afraid of being found out

Comments

• sxsxsxsxsxsx Member Posts: 48
    Jaden said:

sxsxsx said:

When I go to a country, I get to know its customs and laws,as far as I know ,NG has no such laws,Could you help me find laws?

Sure. :)

Not laws but Terms of Service

Also from the in-game news (look at the very last sentence, especially):

Both things are accessible from inside the game.

Where can I inquire about 2 weeks?
    Jenng said:

NG shouldn’t have to tell us not to do something. Lol it’s not their responsibility to warn us to be good and fair players or else. Playing games for a long time has taught me that even if you are able to cheat or use an exploit doesn’t mean you should. Just because “everyone “ does it, doesn’t make it the right choice and saying “ I didn’t know I couldn’t do that” is never a valid argument or excuse. It will never absolve you of the consequences. There’s nothing that would convince me that all the exploits are a trick, if it’s weird or uneven value of rewards decide for yourself not to do it.

NG announced the ban before, I think it's legal.Many games have bugs.The right thing to do is to fix it in time,Instead of putting it there so the player feels like they can use it.
    Bill_ZRT said:

If you're doing something to circumvent normal game mechanics, timers, limitations, or randomness, then you're cheating. If you've been doing is systematically for a year to look at unlimited ads and get unlimited rewards when someone playing by the rules is constricted by the ad timer, then you're a long time, systemic cheater.

If you have to call it a 'trick' or if you have to 'trick' the system, you're cheating. It's not rocket surgery.

Here's a timely news story: https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/10/us/atlanta-drivers-grab-i-285-cash-trnd/index.html

In short, the door of an armored car flew open on an interstate in Atlanta and about $175k flew out of the truck. Many people driving past stopped their cars and started grabbing money. Guess what? No one told them that it was wrong to pull over on the interstate and help themselves to the thousands of dollars blowing around in the wind. That doesn't make it any less wrong or illegal.

NG isn't a country, so nothing is 'illegal'; however they do have rules and terms that you agree to when you install their game. Here are the full terms of use: https://www.nextgames.com/terms-use/. This might be the most relevant item in your case:

Except as expressly specified in these Terms or in the Fan Content Policy, you agree not to:
    exploit the Service in any unauthorized way whatsoever, including without limitation, by trespass or burdening network capacity;

In short, cheating is against the terms of use and punishable.

Many games have bugs.The right thing to do is to fix it in time,Instead of putting it there so the player feels like they can use it.I found this to be a year or more old.
    Bill_ZRT said:

If you're doing something to circumvent normal game mechanics, timers, limitations, or randomness, then you're cheating. If you've been doing is systematically for a year to look at unlimited ads and get unlimited rewards when someone playing by the rules is constricted by the ad timer, then you're a long time, systemic cheater.

If you have to call it a 'trick' or if you have to 'trick' the system, you're cheating. It's not rocket surgery.

Here's a timely news story: https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/10/us/atlanta-drivers-grab-i-285-cash-trnd/index.html

In short, the door of an armored car flew open on an interstate in Atlanta and about $175k flew out of the truck. Many people driving past stopped their cars and started grabbing money. Guess what? No one told them that it was wrong to pull over on the interstate and help themselves to the thousands of dollars blowing around in the wind. That doesn't make it any less wrong or illegal.

NG isn't a country, so nothing is 'illegal'; however they do have rules and terms that you agree to when you install their game. Here are the full terms of use: https://www.nextgames.com/terms-use/. This might be the most relevant item in your case:

Except as expressly specified in these Terms or in the Fan Content Policy, you agree not to:
    exploit the Service in any unauthorized way whatsoever, including without limitation, by trespass or burdening network capacity;

In short, cheating is against the terms of use and punishable.

Use or not use,All victims

sxsxsx said:

Jaden said:

"I didn't know it was illegal" is no valid defense - even if it's frustrating.

If you had approached the subject a little bit nicer, maybe you could at least have gotten your ban suspended until after the summer campaign - maybe.

But as it is, I guess you are out of luck now.

