Guild Wars - What's happening

Comments

• AngieDixonAngieDixon Member Posts: 1
    ¿Como hago para jugar si no tengo a nadie en mi clan?
  • magicmagic Member Posts: 197
    Fluxxx said:

Took a look at this. It appears that the player just has very low level survivors, but equipped with high level flat badges which allows them to play really high difficulty missions. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we'll work on figuring something out for this by the next update :)

The problem is that the difficulty is adjusted to your survivor level for both challenge and GW, and that gives an incentiv to not level your survivors. Adjusting the content to possible survivor damage/health seems more reasonable, but that would mean crafting your first badge would increase difficulty a lot. I think the best approach would be to adjust challenge and GW after survivor level, weapon level and badge level, whatever is the highest. So that you have to keep all of them low to be able to keep the difficulty low.

Another solution could be to auto level heroes and survivors for free. That would remove the fact that you should unlock as few heroes as possible, because they give maintenance cost when you level up. But the auto level would again have to be based on certain buildings so that players don't keep specific buildings low to keep the level low.
    I am collecting badge crafting results. If you want to contribute please note down as much about each crafting as you can in the sequence you craft and send it to me. Recipe, effect and bonus condition is especially interesting.
    Discord server to discuss badge crafting: https://discord.gg/PvWYqaQ
    TJCartTCBRITO
  • reekookrreekookr Member Posts: 205
    edited April 7
    Dont fix the low level strategy, its part of the game. ..i just happen to be leveling alt account just for this strategy.. :disappointed:
    Refusing to support pay to win games.
    Strategy game where the best strategy is to buy shortcuts with real money
    TCBRITOrogueDSavelardezPasteliljusticeDrhoo
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 640
    I think it's ultimately a lot of work and sacrifice for a limited benefit. I have seen "regular" players that score almost 900 in GW (i.e. global top 100 challenge players), so it's not a huge difference, and you give up the chance for top scores in the challenge and also face a much harder Distance.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    edited April 7
    ATLAS-Z said:

reinforcing gear should increase BOTH the max level of the gear, as well as the MINIMUM level required to use it.

I agree that this should be the easiest fix for weapon leveling and was surprised that they hadn't done this to begin with when I first returned to the game and saw that they finally implemented it after we had been asking for it years ago (seriously, I have a post from March 2017 detailing it, and I certainly wasn't the first one).

Still doesn't fix the badge issue though. Do they need to implement a level requirement for those too now? I suppose the first minimum could be at whatever level NG expects you to unlock the Craftsman building. And they'd have to determine what they'd want the minimum level for "lvl 2" badges to be. The big hurdle is that no functionality exists for this now, so I imagine it will take a lot more coding to implement this compared to the weapon fix. Plus, NG would likely have to overhaul much of the badge system, add new badge levels and keep them balanced to the overall game mechanics.

There is no way that they'll be
    Fluxxx said:

figuring something out for this by the next update :)

Clearly NG is going to be going for a relatively simple solution so whatever they've discussed that will
    Fluxxx said:

mitigate the issue both with badges and equipment.

sounds like it will be as an adjustment to GW mechanics and not revamping the current weapon and badge system (regardless of any issues they may cause).
    edited April 7
    WellyLuga said:

Why would they need to be refunded? They used a very clever strategy to take advantage of the way a game mode was setup in a beta, emphasis on the word beta. What they did isn't cheating but it exploits the system in a way that gives them a huge advantage they shouldn't have at that level, I guess in a way that NG hadn't planned..

I don't think refunded is necessarily the right word, but an issue would come from them changing the mechanics.

Implementation-wise, what would happen to all those leveled weapons equipped on those low level survivors? Unequipped? Sure, but you can't have a survivor with no gear? So just slap 1star random gears on them and problem solved.

Next, and perhaps the bigger issue, is that they'd be changing the game functionality in a HUGE way which is somewhat of a no-no from a business-consumer relationship standpoint. Can you consider this an exploit? I would, but the fact that NG already previously essentially gave their blessing to this through Fluxxx as @SPC_TORRES mentioned earlier means that they didn't really consider it an exploit.

This is also another reason why I don't think they'll be changing this mechanic in the short term and instead be implementing the fix to GW directly (still doesn't mean that they won't change it in the future, AFTER they've already nerfed this tactic through other means and people won't be pooh-poohing about it).
    romeo
    edited April 7
    magic said:

The problem is that the difficulty is adjusted to your survivor level for both challenge and GW, and that gives an incentiv to not level your survivors. Adjusting the content to possible survivor damage/health seems more reasonable...

I disagree that adjusting content to survivor stats seems more reasonable for the exact reason you laid out in the first part of your quote--it gives an incentive not to level. In a sense that's the problem with increasing a player levels for any game: You need to allow for increased ability without breaking game balance.

One way of doing this is by adding more content. Currently NG has enough content to cover player levels in story mode with is a fixed difficulty. The other fixed difficulty mode, The Distance, is suitable for a likely majority of the player base, but is already lagging behind the "top 1%" given that it's content is refreshed weekly.

