GUILD related improvements

FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 104
edited September 28 in Suggestions & Ideas
1. Would be great to increase the number of posts in the guild chat history.
As far as I understand, current history limit is 50 posts and after new posts override the oldest ones in FIFO.
With a lots of chatty guild mates, who don't use other apps or forum - that would be a great improvement to increase guild chat history to at least 500 posts.

2. Increase comment character limit. What is current limit per post - 200 characters or so? Would be great to increase it for pasting longer comments.

3. Introduce the ability to copy text from the body of guild chat. This would be amazing for sharing some essential links to forums, etc. Because currently the only way is off-game apps, which is not suitable for everyone.

4. Would be great to introduce redundancy checks on the guild names when creating a new guild. Currently, anyone can create a number of guilds with identical name. Just curious to know the logic of this being allowed (anyone can answer? I'm really curious).

5. Guild Search. Currently, while searching to join the guild the result shows only 15 guilds with the search criteria in the name, case insensitive. Would be great to introduce the option of case sensitivity and pagination to full results of the search (15 per page or similar) or "lazy loading" for more precise and complete results.

6. Add ability to address (reply to) specific guild member in guild chat (i.e. "@foo" highlighted or similar). And optional push notifications to players who are being replied to but are offline.

7. Adding some sort of in-game FAQ or clickable information that pops out about guild ranks, responsibilities, abilities of Elder, Leader for new players could be resourceful.

8. Ability to view other guilds while being in the guild. I know, there's a Leaderboard, but it's limited to 51 for "top guilds" and "top players" and to 101 for "Challenge".

9. Would be great to see the exact rankings place of the guild if it's not in top 50 (i.e not '51. *Name*' but '*exact rankings number*. *Name* after top 50 [or top 100 for Challenge]).

EDIT:
10. @MrLucky [quote]: "Add more titles i.e. Sargent at Arms, Co Leader, as well as Elder. Only the very top leaders can kick members out, but pluses for promoting active mates. Private chat within the leadership so as not to call out others publicly." [end quote]

11. Add in-game ability to search players by username, view their basic info (lvl, stars, etc.) and PM them (i.e. request to send message).

12. Add guild creation date to guild info (public, private), ability for Leader to toggle on & off whether to publicly show this info.
Founder and Leader of the original TWD Guild established in 2015.
Join us: cutt.ly/TWD-guild
MrLuckymirFahqbendover

Comments

• KratosKratos Member Posts: 294
    Agree with several of those....

#6 I would rather not get push notifications BUT would love to be able to PM guild members.
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
    FuriousMoldovanMrLucky
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 104
    Kratos said:

Agree with several of those....

#6 I would rather not get push notifications BUT would love to be able to PM guild members.

The keyword is optional, the one you can toggle 'on' and 'off'. Otherwise, I wouldn't want to get these notifications all the time either :)

Do you have any info on #4?
    MrLucky
    @Fluxxx could you please provide an answer to #4 from my original post if possible?
    Thanks!
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 313
    It probably would've made sense to have, but at this point we've got a lot of guilds the share names, so it would be very troublesome
    FuriousMoldovanMrLucky
    @Fluxxx it definitely would've :) currently creates plenty of confusion during recruiting process (flaws in display of search query results).
    Thanks for answering!
  • MrLuckyMrLucky Member Posts: 358
    10. Add more titles i.e. Sargent at Arms, Co Leader, as well as Elder. Only the very top leaders can kick members out, but pluses for promoting active mates. Private chat within the leadership so as not to call out others publicly.
    @Fluxxx ?
    FuriousMoldovan
    11. Add in-game ability to search players by username, view their basic info (lvl, stars, etc.) and PM them (i.e. request to send message).

12. Add guild creation date to guild info (public & private), maybe ability for Leader to toggle on & off whether to publicly show this info.
    MrLucky
  • Huricane444Huricane444 Member Posts: 147
    > @FuriousMoldovan said:
    > 11. Add in-game ability to search players by username, view their basic info (lvl, stars, etc.) and PM them (i.e. request to send message).
    >
    > 12. Add guild creation date to guild info (public & private), maybe ability for Leader to toggle on & off whether to publicly show this info.

I would't do any PM, there is some games where some one can pm you, hackers start phishing attacks and steal accounts! Send some fake websites where they sell cheaper bundles, sell top accounts and etc..
    FuriousMoldovanMrLucky
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,528
    Regarding the mini in game chat and it's shortcomings I pasted this:

If you look at most of the popular chat apps they can be quite large, and if they also allow image, video, etc file sharing those things also can further burden servers and devices etc. Point being, if the game tries to enable every feature that chat apps allow, it could negatively impact the the gaming aspect of the NML app. That said, I think they could make some small improvements, allowing say, 100 lines of text instead of 50 shouldn't be too much of a burden. And basic emoticons shouldn't either. But photos, screenshots, etc I think you should save for external apps, such as LINE, GroupMe, or FB messenger
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    MrLucky
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 313
    It's hard for me to say anything on these, as you know we're focusing on GW which is a big task for the programmers. Any of these changes also requires work and time from them.
    Titles/ranks are in consideration for sure, I just can't say when that would happen yet. I'd like an improved guild chat but again, it all depends on the time that we have vs other features that we decide to bring in. "New" features such as the player search and displaying guild information are unlikely to happen anytime soon.
    FuriousMoldovanMrLuckybigbeanoFahqbendover
    @Fluxxx of course, everything requires time.
    I'd like to help for free depending on programming languages you use and if you accept open sourcing :) Some of these changes are not extremely time consuming.
    MrLuckymir
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 272
    edited October 1
    In-game chat is, already, a 'bonus', in my opinion. Follow my thinking a second:
    - Before Guild Wars, there was essentially NO reason to chat at all. I'm talking about your basic 20-person guild, not a mega-guild that at a minimum has to tell folks where they're promoted or relegated (in the 'stack' of sub-guilds comprising the mega-guild).
    - After Guild Wars, chat became CRITICAL, for... let's call them 'casual'... teams. Without a very solid plan of coordination, you could not maximize points and rewards unless folks could check chat for the next target sector/mission for the group.
    - BUT... by that point, chat was being used so much for 'noise' like cheerleading or bitching and moaning that key direction would be lost int he shuffle.

SO... my point, for this thread, is that the ONE improvement to chat that I would like to see is War Chat: a channel that is visible from the GW map (in a bubble somewhere) and that only one designated 'General' can chat into during an active battle. Regular chat can remain noise and cheering and such. War Chat is only for critical directives by a designated leader during a battle.

I leave it as an exercise for the reader how a guild would designate the General for a battle. Vote systems are pretty trivial to code. :wink:
    MrLuckybigbeano