PSA: Bayonet Musket Distance charge points (how to keep them)

JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,042
As this information has been buried in two different threads, I thought a PSA might be helpful.

Here's what you can do to keep them, and what you must avoid in order not to lose them:

:star: Charge your scouts with the musket, change to a normal weapon, don't play a mission - charge points will return to three

:warning: If you take the scout to a mission after charging to three using a normal scout weapon, then changing back to the musket, you will be left with only two charge points (according to testing by @zbot ).

For people who like to see it in action, I took a video of this to prove it actually works if you don't go into a mission with a normal weapon.

Since I can't upload a video here, I took screenshots with time stamps.

Charged with the musket:

Changed to spear (any other 2 charge point weapon will work the same way):

Two charge points with a normal (2 charge point) scout weapon (spear in this case):

Equipped the musket again:

Three charge points are back:

Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
jimmorrison369DodkongJankelTHCrossSCBMAGovernatorSPC_TORRESTeenahGeeTCBRITO

Comments

• johnacudajohnacuda Member Posts: 96
    Thanks, @Jayden !

FYI, THis applies to all missions, not just the Distance.
    If you charge to 3 with the musket, then go scavenge, or one kf the season missions, or a story mission, or a outpost raidm it still bungs it up.

I have not tested, but suspect it would even trip the breaker if one of the prescribed season mission characters is used, (like Carol in highway robbery).
    crambert_necTCBRITO
  • RWSRWS Member Posts: 291
    edited August 2
    @johnacuda Charge points carry over in the distance. Never seen them carry over in any other missions
    crambert_necmimicaTCBRITO
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,042
    @johnacuda
    Wrong Jaden. ;)

Did you mean to say you lose the charge point in Distance even if you use a normal scout weapon on the fully charged scout in a different game mode?

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • johnacudajohnacuda Member Posts: 96
    Jaden said:

@johnacuda
    Wrong Jaden. ;)

Did you mean to say you lose the charge point in Distance even if you use a normal scout weapon on the fully charged scout in a different game mode?

Correct.
    @johnacuda

That's odd - haven't seen that, yet... I thought I used charged up scouts in challenges with normal weapons but I might not have been paying attention.

That would explain people losing one charge point even though they didn't use a scout with a normal weapon in a Distance mission.

I'll pay more attention to it next time and see if that happens to me as well.

@johnacuda

Okay, I had a chance to test it now. Definitely doesn't happen to me, at least not the way I went about it.

Video/screenshots of said video (again)...

Charged to 3 for Distance:

Switching to challenge mission:

Changing to spear:

Challenge mission started and finished:

Back to Distance with spear still equipped:

Equipped musket again:

3 charge points still there:

jimmorrison369SCBMA