Must be playing a different game.

Let me start by saying sorry for whining about the luck/randomness of this game but I don’t feel like I am playing the same game as you guys. I sit back and read all the post and see all the great weapons, tokens from calls, and great badges you few seem to be getting. This is not my experience at all. The disappointment is the overriding feeling I get from the chance part of this game.

I just blew almost 100 phone trying to get huntsman Daryl tokens ( it took weeks to get those) to get a 32 Glenn and 3 32 green players. Disappointing

I have made a thousand (give or take a few) badges. I have 34 legendary badges 11 are critical hit and 5 are damage reduction. The best DR badge is 19 (I can improve by 3 with Eugene).
Disappointing

The last distance level 18 had three level 40 tanks that even with all those critical hits badges I could not catch on fire (body shots everything) I lost 42 survivor to kill 1 tank and could not finish it.
Disappointing.

That’s enough, I am going to start challenge and find a positive (maybe).
SPC_TORRESflyingcowkingJenngPigBenisromeoKarajocaRiotZappaCronusAlamoladre5TJCart

Comments

• Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 554
    Sorry about your frustration, I think we all have bad luck sometimes.

Critical chance badges have no effect on incendiary chance. Lucky is the trait which helps. Get that from your weapon / survivor.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    Zette
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 326
    For the Distance I strongly advise checking out the great Youtube videos some players have made. There is a clear strategy how to beat the lvl 40 tanks, and the one I've used successfully is based on lighting a tank on fire guaranteed on the first turn, so not using a incendiary weapon but rather a weapon with a guaranteed fire attack (like an assault rifle with Varmint blast).
    anthony172JenngromeoDanski_46
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 621
    I rolled 12x for HD and got zero tokens...later that day I tried again and got 8 straight with HD including 3x 256 so it is a numbers game. If you dont get anything the first couple rolls leave game, come back in and sometimes this seems to help.
    14 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    New entry level Boot Camp Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

psychwolfZetteromeoimacharlie
  • The_GraveyardThe_Graveyard Member Posts: 83
    I've got 33 gold badges.... Zero are damage reduction, vast majority are critical chance, critical damage and health.
    I feel your pain.
    Think I'll have a heart attack if I ever roll a damage reduction gold badge.
    JenngbigbeanoRiotZappaBurmeliinis
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,076
    Yep, 15 rolls for HD in the last two days and 3 64’s. Last 3 legendary badges have been crit chance and 2 flat crit damage. You aren’t alone.
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    You really need to hoard at least 1,000 radios, and save them until a 2X event (like we currently have for HD), to have any chance to significantly improve a hero. 100 radios is only going to get you 6 calls. I used about 900 radios yesterday just to get my HD's leader trait up to level 6 which provides 100% damage on his prowl attacks. Good luck to you.
    Jenngromeodavion_cum1970
  • SpikedSpiked Member Posts: 74
    100 phones is 6/7 calls. Not a lot and it sucks when you get all greens in the calls but it happens. The math doesn’t work out, 3x32 players and 32 Glenn’s is 4 calls. A bad run across 4 calls is nothing, simple variance.

Badges really start flowing once you beat the distance on hard, get 3 epic badges a week and 1 legendary component. With the option of restarting for 400 gold to get all the tokens, legendary armor and badges, it’s a pretty good deal for the gold.

Fire isn’t the only option for taking down tanks, if you smartly conserve and charge survivors you can do it with scouts easily. There are lots of strategies, have you watched YouTube clips of people doing it on hard with level 24 survivors? If you have level 26 you’re way ahead of them.

Gear choices matter a lot, badges choices can matter a lot too (someone just did hard without any badges so you definitely don’t need the latest and greatest), leader traits matter a lot.

I’ve had fun learning how everything interacts, watch the good player videos and ask yourself why they are doing things a certain way. If you can’t figure it out, just ask here or on FB groups or in line, many people glad to help,

First time you do 100k charged attack you’ll be “wow”.. then you learn you can do multiple 40k critical attacks in a turn.. no bought gear needed no Uber badges. It ain’t magic, it is learning.