If you still enjoy the game and want to return to it, take this as a lesson. If something isn't working as it's supposed to (like getting more than 1 ad every 7h when there is no event), using that is very likely an exploit and you shouldn't do it.

NG Never told player not to do that,This game has many tricks,Someone use it and someone don't,Before NG declared it illegal, Everything is legal.I didn't use a third-party APP,I didn't default,I'm not breaking the law.
    If anything is wrong,NG needs to take the loss,Because of NG's system vulnerabilities,All players should be compensated.
    Because of NG”s negligence,players should be compensated,I'm a victim,you too.
    _Lily_SCBMA
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,024
    I'm afraid you gotta do your research yourself now, or ask @Fluxxx tomorrow (as he is hopefully enjoying his evening/night and/or is getting some sleep).

My guilds miss me and I am just a normal player. ;)

I knew about a 2 weeks warning ban for first offenders, so I am sure it can be found somewhere.

Be glad that your account hasn't been permanently deleted like many other game companies would have done in similar cases.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    SCBMA
    Jaden said:

I'm afraid you gotta do your research yourself now, or ask @Fluxxx tomorrow (as he is hopefully enjoying his evening/night and/or is getting some sleep).

My guilds miss me and I am just a normal player. ;)

I knew about a 2 weeks warning ban for first offenders, so I am sure it can be found somewhere.

Be glad that your account hasn't been permanently deleted like many other game companies would have done in similar cases.

I cant find Terms of Service,Anyone can tell me,thanks a lot~
    If a bug lasts for a year,I can't imagine so much maintenance,NG didn't find it
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,686
    Bet you were pissed when they fixed the “trick” with badges too! Sheesh! You cheated you got caught get over it! You knew that getting extra rewards wasn’t right but you did it anyway to get an advantage over other players. It’s not like you came on here a year ago and said “look at what I’m doing an you can do it too!” You’ve only raises this since you’ve been caught and now saying we are the victims for playing fairly. You aren’t going to get any sympathy here so go and exploit some other games “tricks”!
    Dodkongbigbeano
    Firekid said:

Bet you were pissed when they fixed the “trick” with badges too! Sheesh! You cheated you got caught get over it! You knew that getting extra rewards wasn’t right but you did it anyway to get an advantage over other players. It’s not like you came on here a year ago and said “look at what I’m doing an you can do it too!” You’ve only raises this since you’ve been caught and now saying we are the victims for playing fairly. You aren’t going to get any sympathy here so go and exploit some other games “tricks”!

sorry,This is the first time I've heard of this technique,Can you tell me? I know only the art of killing free men,I don't know what you're talking about
    bigbeano
    Oh and terms of service is in settings as per my screenshot and in case you don’t know the trick of getting to settings here’s the link https://www.nextgames.com/terms-use/
    Firekid said:

Oh and terms of service is in settings as per my screenshot and in case you don’t know the trick of getting to settings here’s the link https://www.nextgames.com/terms-use/

Some detail
    Firekid said:

My badges is too bad
    Lol! You certainly missed a trick there! 😂! Unfortunately discussing exploits is is against the terms of the forums and I’m not about to get myself banned.
    bigbeano
    Firekid said:

Lol! You certainly missed a trick there! 😂! Unfortunately discussing exploits is is against the terms of the forums and I’m not about to get myself banned.

You're so full of yourself
    Firekidbigbeano
    Firekid said:

Take out the evidence
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,024
    Firekid said:

You think that 3rd time's the charm? :joy:
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    JenngFirekidbigbeano
    Jaden said:

Please let me know if you see the exact terms
    Bod said:

Everyone stop feeding this troll please he's just playing dumb

You are right
    Yeah I’m done!

I've given up
    Firekid said:

Yeah I’m done!

Congratulations on your skil
    tabernac said:

Instead of using your energy to whip up public support (doesn't seem to be working out) or make your case to folks that are unable to help even if they wanted to... Use your energy to find legal counsel that will take your case against NG pro bono or under a contingency fee.

You are right about it. Thank you for your advice.
This discussion has been closed.