Hero Improvements

Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 474
edited September 19 in Suggestions & Ideas
To whom it may concern at NG, (@Vane / @Fluxxx)
I've noticed in discussions that a lot of the player base (myself included) tend to lean on a bunch of tried and tested heroes, typically Survivalist Rick, Riot Gear Glenn, Morgan, Huntsman Daryl, Jesus, Abe, Sasha etc. The common theme among them is their usefulness and versatility.

I find that typically heroes you unlock at Epic level tend to have 2 in 1 leader traits, an example being SR who offers charge points AND increases charge attack damage. I find that heroes like Carl who also came as epic only has a 1 in 1 LT. Can the standard become that epic get 2 in 1 across the board?

Also, we need to look at improving the leader traits of existing heroes. Farming with the governor requires him to be in leadership position, he is one of, if not the only hero whose LT has no effect if not in leadership role. Adjust Abe's LT so the numbers line up with Jesus', melee are superpowered, so should ranged be to balance it out somewhat. Change Jerry's LT so it is not chance based but lower DR otherwise keep it chance based but raise the probability. Make Ezekiel useful so that he does more than offer powered up retaliate, for example: 1 in 10 chance to gain a charge point if enemy is killed with retaliate. Make RGG more useful beyond the start of battle, have him inflict a confusion status every 1 in 4 turns maybe. Have Carol inflict a poison status which last 1-3 turns and does 1/5th damage per turn. Carol is calculating and lethal after all.
Up Dwight's damage %, most people will use Aaron over Dwight. The same can apply for Merle.
Rick is the protagonist, his LT should reflect that. Introduce an upgrade which let's you find class tokens / a new survivor when searching crates in missions. Leaders inspire others to join their causd and so this should be put in to practice. Make Tara's ability avoid bruising / hospital visits if you end the map with full health... but ONLY if you are bruised, it shouldn't apply to injury / heavy injury.

When you eventually release newer heroes (not recycled / re skinned ones) offer legendary releases which come with a 3rd LT perk, you can then justify offering 50 radio calls on a daily basis which give the chance of base tokens plus 100, 125, 150 and 300... try to think of the end gamers who have to scrape by on a measly 50 tokens from the distance for example when they are being asked for 4000 tokens for one incremental trait upgrade.

These are my thoughts. Let me know peeps of the NML community.
I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
Uber

Comments

• avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,043
    With the amount of heroes provided and growing it is out of control. To many and most just plain suck. Just a trophy item. Sticking to investing in a few is great. Most mentioned to improve is just a waste IMO. Most high level players don’t use but a small hand full and will never use due to their trait not being tactical enough to get to ultra high levels like 40+.

Dbl_Edge_DEP
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 474
    @avelardez I hear you. I'm a substance over flash person myself. However... The elephant in the room is, many days of the year, we are offered less used heroes in special radio calls, which to most people is a waste of a day and will lead to them not wanting to use radios until their faves come up as special calls.

I am asking that NG improve on existing heroes to offer variety and give us something "pseudo fresh". Do I think new heroes are needed? Not particularly.
    Do I want to have other options than the same ones that will often win? Of course.
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 409
    edited July 9
    How about making Survivors useful again, other than extra punish bruisers not many survivors are used once the real meat of a challenge is reached. Also even up ranged with melee, maybe with a big boost in the piercing trait and even some threat reduction on special weapons. Game definitely needs much more balance.
    12 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Our top 2 Global Guilds form a team of 40 Top 20 in Elite & Bottom 20 in Recon
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

Dbl_Edge_DEP
    @billbam fair points. I saw the TR on ranged point made by another person on here too but then I don't think it would make sense. I can understand it moreso from melee but it doesn't add up that shooting a gun would take away danger nearby.
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 409

@billbam fair points. I saw the TR on ranged point made by another person on here too but then I don't think it would make sense. I can understand it moreso from melee but it doesn't add up that shooting a gun would take away danger nearby.

At the very least boost up Silence to it is pretty much a sure thing...ranged will never be an end game style as long as using them causes huge herds to spawn. this wasy we could not create more spawns and bring melee with TR along to reduce the threat...an nice balance of melee and ranged on one map.
    12 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Our top 2 Global Guilds form a team of 40 Top 20 in Elite & Bottom 20 in Recon
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

You're right. Now the sometimes silence thing doesn't make sense. The rate is trash. If you attached a silencer to a gun, the shots wouldn't be silenced every so often, they'd be silenced the whole time! The only way around it really is using Daryl in lead, but no really does that anymore.
    Kratos