First time I ran with Michonne lead with hunter Daryl (HD) with a knife with razor and swift strike I was thinking man I am just getting a ton of free turns, or have gold threat reduction(TR) and get 100% every turn (which can make life pretty easy on lots of challenges). Then you learn to use prowl correctly and you start getting 3-4 kills a turn. Add in some critical chance badges and you start hitting critical hits quite often. Then you realize how much destructive trait really matters.

Why you use Sasha here or Morgan (who was exiled to the never use pile because I’m stupid, now he is used all the time and I focus all my reroll tokens on making him better) there.

Before I jointed my current guild I was barely using melee and stopped on the challenge around 600, joined them, learned some melee, got to 900 or so. Moved up learned more and am doing 1900+ the last two challenges.

GradyZetteBurmeliinis
  • SpikedSpiked Member Posts: 74
    Btw next time you see a strategy on distance not working. Stop. Ask before trying to bull ahead. The more options you give to people you are asking (I.e. heroes available, who is charged, etc) the more varied answers you will get and you will realize how many different ways to skin a cat there are.
    Jennganthony172romeoZette
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,318
    > @mroth2130 said:
    > Let me start by saying sorry for whining about the luck/randomness of this game but I don’t feel like I am playing the same game as you guys. I sit back and read all the post and see all the great weapons, tokens from calls, and great badges you few seem to be getting. This is not my experience at all. The disappointment is the overriding feeling I get from the chance part of this game.
    >
    > I just blew almost 100 phone trying to get huntsman Daryl tokens ( it took weeks to get those) to get a 32 Glenn and 3 32 green players. Disappointing
    >
    > I have made a thousand (give or take a few) badges. I have 34 legendary badges 11 are critical hit and 5 are damage reduction. The best DR badge is 19 (I can improve by 3 with Eugene).
    > Disappointing
    >
    > The last distance level 18 had three level 40 tanks that even with all those critical hits badges I could not catch on fire (body shots everything) I lost 42 survivor to kill 1 tank and could not finish it.
    > Disappointing.
    >
    > That’s enough, I am going to start challenge and find a positive (maybe).

Join one of the game's top guilds.

All the help will make your surprised with what you can do.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    mimicaPicimacharlieManselle
  • karimmopa3400karimmopa3400 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2019
    Billbam said:

I rolled 12x for HD and got zero tokens...later that day I tried again and got 8 straight with HD including 3x 256 so it is a numbers game. If you dont get anything the first couple auto clicker rolls leave game, word unscrambler come back in and sometimes this seems to help.

For the Distance I strongly advise checking out the great Youtube videos some players have made. There is a clear strategy how to beat the lvl 40 tanks, and the one I've used successfully is based on lighting a tank on fire guaranteed on the first turn, so not using a incendiary weapon but rather a weapon with a guaranteed fire attack (like an assault rifle with Varmint blast).
  • mroth2130mroth2130 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for all the advise. I was just want to feel like I am moving forward and getting better but that clearly isn’t the case. Keep on grinding until it starts to work I guess.
  • ChilidawgChilidawg Member Posts: 58
    @mroth2130 I have often felt the same way about this game. I run into a concrete wall at lvl 34 in challenge. I am in a top 50 guild and have tons of help but I just don’t get any good gear or badges.
    TeamDead
  • davion_cum1970davion_cum1970 Member Posts: 2
    DanielBez said:

I think it's time to make things clear about crafting badges. Maybe some drop rate or using this and that component you will have x% to make y bagde.

Finding components is hard, crafting them is even harder. Maybe it's time to give some clues on how to make a good bagde.

Currently playing the game badgeless. Just goes to show it can be done without them with the right strategy, they just make it a hell of a lot easier that's all.
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 326
    DanielBez said:

I think it's time to make things clear about crafting badges. Maybe some drop rate or using this and that component you will have x% to make y bagde.

Finding components is hard, crafting them is even harder. Maybe it's time to give some clues on how to make a good bagde.

There is a clear system for crafting, so you can create pretty much exactly the badges you want. Check out JayZ's strategy compendium.
    LoneWanderer360
  • GothgulGothgul Member Posts: 106
    Yes, there is a pattern that was figured out so you will know exactly when to use best components to make the badge type you want (but not the position or shape afaik).