The other way is by scaling difficulty to your player which is seen in Challenge and GW. Plenty of games do this, but give varied content to match. In an RPG-type game, if you can defeat a level 1 rat at lvl 1, it feels a lot different than defeating a lvl 70 dragon at lvl 70. If you were simply defeating a lvl 70 rat at level 70, it would lead to boredom because the content doesn't match the progress. Yet that's what the Challenge is, in a sense. They did get smart and decide to fix the beginning level of Challenge at around lvl 22, so a high level player does see an advantage over a low level player. However, for GW this is not the case. It is essentially balanced to the same degree for a lvl 1 player as it is for a lvl 74 player. This is evident by my alt account being able to perform better than about half of the rest of our guild. This alt has level 6 survivors, level 9 weapons with a mix of Epic to Legendary and about half with Razor, and no special weapons. Note that it is not using the exploit at all! Just because it is set to be on a path to "max out" at that level it can essentially outperform much higher leveled players that are still in the process of leveling (i.e. not bothering to fully upgrade equipment because they'll just get a new one soon anyhow). In fact, I would conjecture that if that account had an equivalent amount of special weapons and unlocked heroes/survivors at an equal star level to an end-game player, it would preform at the same level and be able to beat sector 5F, if that end-game player was equipped to do so. That is why putting much higher than equivalent badges/weapons on that low-level account easily breaks the game balance. It is also why GW player balancing needs to be fixed. They should want it somewhat scaled so everyone (at least council level 12) can meaningfully contribute, yet they still need to provide incentive for high level players to progress further than low level players and can NOT adjust the content in too close of a way to player ability.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,012
    Indeed it would @Firekid

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    Firekidromeo
    Firekid said:

Couldn’t GW difficulty. Be scaled to camp level? That would stop most of this nonsense wouldn’t it?

Simple, but effective. Probably one of the solutions NG is looking at so they don't have to mess around with all that coding business.
    Firekid
  • maku11maku11 Member Posts: 60
    Sadly, there are many loopholes in GWS.
    I know some guilds made multiple accounts of level 14 survivor equipped with strong flat badges (Player Level is around 40).
    There are two major advantages.
    1, The level 14 survivors are much stronger than normal even they don’t use many reinforcement tokens.
    2. Lowering guild's average level allow them to play against weaker guilds.
    Pic
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,524
    Well that’s fair enough, if they are the right level with roughly the right level of equipment then it’s the same as what everyone else can get. It’s not
    Like they can have lvl2 flat badges on their survivors or anything and unless they have paid for components then getting many badges is not easy at level 14. If they have paid then they are just wasting money on rewards in the guild shop which they could obviously buy anyway with a lot less hassle.
    romeo
  • DrhooDrhoo Member Posts: 116
    Next GW update:
    27 instead of 25 daggers, all regions are per 3 battles
    Improve rewards in guildshop (Very poor/as in all other events)
    Better balance in guildmatching
    romeo
  • marroba2000marroba2000 Member Posts: 123
    > @AngieDixon said:
    > ¿Como hago para jugar si no tengo a nadie en mi clan?
    >
    No podés. El mínimo es 3 y 3 es derrota segura. Deberías reclutar otros 2 o irte a otro clan. De dónde sos?
    xbamfx
  • linkinpablolinkinpablo Member Posts: 1
    Lo importante es que en las misiones se vayan actualizando las etapas... Seria muy bueno nuevos desafíos.
  • SilverhawkSilverhawk Member Posts: 751
    It’s amusing, that lower level players have found an advantage and are able to kick a little more butt and be effective for their level, and can progress through the game more efficiently.

And how quickly “top” players began to piss and moan and cry “EXPLOIT!”.....

And how quick NG is to respond “we’ll “fix” it then”.....

Also a little embarrassing.
    CrocodileWalkerslayer82WellyLugaTCBRITOKarajoca
  • CrocodileCrocodile Member Posts: 495
    > @Silverhawk said:
    > It’s amusing, that lower level players have found an advantage and are able to kick a little more butt and be effective for their level, and can progress through the game more efficiently.
    >
    > And how quickly “top” players began to piss and moan and cry “EXPLOIT!”.....
    >
    > And how quick NG is to respond “we’ll “fix” it then”.....
    >
    > Also a little embarrassing.

and same time that "top" players say double missions it's ok, it's TACTIC :) fuckin double-talker
    the last standing knight of low lvl
    Karajoca
    @Silverhawk @Crocodile I've not heard much pissing and moaning from the "top players".

Maybe I need to look harder.

Or maybe we have different ideas of what "top players" means.

I'm enjoying this unfair advantage with my junior account a little bit. It's kinda cool. But it IS an unintended loophole.

NGs will address it, and not because of anything the players here have said.

They'll address it because this is a leveling power creep game, and that leveling earns them $$... the loophole discourages leveling.

I'll let you do the math on that.

Cheers!

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Paste
  • Happygilmour11Happygilmour11 Member Posts: 55
    @ATLAS-Z You don't give NG enough credit. I fully believe that they care about the players, and take into account what we all think, especially on this forum.

