Master Mission - Feedback

Comments

• MojakuMojaku Member Posts: 113
    Hi @ATLAS-Z

Its not necesary implement two tables...why? Whats happens when you cant play skip party? you play the missions normally...

This is the same...

Currently this new type of game (skip) only gives advantages to those at the top of the table ...
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,922
    Skip is only for people who play 200+ missions.

They need it. That is the idea
    romeocrambert_nec
    > @jimmorrison369 said:
    > Skip is only for people who play 200+ missions.
    >
    > They need it. That is the idea

1.- Assuming that each mission is 3 stars (not counting doubles) 200 * 3 = 600 that is done by any player level 72 easily on the same Wednesday that starts

2.- Assuming that each mission is a pack of 6 games and that each game is 3 stars (simple calculations without using doubles) are 200 * 18 = 3600 stars ... how many people exceed those numbers? In Spain, of course not

Please, perform the calculations well or explain them better. They give rise to confusion

Note:I am level 72, I have been playing since the beginning and I average 1500 to 1700 stars per challenge, my personal record is 2004. I have not spent money on the game at any time. The skip game does not make me win so much time and I only ask for balancing for everyone, Is it so hard to understand?
  • magicmagic Member Posts: 68
    I normally get about 500 stars, and that's because I find the challenge missions extremely boring. Getting about the same amount of stars now, but doing 4-6 master missions makes it much less boring and I can use more gas on scavenger missions and level up faster.

Master missions are so much more interesting to play. I would like to see a scavenge master mission with +6 zombie level and x6 supply rewards.
    BWils
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,922
    edited October 3
    @Mojaku
    You are forgetting you get stars for completing each round.

That is at least a 1000 stars more than your simple minded calculation. Not even taking into account previous round passes.

Last week.
    If I didn't had the master missions, my 2066 stars would've been about 200 missions for me to play.

I saved about 100 missions last week. Had to play only hundred.

Edit-
    I guess I shouldn't let myself be tempted to respond in the unfriendly manner I did.

I read it as being called a fool and responded by calling ignorance.
    TWDaddictionJenngromeo
  • PMTPMT Member Posts: 11
    MM has save me time and gas I'm already at 1.4k without a booster on day 1
    If it's too easy what's the point of implementing it I think +5 is about right imo
    Maybe from now on I don't have to be glue to the screen at weekends and have more time for the occasional dirty weekend instead 😂
    Firekidjimmorrison369Jenng
    > @jimmorrison369 said:
    > @Mojaku
    > You are forgetting you get stars for completing each round.
    >
    > That is at least a 1000 stars more than your simple minded calculation. Not even taking into account previous round passes.
    >
    > Last week.
    > If I didn't had the master missions, my 2066 stars would've been about 200 missions for me to play.
    >
    > I saved about 100 missions last week. Had to play only hundred.
    >
    > You don't even know how the game works, that is why you are complaining. Ignorance.

jajjajajaj ignorance say....

Ignorance??? jajajaj First show your numbers, mine attached. Second You can not show the games you skip with Skip party because it simply does not appear anywhere ... you should check your ignorance and more when you can not show how many games you skip ...
    JayZ
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 132
    edited October 3
    @Mojaku while I don’t agree with calling anyone names, he was right with his statement. You spilt out “facts” and numbers, but your numbers were missing a HUGE part with the round stars. You skipped out on Calculating the BIGGEST part of the final stars. Also, you can EASILY calculate how many you skipped. Each round is normally 6. If you use the MM, it’s only 1 so you saved out on having to complete the other 5. We’ll just say you completed 5 MM rounds for simplicity (5 is very doable with the numbers you posted). That’s 5 rounds times the 5 you saved. You just saved out on 25 missions!!! Easy math that you can calculate yourself. Well even go in terms of gas and that would’ve cost 125 gas. (25 missions times 5 gas each). Instead, it only cost you 50 gas (10 gas per MM)

So possibly, putting the new numbers into play, you can see that the MMs do save time and gas. No doubt about it at all. Even if you do ONE MM. literally only do one, you just saved time and gas.

It may not be what everyone wanted, but it does save time and gas at the end of the day. And with your stats, (great numbers) you seem like you definitely benefit from this new system!
    jimmorrison369Jenngcrambert_nec
    It all started with that comment:

I think the best option,is to do the same with distance. Give us the option to select difficult mode before starting challenge:

difficult mode (6 more levels) or easy mode (3 more levels)

I say it again but...

