Master Mission - Feedback

1235»

Comments

• GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 153
    ATLAS-Z said:

> @AchillesV said:

> What it is, is that the feature is nice and all, but it could so easily be BETTER, for EVERYONE, just by reducing the MM RSL by 1 for each mission that already has a star.

That was my original pitch, but I can see how that could easily be manipulated to "skip" only those few missions you don't like every time.

I still think it would be better, but... I get why they didn't implement that feature.

So, if there were 2 missions preventing us from advancing to the next round, we would be able to try the master mission at +2 and possibly get to the next round and continue playing. Yeah, that would be terrible. :D
    romeo
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,528
    > @Grendel said:
    > (Quote)
    > So, if there were 2 missions preventing us from advancing to the next round, we would be able to try the master mission at +2 and possibly get to the next round and continue playing. Yeah, that would be terrible. :D

Hey man I like it, but I'd wager that the reasoning.

@TWDaddiction you're right, I know bud
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    Grendel
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 409
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > I think I got it boiled down...
    >
    > The doctor is in the house, grab some couch.
    >
    > There's a group of "low or intermediate" players that are frustrated that the last update didn't have much in the way of new exciting actionable content.... for THEM?
    >
    > That's pretty much it.
    >
    > Their not upset at the format of the Challenge or MM, their upset that this new feature is the "Meat" of a long awaited update and it doesn't do much to enhance their personal gaming experience?
    >
    > And seeing how so many on the forum are singing praises for Master Mission further increases the feelings that they are missing out?
    >
    > I think that's all it is. Give it time, and this will blow over. The next update should hopefully have more new content that's exciting for everyone.
    >
    >
    > Edited to change "butt-hurt" to "frustrated"
    >

Let's not forget also the fall event is still to start with all it's great rewards
    12 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Our top 2 Global Guilds form a team of 40 Top 20 in Elite & Bottom 20 in Recon
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

• AchillesVAchillesV Member Posts: 55
    Maybe change the title to "Master Mission - Positive Feedback Only" if that's all you want to see! :p
    edited October 4
    > @AchillesV said:
    > Maybe change the title to "Master Mission - Positive Feedback Only" if that's all you want to see! :p

Dude, low blow.

And not accurate.

Several folks have provided feedback that Master Mission has fallen short in it's attempt to reduce the grind sufficiently.

Lots of suggested improvements like @Grendel did and others, suggesting a lower difficulty + for MM.

Those are constructive and valuable criticisms.

Less well-received are those suggesting that Master mission is inadequate in providing fun for all players of all levels and play styles, because that was never the goal.

Goal was for all players of all levels and play styles to be able to continue to enjoy the Challenge by having the option to select the master Mission or playing on as they always have, disregarding it.

To embrace the grind or reduce. Choice :smile:
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Deathwish19romeo
  • MojakuMojaku Member Posts: 113
    @mimica Thanks! now we are on the same line!

@ATLAS-Z great goal:

“Goal was for all players of all levels and play styles to be able to continue to enjoy the Challenge by having the option to select the master Mission or playing on as they always have, disregarding it.”

But the objective is poorly implemented because it does not cover all cases/players.

@Firekid Great explanation!!

Offtopic: Do you know why I like this game? because it reminds me Blizzard D2 RPG. Many different skills in weapons and armor, many types of characters, different strategies but lately (when you want to win many stars) you can only do it with the same characters, weapons and armor and with regard to the new skills of hunters, gunmen, I still can't comment but I have tried the new skill in weapons in the gold version and it doesn't give me good feelings....i will try test more
    Deathwish19romeo
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 697
    Probably an unintended consequence of master missions is the ability to take on levels at a difficulty you normally don't reach. I'm trying them more for the challenge of doing them than skipping the round. Once I have got near to doing the mm I will keep trying.
    I'm actually curious how helpful this will be on graveyard...

Probably zero if they don't change it to bruisers. :-/
    ignasromeo
  • scoonersscooners Member Posts: 53
    Seriously have not tried the master mission yet: still too young in the game to mind the grind - super paranoid about missing a star.

Deathwish19
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,745
    Every week is charged bruisers with Glenn and enough gold. We will still see some crazy 3k+ scores this week
    aquila
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,043
    I got 99 problems but Gas and Stars are not one!!!! My problem is how in the world are people passing these stages?

Danski_46
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 311
    No fatty on this map? Though it is always there
    > @ignas said:
    > No fatty on this map? Though it is always there

Me too
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 697
    I had a fatty every time I played armored compound.
    SPC_TORRESJadenJenngromeo
  • mimicamimica Member Posts: 324
    I played from lv28 to lv44 and I got all Armored walkers one time
    Danski_46
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,711
    Didn’t know you could get it without without a fatty! In other news glad that it’s been reduced to +5 will be interesting to see how much of a difference it makes.
    Danski_46romeoTCBRITO
    Man I made a fake rant in that tomato thread and not one single lol...

I thought for sure I struck comedy gold
    Jenng
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,956
    Yeah master stage is a great thing and even better it's optional.
    Even if mapset is not "master stage friendly" and if I won't be using it past rsl 32, until that point that's still much less game play on ridiculously easy maps.
    Danski_46Jenng
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,711
    I’m still getting “hung up” trying to 3 star MM maps when it’s easier to run through the maps! Just attempted occupied at 42, first 3 attempts a single bruise, next two attempts heavy injured :-( I know I can do it the question is should I keep attempting it!
    ATLAS-ZDanski_46Jenng
    > @Firekid said:
    > I’m still getting “hung up” trying to 3 star MM maps when it’s easier to run through the maps! Just attempted occupied at 42, first 3 attempts a single bruise, next two attempts heavy injured :-( I know I can do it the question is should I keep attempting it!

Yes me too, but even as I curse and swear, I admit it's more fun than the walk through.

But I stopped at 39, you sir, are an animal ;-)
    romeoJenng
  • reveenreveen Member Posts: 25
    I like the MM.

Pros: I’m at my max level by Saturday and have 2 days to squeeze in another round or two. Before, I was still playing up to the deadline. So the grind has been greatly reduced (by 2 days for me).

Cons: by doing MM right away, I don’t get a feel for the maps and usually make mistakes and have to redo them to get 3*.

But overall, I’m a fan
    SPC_TORRES
    Dudes... I just 3-starred Pile of Fire MM diff46...

Nuts!

(RGG did start charged, and did stun the Speedo)
    SPC_TORRESJadenromeo