Guild Wars - What's happening

Comments

• xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,062
    We have waited this long and I agree rolling out the update prior and working out issues was the safe bet. I’d rather have it after the holidays when it can be the primary focus. It’s been a year a little more patience doesn’t even matter at this point.
    TroublemakerATLAS-ZJadenManselle
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,978
    @Fluxxx i still feel we are slightly under prepared for this guild wars with regards to organising our guilds and filling the slots. Is there any chance we can get some screenshots of what the maps are likely to look like and some idea of what difficulty walkers we are likely to be facing at the beginning of the war and the end?
    Also have the “human” enemies AI been adjusted in regards to how they are picked and their behaviour. Lastly and I’m sure I know the answer to this will the human enemies badges be taken into account when we face them?
    mirWazza116
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 492
    Walker difficulties scale based on the average level of your top 3 survivors, so it'll be different based on different players. This way, lower level players can still try to complete harder missions (but of course, high level players with strong gear, pink stars and badges are better equipped for hard missions)
    Human enemies don't have badges equipped.
    JenngAlexNik
    Cheers fluxxx, as en example though, level 27 survivors with a couple of 3 pink. What’s the highest difficulty they will face? Also will we get a sneak peak at what the map looks like or do we have to wait?
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,900
    That's a shame about human enemies being badgeless,there won't really be much of a challenge without that. I suppose it does mean my hospital won't be as full!
    JenngTroublemakerKarajoca
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,073
    @WellyLuga if badges were allowed on defenders 90% of the community would quit after a few trials.

Only the hardcore would press on.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    JenngBuckzzrukajiakira1Carl_s_Hat
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,296
    That would be me @ATLAS-Z
    I don’t want any part of y’all’s badass,badged,bitches. Honestly.

ATLAS-ZBuckzz
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,297
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > @WellyLuga if badges were allowed on defenders 90% of the community would quit after a few trials.
    >
    > Only the hardcore would press on.

I see your point but that shouldn't make any sense.

How can a handicap be even considered for this? NG shoots their feet over and over.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    KarajocaDrhoo
  • AlexNikAlexNik Member Posts: 7
    Hey. Tell me, please, how will our favorite game choose equipment for the fighters chosen by the system?
    It is necessary to explain to the players how the game selects enemies from their survivors, as well as equipment for them. So far we only know that there are no badges on the enemies. Understanding the rules for choosing three survivors who will fight with fully equipped survivors of an opponent is very important. This is as important as the choice of outpost defenders. Do also for guild wars, please. Then it will be much more interesting.
    TroublemakerWellyLugaJenng
    edited January 14
    Agreed, these were concerns we had the first time GW came out. We were told our strongest pink star survivors would be prioritised but it didn't really work that way, it was mostly the same combination of heroes like Carol, Aaron, Hunter Daryl, RGG etc.

My highest pink stars are normal survivors, none of which have iron skin and are mostly geared up for fighting level 40+ walkers. My strongest hero bruiser is Eugene but I have rolled his iron skin too, take away his badges and dependent on the gear chosen he could be at 0% DR and be easily double tapped by any averagely badged shooter. If the game picks my outpost team in all of their gear they might stand a chance of inflicting a bruise or two before crumpling like paper :lol:.

I guess we will have to wait and see how it pans out. But as it stands I can't see raider battles being challenging. Assuming both guilds have 20 players playing 2 battles per war and using all 40 of their attacks whilst using the star hero in lead I can't see what is going to separate them. It just feels like another game mode to grind and collect your rewards to me. Obviously that is just first impressions based on the information we have available to us.
    SCBMAJenngTroublemaker
    @WellyLuga interesting you mentioned using the star hero. I had a look at the gabe one today and It appears the bit about GW has been removed. I do wonder if that is on purpose or an oversight?
    edited January 14
    Firekid said:

@WellyLuga interesting you mentioned using the star hero. I had a look at the gabe one today and It appears the bit about GW has been removed. I do wonder if that is on purpose or an oversight?

Ah that's a shame, as soon as I saw that it was the Padre I was happy that the first GW battles would be with a usable hero!
    I’m hoping they took it off when guild wars wasn’t a thing and just haven’t put it back...
    WellyLugaSpiked
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 517
    edited January 15
    Hi @Fluxxx, will beta wars be a season Long or just one war?
    Firekid said:

Yeah we've removed the bit from the Star Hero so players don't get confused while GW was down, but it will still work as before (and we'll add that back soon).
    WellyLuga said:

That's a shame about human enemies being badgeless,there won't really be much of a challenge without that. I suppose it does mean my hospital won't be as full!