There are many unhappy with doubling, unbalance Levels, and NG will be looking at how to fix both.

A business will not succeed unless the client is happy. To suggest that they were only fixing it for the money loss is kind of a slap in their face. They work hard to make a great game for all us. You have to respect that.

Cheers!
    PicpsychwolfxbamfxDrhooKarajocaPaste
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,282
    The number 1 issue that needs to be fixed in GW is the amount of RP! Players who engage 40+ maps need more incentive.
    ATLAS-ZpsychwolfPasteNezo
    Boy you like to put words in people's mouth don't you @Happygilmour11 ?

I'm not slapping anyone in the face. It's simple game economy.

Making lots of friends around here running your mouth.

glenlivesPasteDrhoo
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 430
    @ATLAS-Z He made a ton of friends actually, literally made them. Lost track of the amount of 0 post accounts that popped up just to agree with him.
    SilverhawkSCBMAATLAS-ZCrocodilexbamfxDrhooJayZ
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,388
    edited April 24

It’s amusing, that lower level players have found an advantage and are able to kick a little more butt and be effective for their level, and can progress through the game more efficiently.

And how quickly “top” players began to piss and moan and cry “EXPLOIT!”.....

And how quick NG is to respond “we’ll “fix” it then”.....

Also a little embarrassing.

This comment is ridiculous. I haven't seen anyone 'piss and moan', it's just that high level players have put a considerable amount of time into understanding the game mechanics and how the game mode works and can clearly see that this wasn't supposed to happen. NG put in the level adjustments so that lower level and higher level players would be on an EVEN playing field. It is obvious to everyone that using level 17 survivors stacked out with level 30 reinforced weapons was not intended to happen. I imagine a good number of these players have a maxed out account and have created this new one specifically to take advantage of this faux pas by NG. A player who has put the time, effort and (often) money into bringing their survivors up to be as strong as they can should not be at a disadvantage to someone who hasn't.

The fact that you can equip reinforced gear on a much lower level survivor due to it's base level is obviously something NG should have fixed a while ago but due to restrictions with time and resourses has been bumped further down the list of things that need to be addressed until now.
    glenlivesCrocodileTCBRITO
  • KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 171
    edited April 24
    There is one thing at the new GW i dont understand.... as long as we played Silver 1 or 2 we won the most GW. At silver 3 it was more difficult. Next time we are ad Gold1 and the enemies are gerring even stronger, so far so good.
    But one day sooner or later all guilds will be gold 1 or 2 or higher, so the classification in tier doesnt make sense to me.
    Wouldnt it be easier and more interresting to play in in Leagues where you can rise up and fall down? Tat would be much more exciting and fair... at least for weak guilds who are ending up ad gold 1 getting ass kicked all the time!?
  • KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 171
    @Fluxxx
    There is one thing at the new GW i dont understand.... as long as we played Silver 1 or 2 we won the most GW. At silver 3 it was more difficult. Next time we are ad Gold1 and the enemies are gerring even stronger, so far so good.
    But one day sooner or later all guilds will be gold 1 or 2 or higher, so the classification in tier doesnt make sense to me.
    Wouldnt it be easier and more interresting to play in in Leagues where you can rise up and fall down? Tat would be much more exciting and fair... at least for weak guilds who are ending up ad gold 1 getting ass kicked all the time!?
  • CrocodileCrocodile Member Posts: 495
    edited April 25
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > (Quote)
    > This comment is ridiculous. I haven't seen anyone 'piss and moan', it's just that high level players have put a considerable amount of time into understanding the game mechanics and how the game mode works and can clearly see that this wasn't supposed to happen. NG put in the level adjustments so that lower level and higher level players would be on an EVEN playing field. It is obvious to everyone that using level 17 survivors stacked out with level 30 reinforced weapons was not intended to happen. I imagine a good number of these players have a maxed out account and have created this new one specifically to take advantage of this faux pas by NG. A player who has put the time, effort and (often) money into bringing their survivors up to be as strong as they can should not be at a disadvantage to someone who hasn't.
    >
    > The fact that you can equip reinforced gear on a much lower level survivor due to it's base level is obviously something NG should have fixed a while ago but due to restrictions with time and resourses has been bumped further down the list of things that need to be addressed until now.

piss and moan more
    the last standing knight of low lvl
    WellyLugaTCBRITOPasteKarajocaDanski_46JayZ
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 573
    Yes but why. I see why but would cost lots of cash. And once GW is done you cant do much. Not sure how hard it will be for NG to fix. I could not play an account like that. Easiest thing is to make parameters where the new weapon after reinforced can only be on a survivor 3 levels lower then weapon. The original weapon level has nothing to do with it at all. Only reinforced level.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,388
    It should be pretty easy to fix really. It has been suggested that reinforcing gear also increases the base level. These players with level 30 reinforced gear are going to be somewhere around camp level 70 so it could be the GW level is tied to that rather than survivor level. I am sure NG will put it right and the players who spent hundreds of reinforce to take advantage of a loophole in the beta of one game mode will be brought down a notch.
This discussion has been closed.