Guild Wars - What's happening

Comments

• WickedspicWickedspic Member Posts: 4
    I signed up to play and for the life of me I couldn’t attack anyone on any map! It was so frustrating that I actually withdrew my spot and luckily someone else replaced me. It looked like they were able to play. WTF
  • magicmagic Member Posts: 186

I signed up to play and for the life of me I couldn’t attack anyone on any map! It was so frustrating that I actually withdrew my spot and luckily someone else replaced me. It looked like they were able to play. WTF

I thought it wasn't possible to withdraw once the battle started?
    I am collecting badge crafting results. If you want to contribute please note down as much about each crafting as you can in the sequence you craft and send it to me. Recipe, effect and bonus condition is especially interesting.
    Discord server to discuss badge crafting: https://discord.gg/PvWYqaQ
    TCBRITO
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 573
    edited January 22
    A couple of thoughts after taking part in day 1.

1) Numerous times the score went 'missing' especially if I restarted the game. It would reappear after a battle. Not a huge deal, but a little frustrating I'd imagine if the scores are tight (as they will be frequently). I'm on Android.
    2) Difficulty level was very spiky. Very, very easy to get pinned in by lv37 metalheads on respawn levels, yet 'higher level' missions without metalheads or respawns were much easier by comparison.
    3) There is a distinct disadvantage for purely European based Guilds where the finish time is middle of the night. Guilds with players who finish in a timezone that is awake will be able to see what they need to do, and take missions that get 'just enough' points to win.

Overall, much less fun than the old version but more in keeping with the rest of the 'play when you can' style of the game.
    psychwolfJenngZetteSCBMAKarajoca
  • Achilles4200Achilles4200 Member Posts: 4
    I'm not recieving VP completion bonuses
    I completed 1-C and 2-C by myself and got 424 VP
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 334

3) There is a distinct disadvantage for purely European based Guilds where the finish time is middle of the night. Guilds with players who finish in a timezone that is awake will be able to see what they need to do, and take missions that get 'just enough' points to win.

THIS! Ending war around 7AM is really crap and in many examples means that the war last not 22 but 14 hours.
    JenngDecompressiondog
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,958
    The other side of the coin is that the war starts at 8:30am which is a pretty convenient time. I'm sure there are players somewhere in the world where it starts at 2am so they miss the first 5-6 hours...
    Clydezdale
  • mirmir Member Posts: 131
    Very few attacks @Fluxxx , for all fights 30 minutes. Total for 8 days 60 minutes of the game. This is of course very small. So same there is no the right on mistake only 20 attacks and only 2 battlefield - this little. Further, the set of points became static from an equal number of attacks. Everything can be calculated on the calculator. You fight in the morning, led 100 attacks, the opponent fights at night, calculates our points and goes to close those missions after which he will gain more than we do. That is, the war turned into step-by-step actions that can be calculated. Skulls are also static, calculated for a maximum of 2 fights is an average of 1500. The war is cool, without conditionality. But you need to add drive. Give the leader the right to add or remove a player at the battle registration. Points are not counted correctly, I have three values after winning: 549/552/562 is for one fight(wrote in support). And so everything is cool, dispel further this direction, it is very necessary for players !! Thanks @Fluxxx
  • TweetyBirdTweetyBird Member Posts: 139
    I managed to get everyone to agree to at least try out guild wars. So far I am being told it is boring, not enough play time, and lacks the excitement of the compressed team play time from the first guild wars.

People are not liking the idea of a guild war that is basically the same as playing alone in the distance or challenge. We just got new maps (which I have to say is a relief).

I was a huge fan of guild wars. This version makes a level playing field between teams, saves your server,, and takes away any excitement of head to head competition. I have people saying that they just won't play again.

I guess the overall consensus is disappointment.
    HershalSCBMASpikedKarajocapsychwolfTCBRITOJenngDecompressiondog
  • J_LawJ_Law Member Posts: 235
    22 hours to play, but can only play a few missions? The number of battles and missions we can play needs to be increased. Plus the glitches. Guild status, not inpressed.
    Open Info Page For All Players In NML
    https://www.facebook.com/Freak.Leader.J/
    Or
    Looking for a guild?
    We are Killing Walkers in the guild "Freaky Nudist"
    Level 65 or higher, Message me!
    Min 10 xs level 🔥(Status - FULL)🔥
    HershalSpikedKarajocaTCBRITODrhoo
  • HershalHershal Member Posts: 10
    > @Pandreq said:
    > Quick question - due to a communication problem, we didn’t get 5 members signed up for the first battle so we are missing out. The question is - those players that are registered, does this count as one of their two days that they can play on? We can’t withdraw now, we are still showing as signed up.

