Update to Lucky info

13»

Comments

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,131
    No @boosh. I believe it’s a hard cap. But then again, I’ve learned from this thread that I don’t know how things work, so who knows *shrug*
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    jimmorrison369boosh
  • booshboosh Member Posts: 279
    I thought it was a definite hard cap but I'm very unsure anymore. My dream of Critical Carol to roll with my scout Daryl might still come true.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,500
    @Fluxxx so even the programmers don’t understand the code anymore? No wonder we get so many bugs when new stuff comes out! 😀. Hopefully they can unpick the code soon and understand how the game works. Maybe could ask some of the guys on the forum as sounds like they may have a better idea then the new guy. 😛
    Thanks for the response and please take the above in the good humour it was intended.
    SPC_TORRES
  • ErmaksErmaks Member Posts: 98
    > @Fluxxx said:
    > They do understand the code, but they won't know everything by heart of course - and then it takes time out of everything else that they do to check and verify these mechanics that were designed by somebody else.
    >
    > Anyways, Lucky affects the aggregate of CC. So (Base CC + traits + badges)*(1+Lucky)
    >
    > Basically anything that specifically adds to or boosts CC, comes in before Lucky.

Does Eugene's leader stack with hazard suit on the armor? and then multiply by luck?
  • ErmaksErmaks Member Posts: 98
    > @Fluxxx said:
    > @Ermaks
    > Those two are different. Eugene's trait helps against critical hits and stuns, Hazard suit increases the chances that an attack against you will be a body shot. So when you're attacked, the chances of body shot are 'rolled' (Hazard suit comes in here), if it is a body shot then all is good. If it is not a body shot, then it rolls again to determine whether that attack will be a normal hit or critical (Mullet Time!).
    >
    > Both are boosted by Lucky, but separately because they're separate calculations.

Thank you, please tell me. It was said earlier that luck does not support a protective suit, but you say that luck supports both, where is the truth?
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,350
    edited August 9
    Ughh this is what I'm saying. It was previously established that luck doesn't affect any traits that affect body shots (hazard suit, bulletproof, razor, or piercing). Is this also not true anymore?
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 202
    edited August 9
    Ah I see, I didn't take a look at the code for this (focused on the fact that Mullet time and hazard suit are separate), but if it's been established like that previously, I'll come back to you on this one.

Edit: @crambert_nec you are correct. Hazard suit is not affected by luck.
    jimmorrison369Firekidpsychwolfbigbeano
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,131
    @Fluxxx I know that Hazard Suit and Eugene's leader trait are distinct, but how does Dodge and Eugene's leader trait interact at high levels?

From what I understand, at high levels, dodge helps reduce the chance of a critical attack, just like Eugene's LT. So if you have 30% dodge and 30% from Eugene's LT, are those additive to be 60% reduced chance of being critically hit?
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    jimmorrison369bigbeano
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,830
    @JayZ my guess would be, those 30% are both calculated separately in 2 rolls but I don't know.
    jimmorrison369JayZ
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,853
    Like @bladgier I think dodge is still a different trait. One of dodges results is making critical a regular hit, but that's still done by dodge.
    But who's to say, just think it is unlikely.
  • Mario_RomeroMario_Romero Member Posts: 92
    Thanks for that diagram @Fluxxx. Now where is the pie chart? :)

So the order of "rolls" would be hazard suit, leader trait, dodge?

And they each roll seperately where the counter is reset to 100% every time?

So (making abstraction of HS for a second) if you have 30% LT and 30% dodge you still have only 30% chance of not getting critically hit. Only difference is you have two chances at this 30%.

Is this correct?
    jimmorrison369romeo
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,853
    @Mario_Romero
    30% chance of Eugene.
    70% left, then 30% of the remaining 70%.
    1-(1-.3)^2=51% chance to not be critical.
    And 0.3*0.3= 9% chance at dodge.

So 42% chance at non-critical and 9% to be non-critical and dodge.
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 166
    @Fluxxx

Thank you for the new screensaver, that is an awesome diagram!