Am I playing this right?

ZoggyZoggy Member Posts: 59
Background - I am at level 59 and my players are all level 20 and I can upgrade my council to level 20 and then my training grounds to upgrade my players to level 21
I usually try and rush to upgrade my players and get to the next level.

I am trying to figure out if I am rushing things. Is it better to keep my players at a lower level for an extended period of time to upgrade their weapons, armor etc. or should I always push hard to upgrade my players. As my levels get higher I tend to get a little more confused as to what direction is the right direction. Now I know it is different for each individual but is there a common best practice/strategy to use as your levels start to get higher?

Any input is appreciated.

Comments

• echonapechonap Member Posts: 13
    I'm curious as well. I usually try to upgrade council and training grounds as soon as possible. However, since your enemies level up with you, am I at a disadvantage? Should I stay at a level longer until I have enough weapons/armors and all survivors upgraded?
    Xaxen
  • ZoggyZoggy Member Posts: 59
    @echonap I have those same questions
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,834
    edited August 27
    I have players in my guild that take their time and players that mega rush to the endgame, and both sets seem to enjoy themselves. So I say to each their own.

For me, I'm the latter, with my personality and play style, if I was a new player today, at your level, I would find a guild that is active, and contribute a satisfactory amount but without going hard core.

Then I would farm my ass off (use gas boosters) until I was maxed out at level 72.

Save most of your components until after you get to 72

Keep non essential heroes locked until the end

Upgrade minimum gear etc

Then once you've reached nirvana 72, start to craft, upgrade, etc, go nuts

That's me.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    echonapTHCross
    @ATLAS-Z awesome review, thanks for that, make sense. Now if I can only relock my non-essential heroes LOL

Do you find that farming takes so long to get to level 72? Any tips to speed it up?
    > @Zoggy said:
    > @ATLAS-Z awesome review, thanks for that, make sense. Now if I can only relock my non-essential heroes LOL
    >
    > Do you find that farming takes so long to get to level 72? Any tips to speed it up?

Adderal?

Lol.

Do easy scavenge missions instead of hard, with governor leading. Fast as you can without losing your mind.

Psychotic focused determination.

Take advantage of double tomato and jackpot events to scavenge tomatoes.
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    psychwolfechonapTHCrossbigbeano
  • THCrossTHCross Member Posts: 461
    I agree with @ATLAS-Z
    Only on my way to Nirvana I always did hard scavenge (with Gov (once he came out)) and got my first fresh surv bundle when I was at the brink of endgame (then toons lvl 20)

So yeah find your own pace

... Brain fart here...
    Maybe with the new 3.4 update you'll be able to get to Nirvana faster :#

posthuman
    bigbeano
    edited August 28
    > @THCross said:
    > I agree with @ATLAS-Z
    > Only on my way to Nirvana I always did hard scavenge (with Gov (once he came out)) and got my first fresh surv bundle when I was at the brink of endgame (then toons lvl 20)
    >
    > So yeah find your own pace
    >
    > ... Brain fart here...
    > Maybe with the new 3.4 update you'll be able to get to Nirvana faster :#

Hard scavenge is better when you're not on a booster. And of course it depends on your highest pink too. I have 10_star troops which increases missions difficulty to the point where easy is much faster.

Time yourself... If finishing a hard mode mission takes a lot longer than an normal mode mission, then normal mode is what you want when your on a gas booster.

I tend to get through normal missions in a about 30-40 seconds including load times. Gov/scout/Assault.
    THCross
    @ATLAS-Z @THCross thanks for your help with this, sometimes things get muddled and hard to straighten out, much appreciated
    THCross
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 161
    I leveled up fairly quickly.
    - I focused on supplies. I always had a building upgrading 24/7. I always made sure I had enough supplies to start the next building when the current one finished.
    - I only upgraded the small group of survivors that I used a lot.
    - I only re-equipped survivors every 3 rounds or so.

(I took this approach because it became tiresome to constantly worry about finding / upgrading new gear for survivors as they level up. I just wanted to max out asap so that gear lasted a while. With reinforcement tokens, I guess it can last forever.)
    ATLAS-Z
  • DrJankDrJank Member Posts: 6
    I upgraded quite slowly, and for the last year or so have stayed at one level for months upgrading my survivors and gear, then rushed several levels (usually in time for collecting season events). This gives me time prepare for the next level in advance, and in general I can push a bit further in the challenge.

It's probably not the most effective strategy (especially now that you'd want to wait with crafting badges until you can build the level 2 craftsman), but I do think it's more fun than just running scavenge missions all the time.
    ATLAS-Z
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,823
    edited August 29
    The beauty of the game is that you are free to play how you see fit. There is no real right or wrong way. Personally I don't enjoy the transitional period between levels, I want my guys to be as strong as possible and kitted out in the best gear I can find. The main problem I found when levelling up was the time it takes to upgrade gear, at 3 days per item if you want to upgrade a weapon/armour for all 6 classes it takes well over a month to do that. By the time you've found and upgraded it you might have enough supplies to level up again and then you won't really get to spend any time enjoying a fully stocked team.

Reinforcement tokens ease this a little as you can move up a level and then it only takes a day to do each item, obviously depending on how many tokens you have. I would advise skipping a few levels, the gap from 20 to 21 survivors is huge so 20 is a good place to stick at for a while. After that it might be a good idea to just do equipment at 22/24/26 and skip out the others.
    ATLAS-Z
    @WellyLuga Awesome advice, thanks for the heads up about levels 22/24/26 it gives me some time now to plan those levels out before I reach them.
  • magicmagic Member Posts: 134
    edited August 29
    Which heroes will you consider the essential heroes which should be opened up before you reach max level?
    I am collecting badge crafting results. If you want to contribute please note down as much about each crafting as you can in the sequence you craft and send it to me. Recipe, effect and bonus condition is especially interesting.
    Discord server to discuss badge crafting: https://discord.gg/PvWYqaQ
    magic said:

Which heroes will you consider the essential heroes which should be opened up before you reach max level?

These guys. Sasha for The beginner hard Distance.

Gov for farming.

Michonne / bruiser Morgan optional
    WellyLugaADPaq
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,823
    Unfortunately that is true, shame. You can get through the majority of challenge missions with 3 heroes. As mentioned though Sasha is still first in class when it comes to the distance which is arguably one of the most important game modes as it's the best place to find badges.

Michonne is still great when paired with a scout. Bruiser Morgan/Eugene are awesome with a couple re-rolls. It is helpful to have 2 solid assaults to pair with Sasha. Unless you want to be spending plenty gold per challenge using the same 3 heroes you need options.