How do you get a bruiser to stun higher level walkers?

I had some XP to burn on equipment upgrades and decided to poke around the forums looking for ways to get my bruisers to be able to stun higher level walkers more readily. I learned that critical chance doesn't help & that luck doesn't help the razor trait either. So I got that going for me now!

I did see a couple videos of a couple of NML gods dominating walkers with their bruisers but I don't know what their secrets were:

@WellyLuga

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/380568/#Comment_380568

@avelardez

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/350127/#Comment_350127

What are you guys using here to get almost constant stuns? Were you just using gold razor and lots of luck (the finger crossing kind and not the actual game trait kind)?? Is there anything else that can increase the chance to stun when the walkers are crazy high level?
avelardez

Comments

• psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,204
    Gold razor is the only thing. It helps to have pink stars but that only takes you so far. I find walkers stun more often if you let them walk into your bruiser during overwatch. It's marginal though. Someimes I play at normal game speed at higher levels. Not sure if it's an illusion but I tend to find they stun more often like that.
    justinc222Mad_Mike
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,922
    Razor is the only way.

However, having retaliate and punish will give 3 opportunities of 45% chance. This wil give a solid 83% to stun at least once on them.

Ad another bruiser with punish (5hits) and there will be a 95% chance to stun a single walker.

Also remember, a charge attack will guarantee a non-body shot. So unless your opponent has anti-stun, it will be 100% stun.
    justinc222
  • justinc222justinc222 Member Posts: 46
    ok cool. I actually didn't think about how it really could be 3 attempts too (once you include retaliate & punish). Thanks for the info, you two!!
  • ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 348
    edited September 14
    I thought Morgans Staff was a 100% guaranteed stun ( non charge attack )
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 741
    Reeconn said:

I thought Morgans Staff was a 100% guaranteed stun ( non charge attack )

No, definitely not. 45% chance of Stun with Gold Razor on a non-charged attack.
    Reeconn
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,043
    edited September 15
    These weapons will stun high level walkers. I advise you to buy the Morgan Staff that I posted. If not find a weapon with those traits. Best thing since sliced bread.
    justinc222
    Sample

justinc222ambience
    Awesome thanks, @avelardez !
  • scoonersscooners Member Posts: 53
    Just gotta say thanks to the bruiser aficionados: I would never have thought that they were so valuable until reading these forums. Thanks for sharing!
  • GothgulGothgul Member Posts: 84
    If luck does not help razor, does it help a bruiser to stun otherwise? I think the mechanic is body shots cant stun, so razor is critical, does that mean luck just increases chance for 2 round stun if not a body shot, and other normal luck things?
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 473
    Nope. Stun is either normal attack or critical attack. You're correct tho, body shots can not stun. Lucky does improve chances of concussion activating. Players tend to lean on lucky to improve the LTs of Sasha, Morgan, Eugene and RGG mainly I've found.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 473
    WellyLuga said:

Nothing to add really, everyone has it covered.

The thing to bear in mind is that the videos you see are generally where things work out well. No one uploads the vids where razor never works and your survivors get mauled :lol:

I feel like a clown, I just thought higher ups were stunning often due to pink stars alone. However the rng in the upload must be favourable generally?
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    This is stun

ATLAS-Zjustinc222
    edited September 16
    oh wow pairing Daryl's trait with those big stunning bruisers is a great tactic that I hadn't even thought of yet. Now I realllllly need some gold razoring after seeing these!! Thanks!
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,746
    Gothgul said:

If luck does not help razor, does it help a bruiser to stun otherwise? I think the mechanic is body shots cant stun, so razor is critical, does that mean luck just increases chance for 2 round stun if not a body shot, and other normal luck things?

As mentioned, lucky helps concussion trigger more often. This is important to me as if razor does trigger then it is important that you get a 2 turn stun, that way you're free to attack another walker or open a crate/gate on the next turn without worrying about it.

WellyLuga said:

Nothing to add really, everyone has it covered.

The thing to bear in mind is that the videos you see are generally where things work out well. No one uploads the vids where razor never works and your survivors get mauled :lol:

I feel like a clown, I just thought higher ups were stunning often due to pink stars alone. However the rng in the upload must be favourable generally?
    Haha nope, from RSL 36+ a 10* level 26 is 100% body shot and no more likely to stun than a legendary survivor.
    Dbl_Edge_DEP