New Kaboom maps - Bugs

2»

Comments

• FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 202
    Thanks for your feedback on the map set guys. The rework initially happened due to negative feedback, and clearly it needs more work.
    So apart from some very clear bugs with the gates and teammates stabbing each other, I wanted to ask you guys to elaborate on what you'd liked changed exactly - keep in mind that we want to keep the map sets challenging (but not too hard of course)
    For example, there's a few comments complaining about the spawns - what is it that you don't like? (We have our suspicions, but it's better if it comes straight from you.)

Feel free to bring up other issues that you've encountered.
    Please keep it civil :)
    romeoSPC_TORRES
  • BenoitBenoit Member Posts: 46
    The changes on all maps exept lock in are ok. The problem with lock in is that it was possible to block the spawns from the gate not it's not. It was also possible to place the survivor so we could close the door more to the right so the spawns from the left wouldn't reach the survivors.

I used to love this map the way it was. Just go back to the original lock in and this challenge will be fun again 😊
    Tripod
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 133
    I mostly liked the changes. Fuse Box was much better now (with one gate opening and the other closing instead of both either opening or closing) and Old Bricks was also more interesting than before. Lock in was too hard, especially since there was a armored spawning at the bottom AND one at the top, combined with no way of blocking the spawn from the gate.

I think in general a lot of players like to be able to spawn block and I agree that on some maps (but not all) that should be one valuable tactic. On the Kaboom mapset I don't think there were any worthwhile spawnblocks.
    romeoGovernatorZette
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,500
    You could spawn block the armoured walker at the bottom on lock in which was the only way I could get through the last few rounds. I personally really liked the change to fusebox as found it much more strategic than before. Old bricks was a crap shoot depending on the placement of the two exploders. Basically either 3 stars or none most of the time. Not sure what you could do to fix that. Either way the changes were subtle and I didn’t notice much difference in my enjoyment of the set.
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 357
    @Firekid I think you're referring to Overrun Compound. That was a great set rework.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,500
    @Dbl_Edge_DEP yep that’s the one! Thought all the reworks were going to be as good as that but alas they weren’t!
    romeoDbl_Edge_DEPJaden
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,634
    rchap said:

The issue with Lock In @Fluxxx is the fact that you have continuous spawn and no ability to block it. At high levels, that means you are guarsnteed to get seriously damaged and spend gold healing and replaying many times over before you get lucky and beat it. That requires patience and lots of gold, but not much skill.

In general, I feel that way about most challenge maps that have continuous spawn. Besides removing a strateguc element of the game in Threat Reduction, it seems like those maps are built to induce massive gold spend and replays. Replaying the same map 25 times over to get lucky and beat it is actually pretty boring - especially when we replay the same set of maps every few weeks. This surely contributes to the feeling of the grind.

I wish you gave more thought to increasing the strategic aspect of each map, rather than just throwing as many walkers in the mix as possible.

You can actually block the spawns a little to be fair, walkers will only spawn in the 6 spaces in the middle so with a couple nicely positioned bruisers you can actually stop more from spawning unless any are killed. It's not like shut it where they will spill right out of the gates and start spawning around it regardless :lol:

Aside from that, agree entirely. NG's general way to cut the grind is just to make one map completely imbalanced in comparison to the other 5.
  • mirmir Member Posts: 47
    Because of this error(bug) I spent time and gold to re-enter and pick up the thirteenth pass. @Fluxxx
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 166
    > @mir said:
    > Because of this error(bug) I spent time and gold to re-enter and pick up the thirteenth pass.

Looks like Gabriel is trying to grope some zombie booty.
    SPC_TORRESRWSGovernatorbigbeano
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 357
    I didn't have an issue with the way Ka-Boom used to be. Endless spawns is a bit silly and makes it somewhat of a boring slogfest, if you're gonna have a spawn pile, there should be a way to reduce or temporarily stop the pile from producing enemies like on Main Road. My issue with Lock In was the dodgy gate and again, inability to reduce the amount of walkers who come out at the same time. At high level, if you manage to kill the two gate spawns, you already have someone locking the gate (occupied) and only one toon defending all three toons.

Fire In The Hole, no concerns here, seems balanced.

Perimeter Defence, no concerns here, seems balanced.

Dark Corner, no concerns here, seems balanced.

Fuse Box, start all enemies outside of the gates but already in aggressive status, one gate is already open so they can still come thru.

Old Bricks, as above initial point, however this brings up a point: make one objective type per round i. e 1 map of open 3 crates, 1 map of close the gate and lock enemies out, 1 map of open the gate and escape incoming enemies, 1 map of kill all walkers, 1 map of kill all freemen, 1 map of turning off alarms to stop enemies respawning and exit. This applies to all map sets... make it fresh and interesting to the players. Switch up required.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    romeo
    edited August 12
    that would remove all doubt Lord )) https://my-files.ru/r4najh here there is my battle @Firekid
    Firekid
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,521
    edited August 14

I asked Support for a refund of the Gas and Gold lost for this stupid bug. I was told to piss off. :neutral:
  • Sg_DeathSg_Death Member Posts: 42
    @Governator it affected us all hope we get compensated at some point🤔
    Elder : Blood and Bones
    I actually said stupid, I'm kind of in shock. *we've restarted your fight , it's okay* and it's Tuesday on the calendar. Then true but my question is what you gentlemen answered; thank you we will pass the request to the developers. So it's okay, we continue to test the game. Justice climbs from all sides NG . Sadly @Fluxxx
  • andy75andy75 Member Posts: 256
    Auto spawns should forever go away
    WellyLuga