The end of a journey

Well everyone, I think the time has finally come. I downloaded the game on Day 1 and have been playing daily for 4 years. The game has had its ups and downs, but it's been a reliable source of fun and boredom-relief for almost half a decade(!!) -- but now I think I've gone about as far as I can go, and it's time for me to move on. As evidenced below in the screen shots, I have just completed Hard Distance for the first time ever, and at the same time I have just gotten my 6th 10* survivor, giving me one in every class. This was always my personal "Endgame". It's taken years of grinding, but I did it. What a journey.

I'm going to miss the game and this community, as it's been a huge part of my life and daily routine for 4 years. It's been a source of comfort when I've been down or upset, something I know I'm good at which gave me a focus at times when things seemed horrible and chaotic in my life. It's also gotten me into plenty of trouble with family and friends as they wonder what the hell I'm doing on my phone so much. Not sure what I'm going to do with the hours and hours of free time I'll have in lieu of playing the game! Like I said, a void will be left, but I'm thankful for the experience.

I'll probably check in on the forum every now and again, and since the progress is saved via Google, even once I uninstall I can always pick up where I left off if something really cool comes along...just probably not at the super-addicted level I've been at for all this time.

Thanks again to all the admins and the players who have made this game great and provided much-needed entertainment and advice. NML will always have a special place in my heart.

~General Quatre
Danski_46TeenahGeeDeathwish19GovernatorFirekidShadowWalkerbigbeanomimicaMrLuckyBuckzzDbl_Edge_DEPromeoZettetabernaczeekdogden4playwrinkled_bagJenngJadenTHCrossAndreaSg_DeathWhoareyoucapibaraTheCrabJayZCronusSPC_TORRESflyingcowkingFahqbendovereuchidjimmydawiseATLAS-ZBWilsCarl_s_HatTripodDrhoo

Comments

• Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 609
    Farewell and stay safe out there 👍
    SPC_TORRESJenngJaden
  • KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 59
    You must really like that bullet dodge :D
    Stay safe !
    JenngSPC_TORRESjimmydawise
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,996
    I just finished Hard Distance for the first time last week. I don't have any 5 pink star survivors yet though (although I have two 4 pink survivors). Does this mean that I am in the Endgame?

I do logon every day, but I find that my active play is limited to Distance on Monday, and challenge on Wednesday and Thursday. I always finish the challenge by Friday morning at the latest, so play is minimal on Tuesday and the weekends. I'm finding that this is a reasonable balance. I certainly can't (and don't want to) do a ton of scavenger missions every day to keep things up. It's just not compelling and feels like a chore. My current involvement is at an acceptable level.

Good luck, General_Quatre! You will be missed!
    JenngSPC_TORRESGeneral_Quatrebigbeano
  • euchideuchid Member Posts: 147
    174 reroll tokens, hello? Please gamble them on morgan
    and one word to hard distance: flee is the key.
    General_QuatreZetteignasTransmuteJun
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,269
    edited September 12
    > @JayZ said:
    > (Quote)
    > The "endgame" really differs by person.

To me, the endgame refers to that point at which you have upgraded everything and you've reached Max player level (72 currently) and you can begin focusing on strategy/gear/survivor/tactics/etc rather than just outfitting the few guys you need to reach the next level.

In a nutshell, The endgame means you no longer care about tomatoes, and you can finally really, I'm mean REALLY care about everything else that makes the game actually fun.

It's a whole different game, the end game.

Cheers General!
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    SPC_TORRESTroublemakerTeamDeadDeathwish19