Update to Lucky info

@Fluxxx @Kaz had put this together with some help from @Shteevie in an old thread. Would you be able to update as appropriate for new traits and new leader traits?

Here's the list of the traits affected by Lucky:
- Bullet Dodge
- Charging
- Concussion
- Dodge
- Incendiary
- Interrupt
- Silenced
- Stun Resistance
- Swift Strike
- Threat Reduction

For the Leader traits, it depends on the Hero, so Lucky affects only:
- Silent Shot (Daryl's)
- Good Out of Bad (Sasha's)
- Mysterious Ways (Gabriel's)
- Thinning The herd (Michonne's)
- Second Chance (Carl's)
- Bodyguard (Jerry's)
- Aim For The Head (Carol's)
- Mullet Time! (Eugene's)
- Defensive Charge (Morgan's)

NOTE: The Lucky trait doesn't trigger a trait that was already capped."
Jerry Dixon
JSS
bladgierBWils
«13

Comments

  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 725
    Also believe that the new Swick Swack trait (called Follow Through if you're being technical) would make that list.
    BWilsjimmorrison369
  • BWilsBWils Member Posts: 79
    huntsman daryl "sneek up on human enemies" trait

    tabernacbigbeanojimmorrison369
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,148
    So technically speaking, does lucky add to Carol's trait twice?

    Once to buff the trait as a multiplier, and once as a direct crit chance ++?

    Meaning if Aim for the Head was say, 30%, and lucky 20%, her trait would become 30 x 0.2 + 30 = 36, then 36 + 20 = 56% ?

    Right?
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    romeo
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,853
    @ATLAS-Z .
    No, it is the total crit chance that has the boost.

    Accurate, sure-shot etc don't get boosted. They get added to your crit chance. Your crit chance gets boosted in the end.
  • ErmaksErmaks Member Posts: 98
    > @jimmorrison369 said:
    > @ATLAS-Z .
    > No, it is the total crit chance that has the boost.
    >
    > Accurate, sure-shot etc don't get boosted. They get added to your crit chance. Your crit chance gets boosted in the end.

    in fact, he correctly says that luck will first add a critical chance to her leadership skills and then give another 20% to her passive critical chance.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,853
    I can't deny her name is on the list. And as such than it should work like atlas described.

    However,
    Many times it is said by NG staff thay lucky only increases chance traits, AND NOT to traits that only boost a chance already existing...

    Carol's leader trait is not a chance by that account. It only adds a exact amount of percentages to the chance trait called critical chance.


    @Fluxxx , do you mind helping us out here? There is a conflicting message in that has been said also in this topic?
    hunter_x
  • ErmaksErmaks Member Posts: 98
    edited August 1
    > @jimmorrison369 said:
    > I can't deny her name is on the list. And as such than it should work like atlas described.
    >
    > However,
    > Many times it is said by NG staff thay lucky only increases chance traits, AND NOT to traits that only boost a chance already existing...
    >
    > Carol's leader trait is not a chance by that account. It only adds a exact amount of percentages to the chance trait called critical chance.
    >
    >
    > @Fluxxx , do you mind helping us out here? There is a conflicting message in that has been said also in this topic?

    I think she should work with luck and add to her own chance
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,853
    Ermaks said:


    I think she should work with luck and add to her own chance

    Yes , you did say that first time around.
    Both times you neglected to mention any argument as to why you think this.
  • ErmaksErmaks Member Posts: 98
    > @jimmorrison369 said:
    > I think she should work with luck and add to her own chance
    >
    > Yes , you did say that first time around.
    > Both times you neglected to mention any argument as to why you think this.

    What should be the arguments when moderators approve the list? I think Carol as Gabrielle is an exception. And with you, I see a theory and not an argument.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,853
    Ermaks said:


    What should be the arguments when moderators approve the list? I think Carol as Gabrielle is an exception. And with you, I see a theory and not an argument.

    The theory is that carol's leader trait isn't affected by luck.

    The argument is that if NG staff claims luck only affect traits that are based on chance, then carol's leadertrait can not be affected by luck.
    Carol's leadertrait will always be a percentage that is added to a chance-trait.
    In other words, there is a 100% chance that Carol's leadertrait will increase your critical chance trait. So luck has nothing to do with it.

    If you then say (twice if I might add): I think not. That's fine if you must. But you seem to have nothing ro add to a debate. It's just true because they say so seems to be your argument.
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,830
    Wait. Isn't it this way:

    Carol's trait is not affected by luck but luck adds up to the total CC including Carol's trait and any luck and badges and cc traits, they basically sum up.

    Example : Carol's trait 30% cc.
    Luck survivor trait : 20%.
    Luck doesn't affect Carol's trait but total cc in this scenario would be 20 + 30 = 50%

    Am I missing something?
    jimmorrison369
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,148
    @bladgier
    That's what I always assumed, but seeing her name on the list made me double-take and question?

    Perhaps it's only there, as some have suggested, because lucky indirectly helps her trait? By also adding directly to crit chance?

