Master Mission - Feedback

Comments

• rchaprchap Member Posts: 81
    The new Master Mission concept is awesome. I did 7 right away, and had to replay a couple because I hadn't yet practiced these maps. I should have done one round normal or did them on my Alt first, but it was awesome being challenged right away.

I think this is really helpful for maxed out end gamers who won't really miss out on rewards. However, that's why I won't do it on my Alt and why many low and mid level players should probably not do Master Missions. I probably will go the traditional grind route on even my Main account on events let Radioactive, because I want those crates at the end of missions.

There is also a strategic element to Master Missions. When a round has an easier map for the Master Mission, I will do it to get 3 stars on all the maps, even the harder ones on that round. If done right, you might actually get a better score than you could without Master Missions.
    Danski_46Burmeliinisromeo
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 606
    Does the mission on the Master Mission not go in sequence? mine seems to be jumping around.
    SPC_TORRES
  • rchaprchap Member Posts: 81
    It is in order, left to right, top to bottom.
    romeo
  • ZetteZette Member Posts: 317
    > @Deadheads said:
    > Does the mission on the Master Mission not go in sequence? mine seems to be jumping around.

I've only did 6 mm so far and the pattern seems to be bottom row to top row, left to right but starting point seems to be based on ur starting lvl. Mine started with bottom right corner then moved to top left corner...went across top then went back to bottom row and started left to right again.
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,207
    Danski_46 said:

@Troublemaker, why is 10 gas greedy? Normally it's 30 to complete a round so 10 is a bargain 👍

It's an obvious point of view, of course.

I felt it locked the player out of the game too soon. Played three maps in less than 10 minutes and are left on waiting for 2-3 hours.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 409
    Maps definitely skip through with rounds passes so you will not get the first map to play first necessarily
    12 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Our top 2 Global Guilds form a team of 40 Top 20 in Elite & Bottom 20 in Recon
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,711
    @Troublemaker do you or do you not want the grind? There’s too much grind I can’t play enough, I’ve got through the rounds but now can’t play as much! Lol!
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,207
    Firekid said:

@Troublemaker do you or do you not want the grind? There’s too much grind I can’t play enough, I’ve got through the rounds but now can’t play as much! Lol!

Yeah it may sound controversial, but it misses the point by a little. Less grind of course, but locked out too soon.

I think Master Stage can be tweaked to (almost) perfection though.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    Danski_46tabernacTCBRITOFirekid
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 473
    It only skips to the following round. You'd be at the same round had you played the levels singularly.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 272
    Another item of note: An MM only counts as one mission for completing daily quest(s). Makes sense, I suppose; but another limitation trade-off for the time and gas savings.
    PRO: Less gas, less time, faster progress.
    CON: Less XP and other useful rewards (1/6th as much!), less farming with Maggie/Glenn/Gov (before switching to Best Team for Map).
    NEUTRAL: Quickly run out of MMs that can be completed with 3 stars. (Well, I do at least!)
    Danski_46BWils
  • JoeSmartJoeSmart Member Posts: 220
    Anyone tried: once you cannot beat the MM (let's say 30.1 so lvl 36, maybe because you get the toughest map), and play through all 6 maps to proceed forward to the next round (30.2) -> is the MM the same map or another?
    DoomSquad Family

• EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    Many in my guild are saying the skip jumps too many levels.
    How about multiple buttons choices?
    Jump 2, 4 or 6 levels
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,204
    I like it so far but I'm also going to suggest bringing it down to +5 rounds higher. Not gonna be greedy and ask for +4.
    Jenng
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,528
    > @Jenng said:
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > I gotta say I am completely on board with this new way of challenge-ing!!!!! I’m a half asser and as one of the OG players, burnt out and hanging on by a lazy thread forcing myself to get some measly stars this new system is exactly what I personally needed to try and whole ass it again :)

This made me LOL
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    JenngrogueDSromeo
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 153
    edited September 25
    Love the concept, like the implementation, and very much appreciate the effort.