No, it doesn't count as a battle played. It should show 'absent'
  • TweetyBirdTweetyBird Member Posts: 139
    @hershal I am merely reporting my guild's initial reaction to the new guild wars format, feedback requested through the forum. No reason to disagree with one guild's impressions. No one should take one guilds impression as a negative reflection on anyone else.
    ZetteSCBMAJenng
  • blazing_idiot7blazing_idiot7 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 23
    Start mission button won't work?
    Anyone else?
    Deleted and reinstalled the app.
    Still not working. Working fine this morning
    if not enough people sign up for the next battle we should have a chance to fill the roster with people that have already played twice, maybe the hour window between battles
    ClydezdaleDecompressiondog
    it could even be a 10 minute window, a chance to play if nobody else is going to would be great!
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 521
    > @blazing_idiot7 said:
    > Start mission button won't work?
    > Anyone else?
    > Deleted and reinstalled the app.
    > Still not working. Working fine this morning

Check if your number of attacks left is zero (the twin sword icon) at the top row. @blazing_idiot7
  • ClydezdaleClydezdale Member Posts: 5
    I had a member sign up but couldn’t play bcus not enough members signed up. That sign up counted against her. The day shows absent but she still is of a chance to play twice.
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 524

if not enough people sign up for the next battle we should have a chance to fill the roster with people that have already played twice, maybe the hour window between battles

Unfortunately, the team needs to be locked - this is a requirement on the backend side. There have been some suggestions for workarounds, so we'll discuss how this could be addressed.

In case you missed it, there's also a small FAQ thread that answers some questions I've been seeing, make sure to check it out and refer anyone with similar questions to it!
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/42126/guild-wars-beta-faq#latest
    CalamityDecompressiondogromeo
  • CABRONAZO_ARGCABRONAZO_ARG Member Posts: 11
    edited January 25
    > @mir said:
    Everything can be calculated on the calculator. You fight in the morning, led 100 attacks, the opponent fights at night, calculates our points and goes to close those missions after which he will gain more than we do. That is, the war turned into step-by-step actions that can be calculated. <

Lo que estas planteando es que en vez que calcule el otro gremio, quieres calcularlo vos?
    La solución es facil, Usa sabiamente tus 100 ataques dentro de las 22 hs y evita perder y ruega que tu rival no sea tan efectivo como tu gremio.

El formato anterior era muy demandante de tiempo, a este solo le falta mas ataques solamente
  • GhostdanceGhostdance Member Posts: 28
    5 days in and pleasantly surprised with how it’s going.....Guild are working together and communicating well......3 wins and 1 loss but the guild we lost to yesterday (the last of us) have turned up again today as our opponents so something that can be tweaked there I’m sure.....I’m not sure if NG shuffle the objectives of each map after each battle but I hope they do as that will keep everyone on their toes not knowing the perfect team to take in on higher levels.
    Leader of Trinity.
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 573
    edited January 25
    The level of difficulty is soooooo random.

Level 39 kill all walkers? Sure, not a problem.

Lv37 metalheads, find the clue and respawns every turn? GET IN THE SEA.

How many of the former did I find today? None. Bloody loads of metal head respawn maps though.
    NezoRealClareB
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 311
    One 38 was brutal with 2 metals and 2 spikes I made it but barely. The kill them all are super easy hang back with scout and 2 bruiser till over
    DrUnpleasant
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,060
    Metal heads I’m ok with, although had one with 2 fatties and 2 goo with kill 8’walkers. Both goo’s in my face right at the start! That was at level 38. Did my stun resist armour activate, it did not. Was I mauled and defeated in 3 turns. I certainly was!
    Did it next time though 😃
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,958
    There really needs to be a mission description somewhere so I can avoid anything other than a kill all. I think the auto spawn maps could do with a tone down too. 1 space doorway with continuous spawns on either side of it. Great... :lol:
    FirekidRealClareB
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,060
    edited January 25
    I do like the difficultly that not knowing creates, also like the fact that the enemy team also don’t know what they are facing. I would be worried of people checking the description and taking the easy option leaving the harder ones for others....
    DecompressiondogKatz_Killers18
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 311
    Honestly I was fine at all 38s no choke points I could see am I getting different maps