Update to Lucky info

Comments

• aquilaaquila Member Posts: 244
    > @Fluxxx said:
    > Update on the carol situation. Luck does in fact affect Aim for the Head. The Luck modifier applies to the sum of base CC and Carol's trait.
    >
    > So if (numbers arbitrary):
    > Base critical chance = 10%
    > Carol's trait = 30%
    > Luck = 20%
    >
    > then it works as follows:
    >
    > (10+30)*1.2 = 48(%)
    >
    > Hope that clarifies it. I know it's confusing, took me a while 😅

@Fluxx, thanks but it doesn't clarify exactly.
    We would like to know in your example, without anything else is added, Carol's total critical chance:
    A)48%
    B)48%+20%=68%

According to what we were told before it must have been 10%+30%+20%=60%
    But appearently that is not the case.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,853
    No, critical chance is the exception. There it is +.
    If, as it appears to be, carol's trait is a chance of its own then that does use luck like all other traits...
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,634
    If lucky boosts Carol's trait will it also boost the critical chance portion of Daryl's trait in the same way? I have his silent shot at level 6 which is 32% CC and silence.

32 + 10 × 20% lucky = 50.4. Then bumped above 70% with lucky added on? I rolled his defensive stance for lucky and then turned down sure shot on the roll after as I thought it would be a wasted trait.
    jimmorrison369maku11
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 202
    @aquila @JayZ that is not so. It used to work like that about 3 years ago. but now you don't add the lucky percentage, but rather you times it by (1+lucky)

So if Carol's total CC is 48% and Lucky is 20%, then it will be 48*(1+0.2)= 57.6

@WellyLuga

If 10 is the base crit chance then for the reasons above, it will be (32+10)*1.2 or alternatively (32*1.2)+(10*1.2)
    = 50.4
  • ShayHaShayHa Member Posts: 172
    So if I have swift strike 40% with lucky 20% it will be 48%? and so on for other traits?
    Yes @ShayHa
    ShayHa
    Survivalist Rick has base 10% CC and 20% lucky, if this is correct he will have a measly 12% crit chance. Where previously I thought it was added so he would be at 30%. Obviously powerstrike really ramps those odds up but based purely on play time and experience it feels like it is closer to 30% than it does to 12%.
  • ErmaksErmaks Member Posts: 98
    > @Fluxxx said:
    > Update on the carol situation. Luck does in fact affect Aim for the Head. The Luck modifier applies to the sum of base CC and Carol's trait.
    >
    > So if (numbers arbitrary):
    > Base critical chance = 10%
    > Carol's trait = 30%
    > Luck = 20%
    >
    > then it works as follows:
    >
    > (10+30)*1.2 = 48(%)
    >
    > Hope that clarifies it. I know it's confusing, took me a while 😅

Why is the base chance of 10% when melee is 20% basic?
  • JoeSmartJoeSmart Member Posts: 185
    Only 20% for warriors, all other classes 10%
    DoomSquad Family

Already confused. Should luck activate first or does it add passively?
  • dalmerdalmer Member Posts: 37
    edited August 5
    > @JoeSmart said:
    > Only 20% for warriors, all other classes 10%

Only for charge attacks.
    From August 2018 Balance Update:

Warrior Charge Attacks
    To match their bravery and fearlessness, the base chance that the warrior's Bonus Attack results in a Critical hit has been doubled to 20%. As always, Luck and other Traits and Badges can add to this chance.

Luck ADDS to this chance.
    😕

Corrected spelling typo.
    JoeSmart
  • JoeSmartJoeSmart Member Posts: 185
    Thx @dalmer for correcting my knowledge and also showing that luck ADDS to cc in this statement NG released
    DoomSquad Family

• ShayHaShayHa Member Posts: 172
    WellyLuga said:

Survivalist Rick has base 10% CC and 20% lucky, if this is correct he will have a measly 12% crit chance. Where previously I thought it was added so he would be at 30%. Obviously powerstrike really ramps those odds up but based purely on play time and experience it feels like it is closer to 30% than it does to 12%.