What problem is there really?
    It's easy, you have to read the title of the post and the first comment: You like it or you hate it

I say that it is improvable and adaptable for everyone

If you don't like my comments ...
  • mimicamimica Member Posts: 324
    > @Mojaku said:
    > It all started with that comment:
    >
    > I think the best option,is to do the same with distance. Give us the option to select difficult mode before starting challenge:
    >
    > difficult mode (6 more levels) or easy mode (3 more levels)
    >
    > I say it again but...
    >
    > What problem is there really?

I don't think this would ever even be considered by NG, but that's just my opinion.

Now let's imagine your proposal come true and NG make two difficulties modes for challenge, one (+6) and one (+3) BUT like the Distance, the mode +3 will come with everything that implies not only less difficulty, such as:
    -less stars total
    -half of rewards (hero tokens, Tg, Reinforcement and Reroll Tokens)

And wait for it..
    -Paying the same gas per missions as +6 mode

Now we have two challenge mode, just for curiosity @Mojaku which mode would you choose?
    Hope you still consider to choose +3, otherwise you just want have the same benefits of the Top players but playing with less difficulty.
    Danski_46ATLAS-Zcrambert_necromeo
    @ATLAS-Z I fully understand the idea of the marster game. But I am not there are casual and hardcore players ... you forget the intermediate players. I think the correct definition of players are this:

Casual, Intermediate, Hardcore and Pay to win. This is the correct definition of players in all game and you know

Since the update notes came out, everyone really wanted to play the master game (me included) What's more, I think the big prize of the update is precisely this mission. But .... pum .... it seems that they can only enjoy it, a type of profile player (harcore profile), very logical

Note: Badget filter its a very big great change Of course.

Now I will answer the question you ask in this thread (By the way you edited) Love it? Do it? Now I hate it because it is only intended for certain types of players, a great idea implemented in a wrong way
    @mimica You understand what you want and turn it around as you want. I have not talked about changing rewards or changing difficulty, I have only expressed my opinion in which it would be good if people could use the master mission using 3 levels. There is a lot of casual that is also fed up of having missions to have painful rewards.

To the question of how I play distance, allways play Hard mode and usually tfinish or I stay at level 20. I have never complained about it ... if you need any proof you tell me and I upload you screenshot

Remember that in challenge, the difficulty is put by the player, depending on how far you want to go
    crambert_nec
    edited October 3
    @Mojaku broooo come on. You’re frankly just complaining to complain at this point. I only get around 1400 or so stars then call it a weekend and move on and I strongly benefit from this. Then You show screenshots of you getting 2000 and you say you don’t benefit? Bro come on lol just move on. You well exceed what I do and even I’m ecstatic by the time and gas it saves me
    ATLAS-Z
    edited October 3
    @TWDaddiction I just want opportunities for intermediate and low players. You say.. i not need but I am the robin hood of intermediate or low players
    TWDaddiction
    > @Mojaku said:
    > @TWDaddiction I just want opportunities for intermediate and low players. Here I have only suffered unnecessary attacks while giving an example of improvement . You sa.. i not need but I am the robin hood of intermediate or low players

Lol fair enough. I thought you were personally speaking for yourself and I’m like “no wayyyyyy he’s not benefiting” lol. Improvement and debate is always wanted. That’s the point of this forum. 👍

I think they summed it up though. With there being one leaderboard, it wouldn’t be fair to split up an “easy” or “hard” mode on the same layout. And I do think it’s easy to overlook that there will never be an update that benefits EVERYONE. Not when there’s brand new players then players that have been here for 3 or 4 years. We’re all just in different ball parks at this point
    Mojaku
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 409
    Lets face it NG does NOT want to stop the grind, they want use to stop bitching about the grind. This is their compromise. A reasonable one if not perfect.
    12 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Our top 2 Global Guilds form a team of 40 Top 20 in Elite & Bottom 20 in Recon
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

Danski_46ATLAS-ZJoeSmart
    edited October 3
    @TWDaddiction At last! someone who understood me!

@Billbam i know but i will try
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,528
    I'd like to throw in another bid to have the MM bumped down to +5 tho @Shteevie @Fluxxx instead of +6

I know it's still new, but once there's a few challenges for analysis... this one small tweak would be welcomed by most I think.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    TCBRITOpsychwolfDanski_46romeo
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,760
    For my lowest account Kong........it's never been about the rewards...... it's at the level I still get green crap in gold crates.... it's about picking up those few extra stars to help the guild reach the next milestone.
    I hated "the grind" on that account........ now with minimal missions I am able to lay some stars down ... focus on my other accounts and still have time for the wife.