As @ATLAS-Z said, having badges on the survivors will end up more frustrating than anything - especially for players who are new/unfamiliar with GW.
    Steeboon said:

Hi @Fluxxx, will beta wars be a season Long or just one war?

It’s undecided for now. We’ll run this war and see how it goes :)
    AlexNik said:

Hey. Tell me, please, how will our favorite game choose equipment for the fighters chosen by the system?

Currently, it's a mix of survivor level and stars. Heroes take precedent, and if the heroes have identical priority, it'll choose randomly. I'd like to see a system where you choose your defenders (as would you I'm sure), but one step at a time, let's see how it goes with the new format :)
    Firekid said:

Cheers fluxxx, as en example though, level 27 survivors with a couple of 3 pink. What’s the highest difficulty they will face? Also will we get a sneak peak at what the map looks like or do we have to wait?

Approximately 40
    WellyLugaATLAS-ZTroublemakerSarge_
    I propose to make a non-automatic choice of survivors who are on the defensive. I think that it will be right to make the choice of defenders as well as we choose them to protect the outpost. Then it will be possible to choose survivors and equipment.
    SCBMA
    edited January 15
    > @AlexNik said:
    > I propose to make a non-automatic choice of survivors who are on the defensive. I think that it will be right to make the choice of defenders as well as we choose them to protect the outpost. Then it will be possible to choose survivors and equipment.

Is there anyone who wouldn't pick Carl?

Devil's advocate again here.

I agree with us being able to choose and set up our own defense, but...

Downside is that every other match will be vs Carl and his bruiser squad.

That wouldn't get old at all.
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    tjhookrmaku11SCBMABurmeliinisJaden
    Fluxxx said:

Firekid said:

Yeah we've removed the bit from the Star Hero so players don't get confused while GW was down, but it will still work as before (and we'll add that back soon).
    Correction, it will not work exactly as before. Star hero will not boost your RP, only VP.
    SPC_TORRES
    Thanks for the responses @Fluxxx 40 seems pretty high from memory of some of those sanctuary maps! Will make it even more important to have a balanced team with some lower skilled (worse badges) players and elite players per team. Will rely on those players clearing the early/easier ones quickly for the big guns to go at the end. Hopefully time differences don’t scupper that idea....
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,224
    @ATLAS-Z
    It’s funny that you still think Carl is a good defender, he isn’t. Blanket statements like yours is exactly why I want to be able to choose my own defenders and equipment. If any player gets “credit” for beating my defense I want them to earn it.
    SPC_TORRESJenngATLAS-ZTalamascaBurmeliinisJaden
    edited January 16
    Fluxxx said:

Fluxxx said:

Firekid said:

Correction, it will not work exactly as before. Star hero will not boost your RP, only VP.
    So we will still need to use the star hero to help the guild, but we won't get any benefit as an individual then.
    SCBMA said:

@ATLAS-Z
    It’s funny that you still think Carl is a good defender, he isn’t. Blanket statements like yours is exactly why I want to be able to choose my own defenders and equipment. If any player gets “credit” for beating my defense I want them to earn it.

I'm by no means an expert when it comes to outpost defence but I can't understand how he isn't? His LT is excellent for it. Maybe the fact that he's a shooter but with re-rolls he can be given some annoying traits like revenge/retaliate/CA and he already has IS.
    edited January 16
    *Proceeds to take take the flare gun out of Carl's hands and remove him from leader spot in my OP defense* :lol: In his defense a good proportion of attacks against my OP result in a win for me. Dwight/Negan in lead with Merle and the flaming crossbow pistol in 2nd would be better?

I agree though. I hope that the algorithm that is used favours team and gear choices that are beneficial. My highest pinks would be cannon fodder in a GW battle. Morgan/Glenn are both some of my strongest bruisers but since they won't get to use charge attacks their LT will be useless. I hope that the game prioritizes armour traits like IS and stun resist rather than something with ruthless on it and I would rather my tactical staffs be chosen rather than lucky ones for instance...
    JenngDanski_46SCBMAJaden
    > @SCBMA said:
    > Carl’s leader trait is a percent chance. So if you are okay with “maybe it will work, maybe it won’t” then I can see why you would think he is good. I am an expert at outpost defense and the easiest outposts to beat were those with Carl in charge. Double easy is when a player would equip him with the flare gun. Even if Carl managed to survive and get a shot off he usually couldn’t even bruise my attackers before he was shot dead in the face.
    >
    > I want GW to be both offensive and defensive strategy. I know many of us have invested heavily in our survivor rosters and I don’t want some random formula based on pink stars determining who comes off the bench on my roster.