    This seems likely, but I had to ask.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
  • JoeSmartJoeSmart Member Posts: 185
    bladgier said:

    Wait. Isn't it this way:



    Carol's trait is not affected by luck but luck adds up to the total CC including Carol's trait and any luck and badges and cc traits, they basically sum up.



    Example : Carol's trait 30% cc.

    Luck survivor trait : 20%.

    Luck doesn't affect Carol's trait but total cc in this scenario would be 20 + 30 = 50%



    Am I missing something?

    This is my understanding too!
    DoomSquad Family


  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 354
    Not to be the grammar police, but affect, additive and multiplicative are all being used incorrectly in this context. Whether lucky adds or multiplies, it is still affecting the trait in question.

    To increase or decrease are both affecting the trait. Swap out the word affect for working in tandem with / to enhance.

    For someone reading this discussion, or / including a new player, they'd be left more confused than prior to their query.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    romeoATLAS-Zbladgier
  • ErmaksErmaks Member Posts: 98
    > @bladgier said:
    > Wait. Isn't it this way:
    >
    > Carol's trait is not affected by luck but luck adds up to the total CC including Carol's trait and any luck and badges and cc traits, they basically sum up.
    >
    > Example : Carol's trait 30% cc.
    > Luck survivor trait : 20%.
    > Luck doesn't affect Carol's trait but total cc in this scenario would be 20 + 30 = 50%
    >
    > Am I missing something?

    It is true, but Carol’s trait was on the list under the influence of luck, and this list has been revised several times. And only now they began to find out whether this error is or Carol may be an exception to the rule
    jimmorrison369bladgier
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,830
    @Ermaks true and that brings us to a point made by @Dbl_Edge_DEP.

    Luck does not affect luck as a multiplier but it does does as a sum.

    Whenever trait is affected by luck, it's a multiplier and that's what we're used to.
    Carol is a critical chance trait which is the only one that's a sum.

    So technically we could say that yes it is affected by luck but then on the other hand it isn't directly because we only sum up. Then again when you sum up both that beans they somehow work together and are affected.

    It depends on the each personal perspective I think.
    tabernac
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,853
    Thnx @Fluxxx .

    It throws the games own logic out the window, but at least it is clarified.
    BWilsGrady
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 354
    @Fluxxx, can you confirm whether the lucky trait adds to CC badges or it multiplied by CC badges please?

    I.e. 20% CC badge + 20%Lucky =40%CC
    or
    20% CC badge multiplied by 20% Lucky = 24%CC
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    crambert_nec
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,350
    I thought critical chance was a direct stack with lucky? Is that not true anymore? Or just for Carol's trait?
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    BWilsaquilaBurmeliinis
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 354
    @crambert_nec that's what we all thought. But the goalpost has been shifted it seems.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,148
    edited August 2
    I think it's just to Carol's trait, like my original post?

    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > ?
    >
    > Meaning if Aim for the Head was say, 30%, and lucky 20%, her trait would become 30 x 0.2 + 30 = 36, then 36 + 20 = 56% ?
    >
    >

    Lucky would still also add to crit chance on its own

    Edit... Plus base factored in


    > Meaning if Aim for the Head was say, 30%, and lucky 20%, her trait would become
    ( base 10 + 30 ) x 0.2 = 48 + 20 = 68%
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    jimmorrison369
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,039
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > I think it's just to Carol's trait, like my original post?
    >
    > > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > > ?
    > >
    > > Meaning if Aim for the Head was say, 30%, and lucky 20%, her trait would become 30 x 0.2 + 30 = 36, then 36 + 20 = 56% ?
    > >
    > >
    >
    > Lucky would still also add to crit chance on its own
    >
    > Edit... Plus base factored in
    >
    >
    > > Meaning if Aim for the Head was say, 30%, and lucky 20%, her trait would become
    > ( base 10 + 30 ) x 0.2 = 48 + 20 = 68%
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Does this mean if you put a 25% critical chance badge on her that she’d be hitting crits 93% of the time? If Carol has lucky trait and weapon also would she be 100%??
    ATLAS-Zromeo
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,131
    In the past, it has been communicated to us that Lucky ADDS to Critical Chance instead of MULTIPLYING (like it does with other traits).

    How most traits work: 40% chance of trait activating * 20% lucky = 48% chance of triggering

    How the community understood critical chance working: 40% chance of activation + 20% lucky = 60% chance of triggering
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    hunter_xBurmeliinis
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 246
    damn, you've to be a rocket scientist to understand this game :lol:

    BWilsbigbeanoromeo
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,148
    edited August 3
    > @Cronus said:

    > >
    > Does this mean if you put a 25% critical chance badge on her that she’d be hitting crits 93% of the time? If Carol has lucky trait and weapon also would she be 100%??
    >

    I would say yes, but assuming is still capped at 90%




    > @JayZ said:

    > How the community understood critical chance working: 40% chance of activation + 20% lucky = 60% chance of triggering


    I believe what @Fluxxx is saying that this is still true, but that Carol's trait gets a little extra on top, with a multiplier.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    jimmorrison369romeo
Sign In or Register to comment.