Guild Wars - What's happening

Comments

• maku11maku11 Member Posts: 60
    edited April 28
    The low-level survivors still have advantage in Challenge.
    That comment was made before GWS was implemented.
    There is a big difference between Challenge and GWS. The thing is there are winners and losers.
    There's a difference in the RP you get for winning and losing
    It shouldn't apply in GWS,
    romeo
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,241
    edited April 28
    I've been thinking on it more and I think setting the GWs mission difficulties off of:

(( the "average" of your highest level gear and your highest level survivor; but never less than highest survivor level))

would probably work.

At least, I can't think of a better solution yet.

(Camp level is a reasonable Alt)

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    rogueDS
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 597
    Hope we get an announcement soon for what next gw will hold. They should fix this equipment level. I think it was done so people can reinforce to put on a higher level character not to make a weapon for a low level character.
    CrocodileWellyLugareekookrPasteSilverhawk
  • SilverhawkSilverhawk Member Posts: 753
    rogueDS said:

I think it was done so people can reinforce to put on a higher level character not to make a weapon for a low level character.

So you're saying it was only intended so I could take that lvl 12 weapon from 2 years ago that is still in my inventory and upgrade it to fit my lvl 27 hero.....?! 😂

Seriously.....?!

Or was it maybe intended so that people would buy equipment and bundles from the store, like the Golden Assault Rifle, and Kingdom Spear, and Harpoon Gun, and Winter Bow, Morgan's staff, Dragon's Tongue etc etc etc at lvl 17..... Or lower even..... Something they wouldn't otherwise do at that level before, because once upgraded to lvl 20 it became useless..... Now, one can buy these items and carry them with them..... So, it gives lower level players the incentive to SPEND.....
    Crocodile
    edited May 1
    > @Silverhawk said:
    > (Quote)
    > So you're saying it was only intended so I could take that lvl 12 weapon from 2 years ago that is still in my inventory and upgrade it to fit my lvl 27 hero.....?! 😂
    >
    > Seriously.....?!
    >
    > Or was it maybe intended so that people would buy equipment and bundles from the store, like the Golden Assault Rifle, and Kingdom Spear, and Harpoon Gun, and Winter Bow, Morgan's staff, Dragon's Tongue etc etc etc at lvl 17..... Or lower even..... Something they wouldn't otherwise do at that level before, because once upgraded to lvl 20 it became useless..... Now, one can buy these items and carry them with them..... So, it gives lower level players the incentive to SPEND.....

Noooo... I think what he's saying is that it gives you NO INCENTIVE to advance your survivors levels. It does the opposite in fact.

I could be wrong. But then I generally try and see the overall intent of someone's words rather than trying to twist them to suit my own needs. Because of this sometimes I get it wrong. Maybe that's the case.

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    SilverhawkrogueDS
  • SilverhawkSilverhawk Member Posts: 753
    > @ATLAS-Z said: Noooo... I think what he's saying is that it gives you NO INCENTIVE to advance your survivors levels. It does the opposite in fact.
    >
    > I could be wrong. But then I generally try and see the overall intent of someone's words rather than trying to twist them to suit my own needs. Because of this sometimes I get it wrong. Maybe that's the case.

😂 Dear angel-z
    Who’s twisting words?

He wrote:
    “They should fix this equipment level. I think it was done so people can reinforce to put on a higher level character not to make a weapon for a low level character.”

This is what I understand from that:

Equipment level, I think, was done so people can reinforce (lower level gear) to put on a higher level character.....
    NOT to make a (higher lvl) weapon for a low level character.....

Thats filling in the blanks...... Not twisting words.

Now please..... you give me an example of how his words Translate into him saying “that it gives you NO INCENTIVE to advance your survivors levels. It does the opposite in fact.”
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    Guys, literary majors examine and explicate works by great writers, like Shakespeare. No offense to @rogueDS , but I think you’re spending entirely too much time on his words. He’s not even dead yet, why don’t you just ask him?
    All I was trying to say was it was thought of to be used as a way of being able to equip a level 15 character with a level 30 weapon. I would never use a weapon from 2 years ago to bring to 30. I am someone who didn't spend money on game especially weapons till I got my characters to level 26. Does what i said above make sense. @Silverhawk
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,528
    At least now it should have been fixed so that the players taking advantage of this obvious loophole can fade away into the shadows. Or actually level up their survivors like the rest of us did...

Nice work, NG!

CrocodileATLAS-ZSilverhawkPasteTCBRITO
  • CrocodileCrocodile Member Posts: 673
    If set normal weapon (not upgraded) same result on GW map, and you piss and moan more
    the last standing knight of low lvl
    WellyLugaPaste

WellyLugaPasteSlizebladgier
    we are still have that mystery "advantage"
    Karajoca3vilrineSlize
  • LindaLinda Member Posts: 3
    I’m disappointed they are lowering the guild plays from 25 to 18
  • grzechExpgrzechExp Member Posts: 47
    I'm trying to find more informations about the:
    1. GW shortcuts. How does it look? Are they the extra missions or some missions on one map are marked as shortcuts? How many are there? Any screens available?
    2. Difficulty rebalance. Does it mean that there are some changes in RSL vs VP ratio in the missions?
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 983
    Sorry if I missed it in the chatter but does GW start up again on Monday?
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

edited May 9
    registration on monday
    fight starts on tuesday
    3vilrineJLC
    I thought Tuesday was first fight. @Crocodile Tuesday to Sunday
    Crocodile
    Oh fuck, yes, my phone change that to Thursday :)
    3vilrine
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 983
    Thanks hahaha
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

• GalexGalex Member Posts: 37
    @Silverhawk you are absolutely right.

NG killed a chicken laying golden eggs.

NC having removed the beginner’s interest in development, they once again went on about the aching elders.

Какая нафиг война, теперь ходим только по А линии и собираем черепки.
    Crocodilemiori199373
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    Galex said:

NC having removed the beginner’s interest in development, they once again went on about the aching elders.

How so? They didn't hurt beginners in any way that I can tell.
  • GalexGalex Member Posts: 37
    After you cut the branch on which you sit, you offer goods that no one needs now with your innovations, listen to more whiners and people who apparently do not even play this game, otherwise I’m tired of every second in the alliance to reassure that everything gathered to stop playing, and the alliance consists of more than 150 people.
    ATLAS-ZCrocodilemiori199373
  • Erik_war_ZErik_war_Z Member Posts: 6
    WellyLuga said:

Crocodile said:

If set normal weapon (not upgraded) same result on GW map, and you piss and moan more

Who's moaning? It was broken and it was fixed.

Here's an image of the players who have spent hundreds and hundreds of reinforcement tokens taking advantage of an error in a beta when they read the patch notes...

@WellyLuga sure you haven’t got your best badges using badge cycles. Why don’t you ask NG to fix this loophole//exploit?

Perhaps are you still using it?

Low level survivors with high level weapons had to be fixed, but not the way they did.

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/43095/suggestion-for-minimizing-gw-level-abuse-flat-badges-and-reinforced-weapons-with-lower-levels/p2

The man in your video is me, but with tears flowing down my face since I read the patch notes.
    TCBRITOSilverhawkmiori199373Crocodile
  • WaylayerWaylayer Member Posts: 1
    Not really loving how few sections we can do. I felt it was more challenging and more fun with unlimited battles during a time limit. You'd have to swap out your best players cos they were healing to just get one more battle in under the wire.
    TCBRITOATLAS-Z
This discussion has been closed.