CRITICAL CHANCE ~ REMASTERED

ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,528
edited September 19 in Suggestions & Ideas
Right now scoring a body shot on an enemy means 00.0% critical hit chance, even if you have 3 crit chance badges, accuracy trait weapons, and lucky maxed out the ass.

So normally...
Critical hit = x1.5 damage

If body shot that instead is...
Body shot/Critical hit negated = x0.5 damage

I propose to make it work more like Dodge?

If Dodge activates during a critical hit, instead of dodging, you take "normal" damage.

Why not make it the same for Crit chance?

If Critical Hit + Body Shot then....

Drum roll....

NORMAL DAMAGE????

This might at least give crit chance some respect in the game. It certainly would for me.

@Fluxxx @Shteevie

EDIT TO ADD - Body shot dependant mechanics, such as Sasha leader trait, should still register as a "body shot" for mechanic purposes, even if a critical hit had turned that shot into a normal amount of damage.
Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
EMAIL US --> [email protected]
tabernacShadowWalkerromeopsychwolfShayHaJack_SladeTCBRITOArtminiusdanny_sulcaTroublemakermagic

Comments

• romeoromeo Member Posts: 608
    It should be like that from the beginning.
    This RNG thing is just not right
    Good idea
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,528
    Edit to add (body shot dependant mechanics)
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
  • Bigwil11Bigwil11 Member Posts: 8
    Sounds good to me.. And i think my shooters and hunters also would be happy. they are being used again then. It's just sad to see all that pink stars sitting on the bench
  • ShayHaShayHa Member Posts: 225
    Sounds good, might give meaning to these badges that I barely use.
  • Jack_SladeJack_Slade Member Posts: 13
    What? It hasn’t been like that?
    Damn, this „bug“ needs to be fixed soon.
    Thx Atlas for your contribution!
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 473
    I think that whenever we speak unfavourably of CC, it goes ignored by NG. Increasing the chance of crits on non body shots is gr8 and all, but those slots I would rather reserve for other badge types. @ATLAS-Z your method would have heroes like Gabe, Carol, Daryl and Alpha having more use. I'm for that.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    ATLAS-ZArtminius
  • danny_sulcadanny_sulca Member Posts: 31
    Agree 👍
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,956
    Probably impossible or too risky to implement without breaking the whole code/game.

That's because bodyshot and critical chance are both rolled separately. Would they be able to merge those 2? Probably not.
    psychwolf
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,207
    Great idea!
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • magicmagic Member Posts: 68
    Something should be done with critical hits at least. With the introduction of critical aim critical chance could be given more chances to trigger. Body shots could reduce the chance for critical hits with 50%, that way critical chance would not be insignificant.