Badges don’t “grow” with player level

So I just realized this last night. I have many Gold and Blue badges from the early days of badges. At that time, most of my survivors were probably level 20. What I realized is that the badges I am crafting now are much stronger. For example, one of the first gold badges I got was a damage badge worth +502 damage. But I just crafted a Green damage badge that is worth +618.

Was that the intent with badges? You would outgrow them as your survivor level increased?

Comments

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,868
    No, you've upgraded your building.
    It has nothing to do with player level.
    psychwolfJasonZATLAS-ZJenng
  • ZetteZette Member Posts: 307
    Did u upgrade ur craftsman building to lvl 2? If so, that makes better badges.
    jimmorrison369JasonZJenng
  • JasonZJasonZ Member Posts: 18
    Makes sense. Thanks guys.

I assumed the upgraded building meant better percentages to get more gold and blue badges.

It stinks that I am going to dump legendary badges because they aren’t as good as the greens I’m getting now.
    PicZetteJaden
  • magicmagic Member Posts: 30
    Flat value badges isn't too good at higher levels before you upgrade your craftsman building. So you should have tried to craft more of the %-value badges. Recipe have an impact on whether you get flat value or %-value.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,583
    @magic really? Care to share these recipes?
    fretjeATLAS-Z
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,269

**Crosses legs, sips his coffee**
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
  • magicmagic Member Posts: 30
    I would share the recipes if I knew them. I have started to collect sample data, and shares them, but still my samples are too small to know: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/40873/components-used-in-crafting-badges-impact-which-effect-you-get/p1

Here is a post by Fluxxx confirming the impact: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/386950/#Comment_386950
    @magic thanks for posting that. I was following that thread but didn’t see that reply.
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 208
    @Firekid help me out here, hasn't ng repeatedly denied any difference in chances of one badge over the other? Ditto on recipe theory.
    @dlb I too thought that the receipe idea had been debunked but fluxxx clearly states in that thread that it does have a “marginal” effect.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,269
    The marginal effect is that each crafting has 1 - 3 possible badge results, depending on which component you use. The "marginal" part is that the recipe changes with each crafting, and as such you may as well move forward as if there are no recipes.

And least that's what Uncle Bob told me. I trust Uncle Bob.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    dlbromeo
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 208
    Good ol` Uncle Bob. Give him a few beers and he'll solve all of life's mysteries
    ATLAS-Zromeo