Master Mission - Feedback

ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,528
Since forever, there have been people who hate the having to play hundred of missions in order to reach a difficulty they find fun and interesting. It doesn't matter what level you are, end game or not, some people at whatever level don't want those easy missions, they find them monotonous and a "grind".

Let's call these guys, HARDCORE

And since forever, there is an opposing faction that is 100% fine with that grind, as they find it useful for gathering resources, killing time, chilling with their guild in a fun teamwork game mode 

Let's call these guys, CASUAL

We can say that Players fall somewhere on the HARDCORE vs CASUAL spectrum.

The challenge for format, such as it was, was fine for the CASUAL group, but not for the HARDCORE group. So there had long been a push by these more hardcore guys to make the challenge stronger, harder, faster, better...

But I feared doing so would ruin the game for the CASUAL group.

This spawned the seed for my idea of the Master Stage, as a way of giving the HARDCORE group at least SOME of what they wanted, without sacrificing our CASUAL players.

Sooooo when people continuously point out that Master Mission is optional, that's precisely why. Options are a good thing.

And in this case, the best thing Master Mission has done for the CASUAL group is preserving the challenge and allowing them to keep playing the game they love as they always have, with no change.

I hope that makes sense, I rambled on longer than intended.

As I've said before, you can't please everyone, but sometimes I still try. 

((Edit to add the above text ∆∆∆))

Love it? Hate it? Don't GAF?

share! :smile:
Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
EMAIL US --> [email protected]
JoeSmartDanski_46romeoBWilsKarajocaJenngZetteJadenPicScowleyColAngusTweetyBird

Comments

• mirmir Member Posts: 98
    I have already run 5 laps, so far everything is fine. Now the complexity of 35, we'll see what happens, and then it will be certainly a bit harder to pass the master of three stars. Connected!
    romeoBWilsJenng
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,760
    I like it...... the one thing I did notice is the my maps have been random

From the update Notes :
    Let's say the challenge starts at RSL 18 and the maps of the challenge are 1,2,3,4,5,6. The Master Mission of RSL 18.1 (Difficulty 24) will be map 1, then RSL 18.2 (Difficulty 24) will be map 2, etc.

Deer in the headlights was first then emergency evacuation ... then the Pyre .... so to me it does not look like it is following the map order..... which is no big deal........ i am just happy to been done with the challenge sooner now

GovernatorBWilsJenng
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,746
    If you can 3* up to the high levels then it's fantastic, I think it could do with a bit if a tweak to make it more used by the masses but... I have played 8 maps so far

Danski_46BWilsATLAS-ZJenng
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 608
    Oh i’m in love 😍
    BWilsATLAS-ZJenng
  • AndreaAndrea Member Posts: 694
    I'm lovin it ;)
    BWilsATLAS-ZJenng
  • reekookrreekookr Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 58
    This seems to only be for high level players, where as nothing added to lower level players. Low level players should get like 9 reward boxes instead each mission for free, to counter the unfair setup
    BilldingerNezoTCBRITOJayZADPaqbigbeanocrambert_nec
  • kmrkmr Member Posts: 112

I like it...... the one thing I did notice is the my maps have been random

From the update Notes :
    Let's say the challenge starts at RSL 18 and the maps of the challenge are 1,2,3,4,5,6. The Master Mission of RSL 18.1 (Difficulty 24) will be map 1, then RSL 18.2 (Difficulty 24) will be map 2, etc.

Deer in the headlights was first then emergency evacuation ... then the Pyre .... so to me it does not look like it is following the map order..... which is no big deal........ i am just happy to been done with the challenge sooner now

It looks there is a fixed order: mission from left to right in the upper row and than in the bottom row
    romeo
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 132
    I disagree. My guys are only level 23 and I literally just upgraded them during this 25% off upgrades. And I only have 3 so far lol. It comes down to strategy.

Yes, high level people will probably really benefit. There’s probably some in the 1000’s already just from skipping lol. I only managed to skip I think 4 or so then I couldn’t 3 star anymore so I went back to normal. It still saves a ton of gas and time though, even if you ONLY skip one round.

