Seriously?

A fatty on Out in The Open on level 38? What complete moron thought that was a good idea on what is already an insane map? Does ii show up on the screen telling you what to expect? Hell no. Nothing like a big screw you from ng to brighten my day. Here you go, waste your gas. If you dont like it kiss my ass. It's not like your jobs depend on treating your customers fairly.
bigbeanoNezoADPaqSg_DeathDanielBezRiotZappa

Comments

• xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 954
    @dlb I’m guessing the person who programmed it wanted it to be challenging like the name indicates 🤣
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,120
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/40892/misleading-pre-mission-screens#latest

Are they going to do anything about it? Nah. Could program in the preview screen if there will be a tank that round but they ain't got time for that!
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 609
    If I see the tank I flee, no point in trying really, I use Gabe and 2 bruisers on that map.
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 208
    @xbamfx 144k heath on a map that essentially becomes certain death unless you use 2 bruisers and a gate opener(often bruiser 3) or sasha and 2 assaults, neither of which can do a thing against a fatty of that size isn't "challenging." Not even stabby Rick and 2 bruisers can stand up to the turns it takes to get charged, kill the fat pos AND avoid all the lovely spawn. It wasnt so bad at 34 where you can takes some hits to lure it away from the gate area and let the spawn block it's path. It's beyond stupid.
    Karajoca
    yea it’s rough but you can wear stun gear and he doesn’t do jack to a bruiser
    jimmorrison369Mystiquebigbeano
    On that map without a tank ideal armour would be silver health and gold hazard, dodge or similar. Stun resist would be wasted if there's just armoured and normal walkers imo.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,868
    Tanks do very little damage compared to regular and armored, So anti-stun on your bruiser should let you get several hits even when the tank is lvl 40+. Just absorb the hits.
    Mystiquebigbeano
    True, but the issue here is not knowing whether you're going to get a tank or armored, going equipped to deal with a tank is going to leave you open to more damage from normal and armored.
    psychwolfxbamfx
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,868
    I was responding to the part about 144K being hard to kill.
    I agree 144K without a charge-point is not much fun. Especially in that mission.
    You simply don't have time to kill it
    My answer to that is as stated as above.

About not knowing if there will be a fatty. I don't like it either.
    They can remove that "feature" yesterday. If you ask me...

The tank is no surprise though. You should know it is there.
    Even though it isn't shown in your starting screen.

Depending on the RSL of the mission. I would:
    1 - Dress to the occasion
    2 - Gamble the tank won't be there and flee if he is.
    Mystiquebigbeano
    This was 40.2, no tank.

avelardez
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,016
    Level 40 tanks drop like lead balloons with my Rick. Through RGG in there and his traits trigger it all over for that level.
    Danski_46romeoimacharlie
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,583
    I agree that the randomness of it there will be a fatty or not on these .2 maps. It just means it’s not a level playing field. If it was a guaranteed fatty on .2 at least that would be the same for everyone and we could set up our survivors appropriately.
    Danski_46romeoWellyLugavshield50
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,671
    edited September 2
    Firekid said:

I agree that the randomness of it there will be a fatty or not on these .2 maps. It just means it’s not a level playing field. If it was a guaranteed fatty on .2 at least that would be the same for everyone and we could set up our survivors appropriately.

Agree. But then it's mostly there to sap that little bit of extra gold from the players who load up, see tank, flee, pay 25 gold, repeat :lol:. I would rather it just be there every time than having the extra RNG.
    Danski_46Firekidtallinie
    Yep needs to be the same every time either a fatty or armoured.
    Or the maps with nothing but tanks haha 😆 that would be an awesome challenge! Done in less than half a day 😁 Just do it
    B.A.M.F. Challenge
    romeoDanski_46bigbeano
    @xbamfx what you mean hilltop? I loved that map! Was absolutely crazy! Mapset full of hilltops but add in some spikers too!
    xbamfx
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 208
    Turns out if you flee enough the fatty goes away. So I got pawn scouts to work the gate while the bruisers did their job. Bring a pawn, flee, dismiss pawn, new pawn, repeat. 3 or 4 and fatty goes away. Gas dropped everywhere so it wasn't an issue. With a scout you can reach the gate in 2 turns.
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,831
    edited September 5
    So this issue was brought up weeks ago and I see how it is been taken care of in short order....

It is amazing how fast they get things done if there is an issue with the bundle shop but when it comes to a player issue with the game advertising no tanks (when tanks show up) and it affects player satisfaction it goes unresolved for weeks or perhaps months....
    BWilsxbamfx