Without badges, only Carl will allow any paper toon to survive my attacks.

Everyone knows Carl is the best OP leader. I never ever EVER have to play Outposts because Carl and his teammates get me defensive wins about 30 to 40% of the time.

So maybe educate me a little bit? Who's better than Carl and why would anybody else choose them?
    SCBMA
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,224
    All of my highest pinks are also going to be cannon fodder in GW mostly because I am a big fan of the ruthless trait and it will be useless in defense. I will be immediately disadvantaged because my highest pinks will only have 4 usable traits. Couple that with defenders badges not working....most of us have a good combination of complimentary survivor traits working with our badging strategies. You don’t necessarily need iron skin trait if you can make up for that with badges and armor. GW throws all of that hard work out of balance if the game auto selects survivors and equipment for us.

Last GW I was so disgusted that the game kept arming defenders with the RPG that I actually deleted a piece of equipment that I paid real money for. Seriously, who can’t beat a hunter armed with an RPG. 😂

Dwight is by far the best outpost leader paired with the flaming crossbow. You don’t even need to waste reroll tokens changing his traits because they all work as a defender. Ah, the dreaded bullet doge trait is actually useful. Meryl isn’t good for me because my team is always max survivor level so his leader trait doesn’t work.

Still laughing hysterically at the blanket statements, “Everyone knows Carl is the best OP leader”. When the outpost was still competitive and you reached the higher levels of the Master’s tier, Carl was nowhere in sight. Except of course for the newbs who didn’t know better. It was so much fun wiping out the defenders and not even taking a bruise. We didn’t usually get freebies like that, so thank you. 😂
    SPC_TORRESATLAS-Z
    Wow you sound very arrogant @SCBMA but I'm still waiting on that education.

It sounds like you think I'm a noob?

I've easily topped the Master tier in Outpost every time I've tried. It's not hard.

Look forward to your next level Master strategies.

:smile:
    Burmeliinis
  • SpikedSpiked Member Posts: 56
    SCBMA said:

Dwight is by far the best outpost leader paired with the flaming crossbow. You don’t even need to waste reroll tokens changing his traits because they all work as a defender. Ah, the dreaded bullet doge trait is actually useful. Meryl isn’t good for me because my team is always max survivor level so his leader trait doesn’t work.

Umm, I've been to 9999 "enough" to know I am much happier attacking an outpost with Dwight lead than Carl.

I'm going to win regardless but the only chance the defender has of inflicting significant damage is surviving my first attack unstunned and Carl is realistically the only one that makes that happen (along with anti-stun on the armor).

Yes Carl's trait is luck based.. but you can get to 40% lucky pretty easy for your other defenders (and Carl has lucky).. also the flare gun Incendiary is luck based where the crossbow isn't.

Currently my carl has 64% chance of surviving a deadly attack.. plus 20% lucky. 76.8
    Defenders (40% lucky).. 89.6%

add in anti stun, revenge, retaliate and other stuff, some Carl maps can definitely be tougher than other, especially if the RNG isn't rolling your way. Dwight is just dwight. There is a map or two people use him as a secondary defender well (i.e. Carl still leading) but I'm glad to go up against him as a lead.

ATLAS-ZBurmeliinisrukajiakira1
    Oh I see it now.

Dwight is your Master strategy?? That's laughable hahahahaha.

While I agree Dwight has a place on the team, it's definitely NOT as leader.

I don't think I've ever lost a match to a Dwight led team. Even at 9999 influence.

His damage bonus is mostly useless because without badges it's not boosting much. Without badges he can't hurt my Max defense team. The only hope of beating me is to stun me and burn me hoping the fire glitch takes me out. Which is unlikely since all my guys also have Max SR.

The best hope you can have is if Carl's second chance keeps you alive an extra round for your bruiser stun and burn combo to do its thing.

I'm really having a hard time seeing your logic. Please break it down further for this humble noob?

Thanks!
    Spiked