The Earhunt Community Event - Discussion Thread

FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 200
Discuss The Earhunt Community event here.

Remember the forum rules
bladgierRWSpsychwolfCarlyanthony172SPC_TORRESJenngSCBMAden4playJadenbigbeanoTHCrossFOETroublemaker유정아범ShadowRa

Comments

• BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 244
    As to the event LOVE IT!!! Already spread the word though the Doom Squad Family.
    DoomSquad United Leader...teaching the young to fight! New to the game, come to our guild,it has several high level players 2nd accounts there willing to help you grow. We have a chat group where we share videos and strategy.
    MrLuckyJenngShadowRa
  • CDILinkCDILink Member Posts: 1
    Looks like I finished upgrading the musket just in time.
    JenngJadenShadowRa
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 354
    I think it sounds okay. Good call on the new tokens being introduced as prizes. Perhaps the alt version heroes will have their tokens up for grabs too. Thaf would be something to look forward to.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    ShadowRa
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,497
    Love the event, shame about a measley 60 scout tokens, but other than that I’m all for free stuff!!! So we’ve got to kill 50 million walkers with scouts? You mention the musket, will walkers killed with the charge shot count towards the total?
    anthony172JadenShadowRa
  • BotwoodvilleBotwoodville Member Posts: 1
    Is this a separate challenge or do you just collect the ears in the regular missions?
    ShadowRa
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 354
    When it says ears, it means killed walkers. 1 ear = 1 kill.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    ShadowRa
  • durvaldurval Member Posts: 1
    Sou novate nestes eventos, mais adoro cortar orelhas.kkkkkk
    ShadowRa
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,089
    Only reinforcement tokens and no reroll tokens? Hmm 🤔
    ShadowRa
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,049
    In typical NG fashion: GREAT idea but poor execution. Upon opening the in-game news tab I was excited to see another event occurring with the possibility to earn some rewards including HD tokens...then I read all of the details and was unimpressed/rather disappointed. Honestly more excited for the season mission reset.

For me, the gas boosters, reinforcement tokens, and legendary fragment rewards all outshine the 60 HD tokens that are available along with the 60 scout tokens and feel that this is backwards from what it should be. This amount is so small that it does very little to improve my HD character. I'm not trying to look the proverbial gift horse in the mouth so to speak, and if I play as normal and received all of these rewards then that's awesome...but that's the point...we shouldn't all be playing as normal. We should be doing something extra to get these rewards. Here's my suggestions on how to make this event better or improve it for next time.

1. Keep the top prize as-is but if this goal is reached add in a 2X HD radio call for the Mon-Tue after the event ends. I believe this alone would make it so much more worthwhile.

2. You have a featured hero every 2 weeks...why not do a similar event every 2 weeks in a scaled down manner with the end result being tokens for that hero and unlocking a special 2X radio call for 2 days after the event ends if the goal is reached? The goal should be to kill X amount of walkers within the 2 weeks using the featured hero.

Obviously if #2 were implemented NG couldn't be giving out legendary frags and free gas boosters every 2 weeks, but that's why I said to scale down everything for a 2 week event (but keep the class and featured hero token amounts the same).

I believe that having these potential 2X radio calls on planned dates would be extremely popular among the player community and would also generate NG an increased revenue on weeks where good heroes are featured.
    Black Labs Matter.
    BuckzzArabianShadowRa
  • ArabianArabian Member Posts: 2
    Every one has to play a little more than they do if something is offered to all we all must do our part I play 3 times a day untill I run out of gas
    MrLuckyShadowRa
  • gndriagndria Member Posts: 39
    I like it, I like all these side missions/interests. I always tweak my game play to accommodate them.

These sort of events are usually great for the community, evben though we have just come off the the back of the summer campaign I wonder if NG could commit to keeping an event regular. Maybe @PigBenis suggestion is such a way to do that?
    MrLuckyShadowRa
  • rollingstonerollingstone Member Posts: 1
    Awesome event, thank you!
    SCBMAbigbeanoMrLuckyShadowRa
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 233
    I think the event is great as is. Excellent work, NG!
    JenngMrLuckyShadowRa
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 244
    I agree it is free stuff AND I do not have to grind for it daily like with summer tokens...who had fun doing a crap hero play just to get the daily 20.
    DoomSquad United Leader...teaching the young to fight! New to the game, come to our guild,it has several high level players 2nd accounts there willing to help you grow. We have a chat group where we share videos and strategy.
    ShadowRa
  • Carl_s_HatCarl_s_Hat Member Posts: 166
    edited July 23

Community Event..... free stuff........

you got my attention, i am all ears!

My second favorite movie scene. My favorite is the "Layla" scene from "Goodfellas" when they start discovering all the bodies.
    SPC_TORRESJenngShadowRa