Reroll is not random

SamSmithSamSmith Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 5
I tried to Reroll 1 trait 3 times for 1 survivor and got the same trait options all 3 times.
I think that its pre-determined the traits i Will get for all traits i try to Reroll.
I heard that tjis happends to a LOT of players so NG cant sa its not like this.

I think that is not rigth that i have to accept a bad trait to get a new option the next Reroll.
NG i need my Reroll tokens back ๐Ÿ˜Ž
psychwolfTroublemakerRenopwns

Comments

• psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,204
    Yeah a known bug that they deny in order to keep people spending money. That's pretty unscrupulous. I agree, there's no way it's random when it's happening this much. Too bad NG won't listen.
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 741
    My advice whether the issue is real or perceived is to never do back to back re-rolls. Being slightly superstitious and the anecdotal evidence being somewhat compelling, I always make a roll and then exit out of the game completely before doing another roll. I can only say that when doing this I've never gotten the same two trait options in the exact same sequence on the second roll that I got in the first...
    JadenJenng
  • Huricane444Huricane444 Member Posts: 147
    > @tabernac said:
    > My advice whether the issue is real or perceived is to never do back to back re-rolls. Being slightly superstitious and the anecdotal evidence being somewhat compelling, I always make a roll and then exit out of the game completely before doing another roll. I can only say that when doing this I've never gotten the same two trait options in the exact same sequence on the second roll that I got in the first...

Game exit wont give anythink, its just u are lucky one)
  • danny_sulcadanny_sulca Member Posts: 31
    They did it on purpose
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,028

Waiting for the classic "chances for all traits are equal and random".

Like Bulletproof and Training Gear on gear.

They never said they are equal for each individual rarity. Just saying...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Jenng
  • SamSmithSamSmith Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 5
    I did exit the game and i did a Reroll whit another toon before trying again. But all 3 Reroll have the same trait option. And some in myguild got the same result.
    Its like everything else in the game = predetermined and NG say its not.
    Give me my Reroll token back
    psychwolf
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,953
    And Earth is not round ๐ŸŒ
    Jenng
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,028

Jaden said:

bladgier said:

And Earth is not round ๐ŸŒ

Well... :D

Shape of the Earth

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet."
    -- Abraham Lincoln

:lol:

https://slate.com/technology/2015/09/earth-without-water-nope.html

How about these ideas?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figure_of_the_Earth
    (For starters...)

Anyway, perfectly round or not, at least it's not flat. ;)
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    THCrossSPC_TORRESJenng
  • RaffoRaffo Member Posts: 21
    I changed one Morgan's trait and I was lucky and found one of the traits I was looking for. Then I went for the second change and refuse the two options. I've tried another time and had other 2 undisired options but different from the first attempt and refuse them. Then I've tried for the third time and get the trait I was looking for. It seems very random in my own experience
    JadenTCBRITO
    Cronus said:

> @bladgier said:

> And Earth is not round ๐ŸŒ

Flat Earther??

No, sarcasm.

CronusJadenSPC_TORRESJenng
    So how do you explain a player rerolling on the same trait and getting the same 2 options THREE TIMES IN A ROW. Is it a conspiracy @bladgier?
    You still deny there's any problem and it's not worth looking into Fluxxx? That's extremely negligent and incompetent. How is it possible that isn't a bug?
    Especially when NG is making money off it. I wouldn't really care if they weren't. That burns me, ripping people off when it's not random. Care to explain some more @Fluxx or just keep denying there's an issue?
    There are multiple people getting the same options 3 times in a row, not just this thread. It's a big headache for NG to admit there's a problem and compensate people so they keep ripping people off without doing their due diligence.
    Your data is flawed or you're lying. I don't believe you tested it thoroughly and you never posted any REAL results. You'd better treat it as a bug because you have no credibility in your statements.
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 312
    Trust me, this would have been MUCH easier on all of us if this was a bug that we could reproduce, and I wish it was so too. I've posted a video of me rerolling traits once. I could upload tenths and tenths of them if you like but it's just going to show what I've been saying - we can't reproduce it.

Note that almost none of the reports from the previous thread were same 2 traits 3 times in a row, same with support tickets. Most are reporting either twice in a row, or ONE trait coming up twice or thrice.

Either way @psychwolf you are not understanding my point. I've brought it up and we tested this EVERY TIME that this resurfaced, and in all ways of testing this it did not come up as a bug.

I'm done discussing this now. As I said, I will advocate for an improvement to the feature, and I can upload a video of countless rerolls if that's something that the community would like. Otherwise, I will be closing this thread at the end of the day.
    bladgierJenngTCBRITObigbeano
    Plenty of players seems to be experience this "anomaly."
    Just because you've tested it doesn't mean it's not happening on certain accounts.
    There is however a growing list of players who refuse to spend any more money on this game because of this issue. Myself included. 3 times a row is ridiculous and there's nothing you can say to justify that as random.
    @Fluxxx I'm personally sorry to see what you have to read and go trough sometimes and your patience is being exposed to a test. Thanks for your responses.

Perhaps what you could do, maybe share a 100 trait rerolls and that could perhaps conclude the "issiue" or it's lacking?
    psychwolfTroublemaker
  • JoeSmartJoeSmart Member Posts: 220
    Hy @Fluxxx

just a thought: is it possible to test in the players account which reported the issue exactly? So maybe in @psychwolf account in the roll he mentioned (just as example, of course it could be every other player )

I don't know if this is possible or is against some data policy - it is just maybe an option to consider to get some transparency?

Cheers
    Joe
    DoomSquad Family

• FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 312
    Yes it is @JoeSmart and we've done it as well. We can basically make an identical copy of an existing account in our test environment (which is the same as the game as well).
    Basically is bullshit. Sorry, that doesn't replicate the same variable factors. Try again.
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 741
    Hopefully the folks that are experiencing this bug/3 times outrageously unlucky situation will record their results from now on. I know it's going to take some time for them to build their reroll tokens back up since they aren't (understandably) spending money on reroll tokes.
    BurmeliinisJenngbigbeano
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 153
    @Fluxxx

@Jaden is right. Even if everything is working perfectly, a lot of players have perceptions ranging from the system being broken to the system being deliberately rigged. The last thing you want at this point in the game is to introduce a great new feature that disappoints a large number of veteran players.

My suggestion:
    1) Do not allow traits to appear in back-to-back rerolls.
    2) Do not allow a previously replaced trait to appear in a reroll for 24(?) hours after it is replaced.

If NG believes this throws the game out of balance and makes it too easy to build perfect survivors, adjust the reroll cost accordingly. Ultimately, this is all simply a matter of how many reroll /survivor tokens on average it takes to get a desired trait.
    Fluxxx
This discussion has been closed.