3.4 Game Update Video Discussion

OK no post yet so lets get the ball rolling. Awesome video @Fluxxx. Challenge grind reduction great...thanks to Atlas for the suggestion. Badge management rework GREAT. Alpha as a HUNTER? Unless she takes up guns in 10A this is a very bad selection of class for a Whisper.
13 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
New entry level Boot Camp Chat
Our top 2 Global Guilds form a team of 40 Top 20 in Elite & Bottom 20 in Recon
Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

romeoFerocityDanski_46ATLAS-ZShadowWalkeranthony172BurmeliinisSPC_TORRESDbl_Edge_DEPDelgadoTCBRITOMacVKyrusflyingcowking

Comments

• BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 248
    Not so stoked about Alpha. She sounds like Sasha on steroids so it’s just a switch from one hero to another.

And how does their traits work together, would they have 2 rolls if both were in a mission?

Also, did I miss it or are there not any new ranged traits in the update? The only new trait is Alpha’s hero trait?
    romeoMacV
  • magicmagic Member Posts: 118
    I don't think we can conclude on the class yet, he said something about the video not showing the actual class I think.

Nothing in the video about how to reduce low level grinding to get to the highest level, hope that will be made easier too.

Waiting for the release date for the update.
    I am collecting badge crafting results. If you want to contribute please note down as much about each crafting as you can in the sequence you craft and send it to me. Recipe, effect and bonus condition is especially interesting.
    Discord server to discuss badge crafting: https://discord.gg/PvWYqaQ
  • johnacudajohnacuda Member Posts: 96

Not so stoked about Alpha. She sounds like Sasha on steroids so it’s just a switch from one hero to another.

And how does their traits work together, would they have 2 rolls if both were in a mission?

Also, did I miss it or are there not any new ranged traits in the update? The only new trait is Alpha’s hero trait?

Looked like there were 2 new traits, the circle with a star at 2 and 8 oclock, then the runner with a hole in his/her chest? No idea as to function?
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 488
    @magic near the end he said new gear and survivor traits coming.
    13 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    New entry level Boot Camp Chat
    Our top 2 Global Guilds form a team of 40 Top 20 in Elite & Bottom 20 in Recon
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

imacharlie
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,824
    Alpha has her shotgun so maybe queuing up the weapon we’ve be asking for making a shotgun for the hunter class. The end of the video did mention new traits which I guess we will find out when the full update notes are released later this week.
    ShadowWalkerATLAS-Zimacharlie
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 272
    edited September 17
    Alpha does have a shotgun, so maybe that means we will get a new shotgun weapon (fingers crossed), but I agree Whisperers seem more like melee units.

I am a little disappointed that her ability doesn't have something to do with moving around walkers, but I guess Drive by Daryl kind of takes care of that. Her ability looks pretty awesome though, and it's nice to a see an actual new hero.

Beat me to it @Firekid lol
    FirekidDeathwish19bigbeanoimacharlie
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 204
    For fall campaign I would think they would switch alpha and weapon for reward. How many tokens do we get from 3000 for getting alpha. I might not need to do reset. Only did it for weapons.
    Here are the new trait images. Not much to be gleaned from them?
    romeoDanski_46Nezo
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 491
    Firstly @ATLAS-Z you're the lyrical badman of the day for the suggestion.
    Secondly... @Billbam agreed. Why is Alpha a hunter (this is confirmed via video in game footage).
    Turd, We already have a shotgun (Greene Rifle), it's not a game breaker is all.
    Fort.... Nite : There is no way in heck that this isn't OG Daryl 2.0, increased crits is not doing much new. The reduced body shot part however... You had me at hello.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    romeoATLAS-ZMacVbiter370
  • doveydovey Member Posts: 17
    The one on the right looks like it might be a hunter trait that would be more deadly to freemen.
    romeoShadowWalkerbiter370
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 197
    edited September 17
    Was hoping for some sort of % “head shot” Trait that’s an automatic kill shot. Would probably be too OP though at high levels.

Or “leg shot”
    romeoimacharlie
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,717

I can't wrap my mind around what the star trait could be? I'm trying to keep my expectations low..... But.....??????? Aaaaahhhhh lol
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    SPC_TORRESimacharliemir
    edited September 17
    ...can’t figure out how to delete? Lol double post
    edited September 17
    Stars. We get an x% chance of gaining @atlas-z weekly challenge stars.
    ATLAS-Zromeo
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,717
    Oooooohhhh Fluxxx did mention before that there was a new "effect" as in Burn/Stun...

So maybe that left trait is.... CONFUSION??

Do we get to see walkers attacking each other? That would be dope.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    ShadowWalkerimacharlieromeoDbl_Edge_DEP
  • johnacudajohnacuda Member Posts: 96
    Cronus said:

Firekid said:

Here are the new trait images. Not much to be gleaned from them?

I have some inside info on these.

The one on the left is the "You Can Be A Star" trait. Your survivor will compete in a dance off with a walker to see if you live, die or take some damage. I'm told the animation is incredible. This was inspired by the dancing walker from The Distance map load screen.

The one on the right is the "Liquid Metal" trait. Your survivor will have X% chance to heal from any bullet wound. You know, like in Terminator 2?

Twd NML2 - Zombie Boogaloo?
    Cronusromeo
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,989
    It'll be soooo gooood yes yes yeeeees
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,071
    edited September 17
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 155
    The swirling star trait looks like what hovers over the heads of stunned walkers.

I was hoping for a ranged trait that made body shots less likely; but I don't see how a shot to the heart could relate to that. Hopefully it's not a trait that is targeted towards humans.
    imacharlie
    Also the question is, will alphas trait stack with piercing? So gold piercing 30% plus alpha leader trait 20%(guessing here hopefully more! ) means 50% chance of non bodyshot?
    Burmeliinisbiter370imacharlie
    Oooh could the stars be rubber bullets? Chance to stun walkers from normal range shots?
    imacharlieAchillesV
    edited September 17
    Oh like @Grendel’s idea too!
    MudMoccasin
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 155
    I noticed the Gas cost of the master level was 8. That will help.
    MacVimacharlieSgtSalami