How come rick has 10% base CC? is that the 5th trait?
    ShayHa said:

WellyLuga said:

How come rick has 10% base CC? is that the 5th trait?
    Every survivor has a base CC of 10% except for warriors which were bumped to 20% as mentioned above. Sorry, I was just using an example of a survivor we all likely use very often - it wasn't specific to Rick.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,150
    > @WellyLuga said:
    >
    > Every survivor has a base CC of 10% except for warriors which were bumped to 20%

So we thought. Everything we were 100% sure of is now less certain.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    ShadowWalkerromeo
    All I'll say is that base CC can vary based on class.

As for lucky, I don't know why it's been said that Lucky adds to the chance... perhaps a misunderstanding/miswording (doesn't matter now). But I looked at the code with a programmer as we tried to figure this out and Lucky is indeed a multiplier with CC just as it is with other traits.
    bladgierjimmorrison369Jaden
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,131
    Thanks for clarifying @Fluxxx. It always seemed odd to me that it was additive instead of multiplicative like with every other trait. Would have been great if it were additive, but I guess now we know.

Is there any reason you can't share base CC percentages? It's not like that is a game-breaking secret like badge recipes...
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    tabernacATLAS-ZGradyiSkyi
    Does this change the way lucky interacts with power strike, sure shot and critical chance badges then? We were previously told that it had no effect on them at all since they basically did the same thing. Has this changed? @Fluxxx
    bladgiertabernacGrady
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 244
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > Does this change the way lucky interacts with power strike, sure shot and critical chance badges then? We were previously told that it had no effect on them at all since they basically did the same thing. Has this changed? @Fluxxx

Maybe:
    Total CC=(Base CC+PS/SS+leader traits)*(1+total luck)+CC badges
    ??
    jimmorrison369maku11
    aquila said:

> @WellyLuga said:

> Does this change the way lucky interacts with power strike, sure shot and critical chance badges then? We were previously told that it had no effect on them at all since they basically did the same thing. Has this changed? @Fluxxx

Maybe:

Total CC=(Base CC+PS/SS+leader traits)*(1+total luck)+CC badges

??

Maybe! I don't know if it's possible to work out without input from NG. I used to regard lucky as a really important trait for warriors, if not for Michonne's trait but for Jesus' crit chance. My main question is when is the lucky calculation? If it's at the end after PS and CC badges are added then it is, but if the calculation is at the start with base CC and then PS/CC badges are added at the end then it's really weak.
    Killdozer187_psychwolf
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,853
    edited August 6
    I would assume @aquila is correct.
    It is like that for every other trait (dodge etc). Apparently crit chance is exactly the same as other traits.

Only body-shot is the exception, if that is even true...

Edit- not sure I agree cc-badges being the only ones being separated.
    @Fluxxx can it be done so that for example 15 + 3 dodges (from luck) would be displayed in the character's lines? same as on weapons it writes when an update token is used
    Grady
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 385
    about that.....
    psychwolfSPC_TORRES
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 133
    So I did a quick test while scavenging on a gas booster. I used the Governor as my test subject. He has luck at lvl 5 (18%) and I have equipped him with 3 Critical Chance badges, in total giving a boost of 37%. We'll assume bas chance is 10%. Governor also has Sure Shot, but in this test I made sure to always move before shooting so all hits were without the effect of Sure Shot.

Of a total of 156 hits, 88 were critical, or 56%.

Let's see how this fits into the various possibilities to calculate

a) Additive: 10 % + 18 % + 37 % = 65%
    b) Multiplicative, with badges added flatly on top = 10% * 1,18 = 12 % + 37 % = 49 %
    c) Multiplicative, with badges also benefiting of luck = (10+37) * 1,18 = 55 %

I think the data points are too few to say anything for sure except that more testing would be needed :)

Also notable is that 5 hits were bodyshots. The zombies were always lvl 25 against my lvl 24 Governor (no pink stars).
    aquilaGrady
  • booshboosh Member Posts: 279
    My question would be does luck allow you to exceed the maximum % rule. So if I have Carol at 90% crit chance would her special trait, lucky as a basic trait or weapon trait push that over the threshold?