Upgrading gear trying to upgrade twice (and burn your gold)

GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,631
When I go to upgrade gear and spend XP to do it, I press the button to upgrade. I then immediately get the message if I want to spend gold for the upgrade. I cancel and see the gear upgrading already. The pop-up is asking if I want to speed up and pay gold for the next upgrade. This is a bad bug. I can see someone tapping the button again without paying close attention and then "boom," their gold gets reduced. I've had this happen for the last three upgrades. I'm being careful, but it's annoying for sure.
psychwolfJenngTHCrossMystiquemimicaTCBRITOSPC_TORRESmir

Comments

• psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,248
    It is annoying and another gold grabbing tactic. It's confusing having this pop up when it serves no purpose. Others in my guild have said the same.
    JenngGovernatorTCBRITO
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,225
    Seriously.......

THCrossBWilsGovernatorSPC_TORRES
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,234
    Happening to me too.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    GovernatorTCBRITO
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,631
    @Fluxxx. Can you address this issue?
    TCBRITO
  • DrhooDrhoo Member Posts: 93
    Could you also remove the 'special offer of the day' in the middle of the screen when opening the game, constantly have to clear the link to googleshop;(
    Governator
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 376
    Do you mean when you have enough XP to upgrade the weapon and yet the popup still appears? Will bring this up with the team, but in this case, even if you click the button the gold will not be deducted from your balance.
    Fluxxx said:

Do you mean when you have enough XP to upgrade the weapon and yet the popup still appears? Will bring this up with the team, but in this case, even if you click the button the gold will not be deducted from your balance.

Not quite. It is like the upgrade button is being tapped twice in succession despite being only tapped once. The first tap drops the weapon into the Workshop and begins the upgrade. The second tap is registering as a request to complete the upgrade in progress and spend gold (because not enough XP is available).

I tried to duplicate right now, but the issue appears to have been fixed. Maybe with the 5-sec upgrade?

Thanks!
    Jenng
    Just tried again and got the same issue when upgrading a piece of gear. Maybe it only happens when you are starting with the first trait. It didn't happen when upgrading the 2nd of the three traits.
  • CarlyCarly Member Posts: 2,198

Just tried again and got the same issue when upgrading a piece of gear. Maybe it only happens when you are starting with the first trait. It didn't happen when upgrading the 2nd of the three traits.

I did 5sec upgrade for a 3rd trait. Immediately after screen popped up to use gold. But gear was fully upgraded.
    My peanut butter chocolate cake with Kool-Aid
    Leader of Badger Hounds
    100% F2P
    MyYouTubeChannel
  • Huricane444Huricane444 Member Posts: 149
    > @Carly said:
    > (Quote)
    > I did 5sec upgrade for a 3rd trait. Immediately after screen popped up to use gold. But gear was fully upgraded.

Same was to mee today too 3rd and final upgrade of item and then ask upgrade for gold!
    Carly
  • CarlyCarly Member Posts: 2,198
    @Huricane444 Yea. I clicked on the "X" to close the popup too.

So I don't know if this was visual bug or if I would have lost my gold if I made an accidental fast click.
    My peanut butter chocolate cake with Kool-Aid
    Leader of Badger Hounds
    100% F2P
    MyYouTubeChannel
  • ShayHaShayHa Member Posts: 263
    Happened to me too today. Sent an item to upgrade then a pop up message to upgrade with gold.. almost pressed on that
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 567
    Aye, happened to me too. Almost blew 2200 gold on a crap upgrade I didn't need.
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,248
    Went to upgrade a vest for the first time, this automatically popped up.