Explain 80% DR

ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 381
Can someone explain how you arrive at 80% DR , i read many post where people say “ you need 80% DR , or “ if you get 80% DR with 2 badges then add a heath” . I am guessing i am wrong by thinking that you need 2x 40% DR badges to make 80% because there are no 40% badges available right ? Please no graphs & charts because my brain wont process it
Thanks Guys

Comments

• BodBod Member Posts: 110
    I have 2 legendary 1 epic dr badges on my bruiser that adds up to 62% plus gold is 15% on my armour and 16% is trait that's well over 80%
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 512
    When they say 2 badges, I think they mean the iron skin from the toon's trait, weapon tactical, armor iron skin. The two badges need to be high quality and benifiting from type bonus too.

Ideal scenario:

Tactical 15%DR Max
    Armor Iron Skin 15%DR Max
    Toon Iron Skin 20%DR+
    2 x 15%DR from badges

Likely scenario:

Tactical 10%DR
    Armor Iron Skin 15%
    Toon Iron Skin 15%
    3 x badges equalling 40%DR
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    ReeconnechonapRenopwns
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 254
    I don't see why you would do a lot of work to get to 80% DR with just two badges. You can't have more than 3 badges of any type anyway, so it's not like you could put on 4 health badges if you can manage with 2 DR badges.

Where you benefit most of extra slots is on the armor and the survivor traits. If you can manage without Iron Skin on your armor, you could have a Health/Hazard/Dodge armor and as you want Punish, Revenge, Dodge and Luck as traits you need to bin one of those on your Hero Bruisers if you need the Iron Skin trait.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,823
    Getting to 80% with 2 badges is more important for the other classes than it is for bruisers. It means you can load up on DR and health but also have a damage badge or two. For bruisers it isn't as important as it's not like they are going to really benefit from a damage badge. Assaults, warriors and Sasha for instance - if you have iron skin on both survivor and armour it means you can get to max with two 25% badges leaving 4 more spaces for damage and health.

I think the highest possible badge is a 21+5 DR, which is boosted to 30-32% when in set bonus. Obviously these badges are really hard to come by so not realistic. I have a few survivors at 80% with 2 badges. I get Michonne there with 2 badges, IS trait and silver tactical - 2 damage/health/DR. Assaults I get there with 2 badges and IS trait/armour 2 DR, 3 health and 1 damage.
    BurmeliinisReeconnaquila