JenngATLAS-Z
  • mimicamimica Member Posts: 324
    > @Mojaku said:
    > @mimica You understand what you want and turn it around as you want. I have not talked about changing rewards or changing difficulty, I have only expressed my opinion in which it would be good if people could use the master mission using 3 levels. There is a lot of casual that is also fed up of having missions to have painful rewards.
    >
    > To the question of how I play distance, allways play Hard mode and usually tfinish or I stay at level 20. I have never complained about it ... if you need any proof you tell me and I upload you screenshot
    >
    > Remember that in challenge, the difficulty is put by the player, depending on how far you want to go

First, I never did a question of how you play The Distance, you don't need to proof anything and I'm nobody to ask for it, I was just pointing out that The Distance has 2 modes and those modes has different rewards and difficulty.

Now with your point, I understand you and very very well, you want to make MM accessible for low and intermediate players making them only +3 difficulty above and preserve the same rewards and star system as the current challenge, fair enough, keep giving that fight I'll support you from now on.

I fit in the category that you call Hardcore player, if I have 2 options to play challenge:
    -MM +6
    -MM +3

With the same rewards, honestly which you think I'd choose? I'm not stupid, obviously I will choose +3 because if with the current MM I can play them above lvl40, would mean that with +3 difficulty I could start my challenge from lvl38 or above that will save me a lot more time and I'll get the same rewards and players like me wouldn't even have to buy booster or spend gold in healing to maximize and "complete" their challenge.
    Jenngcrambert_necDanski_46
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 153
    ATLAS-Z said:

I'd like to throw in another bid to have the MM bumped down to +5 tho @Shteevie @Fluxxx instead of +6

I know it's still new, but once there's a few challenges for analysis... this one small tweak would be welcomed by most I think.

I think they either need to implement your idea of reducing the penalty of the master mission by 1 for every mission you complete in the round, or they need to make the penalty +3. +5 is still too much grind.

This is just my opinion, but the more easy 3-star maps I am forced to play through, the less appealing this game is. Master missions came along right when I was seriously questioning how/whether to continue playing. Hard distance is time-consuming and not much fun anymore - more like punching a clock and working for the rewards than playing a game. Challenge is better with master missions, but still somewhat tedious. I never scavenge, I quit doing daily missions, and I only do outpost to bump back to 5000+ near the end. Really, the only thing I enjoy about the game now is strategizing how to get past the toughest challenge missions and working on survivors / traits / equipment.

(L72, Normally 2000-2200 on challenge.)
    edited October 4
    I'm a pretty smart guy, usually, but somewhere somehow I lost the point of @Mojaku argument...?

Trying to bring myself around to click back and re-read, but....

....uuuuuugggggggghhhhhhhhhh....
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    romeo
    edited October 4
    I think I got it boiled down...

The doctor is in the house, grab some couch.

There's a group of "low or intermediate" players that are frustrated that the last update didn't have much in the way of new exciting actionable content.... for THEM?

That's pretty much it.

Their not upset at the format of the Challenge or MM, their upset that this new feature is the "Meat" of a long awaited update and it doesn't do much to enhance their personal gaming experience?

And seeing how so many on the forum are singing praises for Master Mission further increases the feelings that they are missing out?

I think that's all it is. Give it time, and this will blow over. The next update should hopefully have more new content that's exciting for everyone.

Edited to change "butt-hurt" to "frustrated"
    romeo
  • AchillesVAchillesV Member Posts: 55
    What it is, is that the feature is nice and all, but it could so easily be BETTER, for EVERYONE, just by reducing the MM RSL by 1 for each mission that already has a star.
    > @AchillesV said:
    > What it is, is that the feature is nice and all, but it could so easily be BETTER, for EVERYONE, just by reducing the MM RSL by 1 for each mission that already has a star.

That was my original pitch, but I can see how that could easily be manipulated to "skip" only those few missions you don't like every time.

I still think it would be better, but... I get why they didn't implement that feature.
    @ATLAS-Z see it’s funny that these low level, still grinding people don’t remember the tomatoe event we did a couple weeks ago? That didn’t benefit end level guys at all. In fact, it was probably quite frustrating lol

Point is, someone will always complain. Just roll with it
    ATLAS-ZromeoJadenWalkerslayer82