It comes down to math. With a +6 RSL penalty, a player has to play through 6x2=12 rounds that they can easily 3* in order to get to rounds that are challenging (that they have difficulty 3-starring). 12 rounds = 72 maps = too much grind.

Cut it in half. With a +3 RSL penalty, a player would have to play through 6 rounds (36 maps) that they can easily 3* in order to get to rounds that are challenging. 36 maps is still a lot, but much better than 72.

This is close to being awesome.
    Danski_46tabernacBWils
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,956
    +1 to +4
    Jenng
  • ZetteZette Member Posts: 317
    > @JoeSmart said:
    > Anyone tried: once you cannot beat the MM (let's say 30.1 so lvl 36, maybe because you get the toughest map), and play through all 6 maps to proceed forward to the next round (30.2) -> is the MM the same map or another?

It would be the next map in rotation so it's possible to get easier map that u can 3 star on the next go round.
    JoeSmartJenngBWils
  • johnacudajohnacuda Member Posts: 96
    Loving it, and once I top out on master missions, I may stil be able to bang through a few by luck, or the skin of my teeth, thjnking The Pyre with sciut daryl in the lead.
    Jenng
  • Aklo09Aklo09 Member Posts: 11
    edited September 25
    I really like it.
    I've been able to rum three MM before it got too difficult.
    I also think you don't lose any crates by skipping missions, you do one mission you get 6 crates
    With saved gas you can do scavange if you feel so
    BWils
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 153
    A trap I fell into: If you try multiple times to clear a master mission, you can easily end up spending more time/gas than you would have if you ran the 6 normal missions. So just dip once and END IT.
    JenngADPaq
  • SleeperyJeemSleeperyJeem Member Posts: 96
    edited September 25
    Conceptually, this is far, far superior to round passes, especially if it’s being downgraded to +4 where I could easily finish through all my easy rounds this way.

However, there are two big problems. First is that you are giving away a vast amount of crates (5/6ths, and most of your supply drops since you only get some early on). Either the crates need to count for a LOT more when you finish this, or you need to be able to open all of them for free. Otherwise you’re saving time, but starving yourself for resources, especially if you’re also skipping while on a round pass!

The other one is the daily trophies. I did three skips straight off. Normally I would have been able to complete all the trophy objectives by the time I finished 3 rounds, but instead I’ve got 9 to go, either I take a break from skip missions to finish the objective, possibly racking up its difficulty (at least while +6) to where I can’t finish it, or grind boring modes like salvage instead, which kind of defeats the purpose. Let’s make skips count for at least 3 points on the objective, okay?

Finally - make it clearer that you can try again if you flop the skip mission, had a guildie in who thought he had to eat the lost points when he made a mistake and had a survivor grappled. Maybe not bring up the “go to next level” screen unless you three star? Actually, that may be a good idea overall, since I have occasionally forgotten that I intended to go back to retry a mission after getting only one or two stars on it, and finishing the rest of the round before going back.

Lots of potential, but needs tuning.
    Jenng
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,711
    I think master map should be +5 which would allow people to skip 1 or 2 rounds more.
  • OohbabyOohbaby Member Posts: 41
    Reduce increase in walker level. Only made half my normal stars, now the walkers far exceed what I can handle at level 26
    crambert_nec
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 132
    What? You only got half your normal stars?

No no no. You’re doing it wrong lol. You don’t have to do the MM at all. Just do it until you can no longer 3 star...even if it’s only a round or two, then drop back down to doing the normal challenge rounds.

> @Oohbaby said:
    > Reduce increase in walker level. Only made half my normal stars, now the walkers far exceed what I can handle at level 26
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,528
    edited September 25
    Anyone out there with a guild that's one short let me know, I need some place for my Junior account to bang out 500 stars.

Edit nevermind, I found a spot in Watch tower 26
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    romeo