> @reekookr said:
    > This seems to only be for high level players, where as nothing added to lower level players. Low level players should get like 9 reward boxes instead each mission for free, to counter the unfair setup
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 222
    I could see it being really useful if you take a break and lose your round passes. It's useless to me at +6 on top of the round passes I already have. Maybe if you randomly drew the easiest map in the set, but on my first master stage I can't get past the 2 +6 tanks.
    Burmeliinis
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,207
    Placebo fix. Again. As all previous fixes.

NG is afraid to simply let this infernal grind go. And will pay the price for this sometime.

Immediate changes in my opinion are to make the difficulty level +5 and the gas cost exactly the same as other maps - don't make it 2x. Asking 10 gas for a master map is pure non-sense greed.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    SleeperyJeemTCBRITOklman1612Urbanjesus
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 311
    It’s awesome, even with +6
    romeoJenng
  • JoeSmartJoeSmart Member Posts: 220
    I had some fucked goner slips on 32... so that sucks but the error was in front of the screen 😀
    DoomSquad Family

Jenng
  • BilldingerBilldinger Member Posts: 176
    Looks like I can do 1, maybe 2 Master Missions with 3 Stars. How does opening crates work after completing Master Missions? I would hate to give up opening over 100 crates for 1 Master Mission completion. Thanks!
    Jenng
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,007
    So it sounds like you get stars for all missions when you play a Master mission... is the 2X factor from round passes included?

Do you still earn round passes and TG from finishing a Master Mission?

(I haven't started the challenge yet... waiting and will use my gas booster...)
    Jenng
  • KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 68
    I really like what i see :) Thank you @ATLAS-Z for this great idea :) You deserve some nice bundle from NG :D

I did stop last week little earlier and having only 13 passes helped me pass almost all double rounds with master mission(only nigthly visitors lvl39 i failed, because Daryl is sooooo weak now hehe) but thing is, if you go back from lvl39 to 33 difficulty, play few more rounds there, it's not bad. Then from time to time you get 'easier' map for master map so you can 'skip' another full round even on high difficulty( this week that is evacuation, the pyre, narrow path)

WIll be harder for some challenges, but idea and is great. Originally suggested +5 for master round would be perfect imo.
    JenngWellyLuga
  • JoeSmartJoeSmart Member Posts: 220
    All the same but only one time after mission crates

> @TransmuteJun said:
    > So it sounds like you get stars for all missions when you play a Master mission... is the 2X factor from round passes included?
    >
    > Do you still earn round passes and TG from finishing a Master Mission?
    >
    > (I haven't started the challenge yet... waiting and will use my gas booster...)
    DoomSquad Family

Jenng
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,007
    Thank you @JoeSmart !
    JoeSmart
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 606
    JoeSmart said:

All the same but only one time after mission crates

> @TransmuteJun said:

> So it sounds like you get stars for all missions when you play a Master mission... is the 2X factor from round passes included?

>

> Do you still earn round passes and TG from finishing a Master Mission?

>

> (I haven't started the challenge yet... waiting and will use my gas booster...)

Too bad they just couldn't make it that if you complete the MM you automatically get all 9 post mission crates. the only real negative I see is going from 18 free crates (6 missions) to 3.
    ShadowWalkerJenngmirpsychwolf
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 272
    I might try one time. But losing on crates (especially gold and phones, but also lucky legendary items) and XP (farming) is likely to prevent me from doing Master Missions very often. I do not yet have a maximum roster, all at level 26, all with perfect gear.

I will not, however, begrudge the 2K+ star players their time and gas savings. It's definitely an End Game feature.
  • S100200S100200 Member Posts: 97
    A good improvement
    It would look great if it was only +2 level of normal.
    BWilsTCBRITO
  • ZetteZette Member Posts: 317
    I love it! I'm not 1 of the elites...I usually do around 1200 stars per challenge and i've been able to do 6 master stages so far! May possibly be able to do 1 or 2 more but with what i've already been able to do, i was able to skip playing 30 maps that were lower levels. So that's a great step towards helping with my grind. U do miss out on the after mission crates but they're the lower lvl 1's anyway so i'm not so bummed about that part. If I get to being short on xp's, i'll just scavenge a little. But I don't see that as a problem since all of my survivors r already upgraded so I only have to upgrade equipment now.
    Jenng
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    edited September 25
    I love it but it jumps ahead too many levels.
    It was over in a very short amount of time before I had to go back to single maps
    ATLAS-ZfearofthedarkJenng