps the barrier in tact.

I don't know whether there would be enough uses for that to warrant a purchase, but I guess that is up to individuals.
  • KriegKrieg Member Posts: 209
    It, just like the RPG, is a situational weapon. It's not something you'd carry as a standard load out. Best used if there is a pack with a tank or armoured walker in the middle in order to make them the center hit. Nice if you can get it as a freebie, but I wouldn't spend real world money on either.
    Member LegionOfDoom
    romeo
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 269
    Back when Guild Wars was still a thing, any Hunter I had was equipped with it!!! Proved mighty effective!!!!
    romeo
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,024
    I used it today to beat the last distance map. It's quite situational still, but it helped...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    MudMoccasin
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 269
    > @MudMoccasin said:
    > Back when Guild Wars was still a thing, any Hunter I had was equipped with it!!! Proved mighty effective!!!!

My bad..... I think I meant Daryl's RPG.... I didn't have the Devil's Torch until some time Guild Wars stopped so therefore I used it on Outpost Raids whereby it made short work of any Defenders!!! Since then, it's been a must to use on Freemen and Outpost Defenders to say the least......