Harpoon game play

Just ran the Harpoon in a couple of scavenger missions and I have a real issue with the way it works. Normal attacks work like a standard rifle, line em up and damage a row, however on a charged attack it ONLY hits the target walker even if he is 2 or 3 deep in a row. Why does it only target the one walker like a shooter weapon, at minimum it should do normal damage to the non-target walkers in the line.
15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
Entry level Boot Camp & 6DR Transition Chat
Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

BWilsGrendelShadowWalkerFirekidMystiqueMFJigsawpsychwolfTripodTCBRITODanski_46romeoJadenKyrusvshield50mirMrLuckybiter370

Comments

• BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 941
    I have not played it high enough to actually get a root...keeps killing. My assumption is it damages and roots.
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats

ShadowWalkerimacharlie
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,559
    Ooooh that’s shit! Yeah I get that you can root a fatty with with but man that’s some trade off!! I assumed that it would work like a charge attack for hunter and root the target you chose! Does it even damage the walker you’ve rooted @Billbam
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,119
    > @Firekid said:
    > Ooooh that’s shit! Yeah I get that you can root a fatty with with but man that’s some trade off!! I assumed that it would work like a charge attack for hunter and root the target you chose! Does it even damage the walker you’ve rooted @Billbam

Yes it does

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    jimmorrison369
    Ok. That’s one thing... guaranteed critical I hope....
    I mean how many times have I taken a hunter into a mission and thought, I wish they’d didn’t have a charge attack and instead could just stop that fatty moving for 1 turn......
    Pic
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,051
    The harpoon does more damage, charges faster and Roots single targets.

Losing out on multiple hits on the charge attack is a price to pay.
    Danski_46tjhookrJadenPic
    Yeah I agree, time will tell if the price is worth the reward.

So far every charge hit is a critical.

I'm using an unbadged Hunter on hard scavenge.

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
  • KriegKrieg Member Posts: 266
    I reckon that it should damage all enemies in front of the target (ones it passes through in a straight line) but not any behind the target - even if they are within the normal hunter range. Seems reasonable to do that, but as I don't have harpoon-tang (and prob never will) I couldn't guess if this would keep it balanced.
    Elder LegionOfDoom
    ATLAS-ZTCBRITOGradyADPaq
    > @Krieg said:
    > I reckon that it should damage all enemies in front of the target (ones it passes through in a straight line) but not any behind the target - even if they are within the normal hunter range. Seems reasonable to do that, but as I don't have harpoon-tang (and prob never will) I couldn't guess if this would keep it balanced.

I like that, fits the model nicely.

• DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 713
    hoping the 2 charge points helps... somehow. the 'root' is a cool idea.
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 597
    When the walker is rooted, does it Attack if we run past it?
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,125
    > @Steeboon said:
    > When the walker is rooted, does it Attack if we run past it?

I I know it can attack when you stand next to it while rooted but I haven't tried running past yet.
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 597
    Thanks @bladgier
    In that case, I guess probably yes too.
    Mojaku
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 941
    It's only right!

psychwolfMrLucky
  • FahqbendoverFahqbendover Member Posts: 424
    Rooting one is pretty pointless in my opinion so it’s a no from me
    psychwolf
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 663
    I guess it can be pretty useful on those final missions of the Distance, for example against Spiky walkers.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    GrendelSg_Death
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 492
    edited October 2019
    All I can say about the harpoon gameplay: I didn't buy it using real $$. Gimme a way to get ahold of it with earned, in-game currency of some kind and I'll have more feedback. But I've got FAR more reliable ways to stun already; adding a 'hunter stun' is just a cute option. Especially if it isn't silent... but, that said, having a fully ranged team with all silent weapons--without doubling up on bow or pickles--would be SWEET! (so get to that, NG, be it with a harpoon tweak or another ranged goodie).
    ATLAS-Z
    edited October 2019
    > @jimmorrison369 said:
    > Silent charge attack sounds reasonable

Lol no no,

At minimum normal attacks silent, a silent only charge wouldn't help much

Edit... Unless you exclusively paired with Rick.

Danski_46