Ranged AI is so dumb when it comes to areas with cover...

AnarchiAnarchi Member Posts: 73
I can't be the only one that's infuriated with this right? Here's a scenario:
This week's challenge in Woodbury; I like to use ranged units (Assault, Shooter, and Hunter) to battle the Freeman. If there is coverage within range of my ranged unit's movement space and I attempt to attack someone, it would automatically move my ranged unit under the closest coverage and then shoot at my target. My problem with this is that most of the time, strategically, I DO NOT WANT MY UNIT TO MOVE FROM HIS/HER POSITION AND SIMPLY ATTACK FROM WHERE I STAND. My unit ends up moving and runs by an unintended target enemy that has overwatch. My unit can then potentially get hit and I lose my turn, further endangering them. It puts me in a very risky situation for more damage and possibly loss of the mission.

There needs to be an option to either disable movement ai for this occasion or the need to adjust it to a manner that the player favors - hell, I'll even take options like:
- Attack at max Distance
- Move to closest coverage and Attack
- Attack from here

This has been driving me crazy for years and it seriously needs attention.
IGN: Jerq
BWilsJadenMrLuckybigbeanoKratosjohnacudaRoyalSPC_TORRESmirStellaire57

Comments

• RoyalRoyal Member Posts: 15
    It's the absolute worst. It drives me crazy too.
    SPC_TORRES
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,640
    @Fluxxx
    Hear Us!

BWils
  • johnacudajohnacuda Member Posts: 76
    @Fluxxx
    This is definetely a pain for players.
    Good fix for the next update.
    Maybe a disable/enable autocover button next to the 1x/2x speeed toggle...
    AnarchiJadenStellaire57
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,039
    There is one foolproof solution to the auto cover issue. Use melee. 😀
    JadenBWilsAnarchiStellaire57
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 200
    Noted! Will look into solutions. Possibly a disable function, let's see :)
    SPC_TORRESBWilsbigbeanoAnarchi
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,497
    @Fluxxx can I take it one further? If we can get a on off switch for auto cover could we then have cover points active on all maps and not just ones with freemen? Then add into the sniper harness trait, when in cover %chance of bodyshot In the same vain as hazard suit? If the trait can’t be changed the my first request still stands as having that extra damage\reduction would help ranged a lot.