Why are Warrior's First Charged Hit not Guarenteed Critical Hit NG?

124»

Comments

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,823
    edited August 14
    How far the game has come in such a short time. Where something to be classed as effective is for 3* at 40+. You certainly set your standards high! :lol:@JayZ
    vshield50THCrossATLAS-ZBurmeliinis
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    If you want to give warrior's a unique buff, how about giving them 2 extra badge slots?
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    Garretromeo
  • booshboosh Member Posts: 348
    @Cronus "Either too hard, or too soft... Rarely just right" I have that problem occasionally as well.
    CronusJadenMystique
  • BWilsBWils Member Posts: 98
    still using Michonne on 40.2

Burmeliinisromeo
  • TrishaloveTrishalove Member Posts: 21
    edited August 26
    JayZ said:

Any videos of Warriors being used this past week?

I ended up having a lot going on last Challenge. Here is one from The Laundry at 37.2 on this week’s Challenge. It is Jesus Lead with a scout and another Warrior.
    In this they fight levels 37, 38, 39, and 40.
    I also let Jesus take a hit from a level 38 Tank (instead of using his charge shot). This was because elsewhere someone questioned his Health badge. It is to show that he would only get bruised by a 38’s hit and be able to stand for more beating and not go instantly into struggle as they predicted.

xbamfxromeo
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 771
    @Trishalove - Appreciate the video, but can you at some point in the future post some 40+ Warrior vids? I'm mediocre at best with Warriors and I can run them at 37.2 with a Scout in the group. Cheers!
    CronusJadenJayZSg_Death
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 771
    The technique you employ in that video is what I call "PowerStrike Spawn Camping". You do it very well, but I'm familiar with that one. I want to learn new Warrior techniques if possible.

JadenJayZbigbeano
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 2,046
    edited August 27
    All Jerry 😁😁😁> @tabernac said:
    > @Trishalove - Appreciate the video, but can you at some point in the future post some 40+ Warrior vids? I'm mediocre at best with Warriors and I can run them at 37.2 with a Scout in the group. Cheers!

For me I do not use warriors towards the end of my challenge because they cannot survive or do enough damage that I can plan on (no guarenteed critical charge like scouts or stun for bruisers). Lvl 40+ are the game changer levels for me too when it comes to warriors.

Basically when I am struggling to get 1 star (or even 2), my warriors are benched and my bruisers/scouts are working OT.

Warriors are in some significant need of some love!

@Fluxxx any word on the guarenteed first charge being critical for warriors going in affect in 3.4?
    edited August 27
    > @Trishalove said:
    > (Quote)
    > The ability to do a regular attack almost at Hunter distance in a 3 to 4 enemy cone.

I was under the impression that the Dragons Tongue functioned like the spear and had the same range only a slightly larger attack area. I might be wrong though. I want THAT weapon though :lol:
    edited August 27
    WellyLuga said:

> @Trishalove said:

> (Quote)

> The ability to do a regular attack almost at Hunter distance in a 3 to 4 enemy cone.

I was under the impression that the Dragons Tongue functioned like the spear and had the same range only a slightly larger attack area. I might be wrong though. I want THAT weapon though :lol:

You are correct. I misunderstood the distance. 🙂
    vshield50
    Every attack is 2 spaces away, like the spear. How is it shooter/hunter distance?
    WellyLuga said:

Every attack is 2 spaces away, like the spear. How is it shooter/hunter distance?

Look below the video. I already answered this.
    vshield50
    > @Trishalove said:
    > (Quote)
    > Look below the video. I already answered this.

Ohhh, I didn't see your text below! It would be good if it was hunter range. Might be the only time a warrior dominates 40+!
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 624
    I agree this weapon MIGHT be awesome, time will tell, but I don't think it solves the warriors problems. in a high level nutshell this is how I see it...

scout = shooter = highest damage possible
    bruiser = assault = tank/stunner
    warrior = hunter = ??? ... nothing great, no advantage so wont be usable at real high levels
    JayZconeBWils
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 546
    edited August 27
    I dig warriors like raccoons digging through my trash cans.

I might even have a go at rsl 33 with em this week!
    JayZbigbeanopsychwolfBWils
  • euchideuchid Member Posts: 165
    Warriors should be left unchanged regarding extra attack beeing not a guaranteed critical hit but the amount of kills to get a charged attack should be reduced to 1 (yes ONE).
    So I cannot post videos on the forum but my Michonne took some good hits (to include a critical) at lvl 40 and did not struggle. I did swap one of her traits though.

Michonne was in the lead and I brought with me a bruiser and Stabby Rick

@tabernac
    tabernacBWilsJadenShadowWalker

I didn’t forget. I just haven’t been pushing my Challenges lately.
    Anyway, This is Narrow Path 40.2. Two stars. Jesus is the star here.
    vshield50BWils
    Hahaha @Trishalove ! You are awesome :)
    Trishalove
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,239
    Whoa, pretty cool, thanks for sharing @Trishalove!

FYI, there are some other strategies on that map that are way easier than using Warriors. I could pretty easily 3* the RSL47 Master Mission, and I know some folks were getting 3* at 50.

Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    tabernacJadenTrishalove