critical aim trait

13»

Comments

• BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 573
    edited September 2019
    Grendel said:

My Sasha does 8771 in damage with marksman lvl 5 (15%), which amounts to 635 in damage, which again amounts to a 13% damage badge. So it compares to an extra green damage badge.

I don't quite follow the math. For 635 bonus damage from 15% Marksman, the base weapon damage would be 4233? I'm not sure what hunter weapon that would be. For a standard L29 that does 3322, 15% would be 498.

I don't think we can use 8771, because that number may already include boosts from damage badges and lethal.
    NG's damage calculations are not very straight forward. The thing is that damage badges also add to the marksman damage.

So my Sasha, lvl 26 with flaming crossbow at lvl 28.

Sasha base damage 2573 + weapon 2794 * 1,15 (marksman) = 5786 * badges 51,6% = 8771
    Without marksman 2573 + 2794 = 5367 * 1,516 = 8136
    So marksman adds 635

The calculation will give quite different results based on level, weapon, team and badges, so it's quite hard to give any general answers about its effect.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    Grendeljimmorrison369romeo
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 290

Grendel said:

My Sasha does 8771 in damage with marksman lvl 5 (15%), which amounts to 635 in damage, which again amounts to a 13% damage badge. So it compares to an extra green damage badge.

I don't quite follow the math. For 635 bonus damage from 15% Marksman, the base weapon damage would be 4233? I'm not sure what hunter weapon that would be. For a standard L29 that does 3322, 15% would be 498.

I don't think we can use 8771, because that number may already include boosts from damage badges and lethal.
    NG's damage calculations are not very straight forward. The thing is that damage badges also add to the marksman damage.

So my Sasha, lvl 26 with flaming crossbow at lvl 28.

Sasha base damage 2573 + weapon 2794 * 1,15 (marksman) = 5786 * badges 51,6% = 8771
    Without marksman 2573 + 2794 = 5367 * 1,516 = 8136
    So marksman adds 635

The calculation will give quite different results based on level, weapon, team and badges, so it's quite hard to give any general answers about its effect.
    I see what you are saying. The marksman bonus is applied, then the badge damage boost is applied to the total, which amplifies the effect of the marksman bonus. But I think we are still talking about a damage boost that is the equivalent of a 1* badge in the vast majority of cases.
    jimmorrison369
  • RohlikzauchemRohlikzauchem Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2019
    Iv been messing with badges today. Is there a chance that flat dmg from badges is added to survivor, then % badges are calculated from the whole value (survivorbase+weapon+flatbadge)*badge% im not good at math, but numbers were definitely not correct. That could lead to better values when mixing flat + percent badges

Edit: wth is with my post, that big grey squere is not supposed to be there
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,425
    @Rohlikzauchem as far as I understand it. Flat badges mixed with % will give you a better damage number but reduce your critical damage quite a bit.
    jimmorrison369
    Somewhere on the forum was told that %CD badges apply on damage without badges, that would mean 50%CD from badges is counted as (survivorbase+weapon) * (150%+standart critical value)
    Yes, % badges are also counted on flat damage badges. So if you have 50% badges and a flat damage badge of 500, it will add 750 to your total damage.

So, still using my Sasha example above. So if I chance a % damage badge to a flat damage badge doing 1000 in damage, I get to the same 8771 with only 29% in damage badges (instead of 52%). However, my critical charge damage drops to 26113 instead of 29172 with only % badges.

So overall I would say it's more balanced now with flat vs % badges than maybe people realize.
    > @Burmeliinis said:
    > Yes, % badges are also counted on flat damage badges. So if you have 50% badges and a flat damage badge of 500, it will add 750 to your total damage.
    >
    > So, still using my Sasha example above. So if I chance a % damage badge to a flat damage badge doing 1000 in damage, I get to the same 8771 with only 29% in damage badges (instead of 52%). However, my critical charge damage drops to 26113 instead of 29172 with only % badges.
    >
    > So overall I would say it's more balanced now with flat vs % badges than maybe people realize.

Thanks for response, could you provide formula, what you used on your example?
    edited September 2019
    So the charge damage formula is basically

( Base dmg * Jesus/Abe boost + Weapon dmg * marksman & lethal ) * (critical dmg 50% + critical % badges + destructive + scout boost ) * ( ruthless ) * ( charging & stabby rick boost) + flat dmg badges + flat crit dmg badges) * (% dmg badges)

Edit: Assuming you are doing a critical hit
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,910
    > @Burmeliinis said:
    > So the charge damage formula is basically
    >
    > ( Base dmg * Jesus/Abe boost + Weapon dmg * marksman & lethal ) * (critical dmg 50% + critical % badges + destructive + scout boost ) * ( ruthless ) * ( charging & stabby rick boost) + flat dmg badges + flat crit dmg badges) * (% dmg badges)
    >
    > Edit: Assuming you are doing a critical hit

Abe trait says Total damage, but I've never tested to see if it's true

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    Yeah that is an incorrect description, same for Jesus.
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,409
    We kinda went way of topic in this thread but my initial thought mirrors most other ppl in this thread not a top 5 trait although I'm rethinking my markman as a top 5 now
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    Grady