Ideas For Halloween Themed Weapons

It's October 1st so that means the start of Spooky season! Since we have Winter Weapons I thought it would be a cool idea to suggest some Halloween weapons. While it may be too late for this year, perhaps these weapons can make it into the game next year in a bundle, or campaign.

Now there are already some weapons in the game like the Pumpkin Carver, Chainsaw (classic horror movie weapon), and Bloody Lucille (she's a Vampire bat!), which could be used. I am going to suggest some other ideas for those classes, but let's get started with:

ASSAULTS: Jack O'Lantern

This weapon will attack just like the Reckonin and Pickle Jar. It's charged attack can stun. It could be silent, but since it's a weapon that can burn and stun perhaps it should have the drawback of making noise.

-Traits
Gold Incendiary
Gold Luck
Silver could be anything else really

I didn't suggest piercing because weapons special weapons such as the Flare Gun, and Dixie BBQ that cause burning don't typically have that trait. Besides how can a pumpkin have piercing power? Anyway, I think this would be a cool weapon, being able to throw flaming pumpkins around would be pretty awesome.

SCOUTS: Vampire Stake or Devil's Pitchfork

The Vampire Stake, like the Pumpkin Carver, could just be a regular scout weapon with a cool skin. Gabriel in particular would look pretty cool with it.

-Traits
Gold Razor and anything else
really

Devil's Pitchfork

I believe the game already has a pitchfork, so just make it red and maybe put some flames on it. Perhaps it could have a special functionality of taking no damage from burning enemies when you attack them.

Traits
Again Gold Razor and anything else would be just fine.

WARRIORS: Grim Reaper's Scythe

-Traits
Gold Razor
Gold Wide Arc
Silver Threat Reduction

Threat reduction because the Grim Reaper is silent when he comes for you.

BRUISERS: Witch's Broom

-Traits
Gold Razor
Gold Swift Strike
Silver Tactical

SS and Tactical so that the bruiser can attack and fly around just like a witch.

SHOOTERS: Vampire Bow Bat or Silver Bullet Gun

The Vampire Bat Bow will essentially be the Winter Bow but the bow is in the shape of a bat. Perhaps instead of giving a movement after attacking it can have the chance of causing bleed on human enemies. 100% silent of course.

Silver Bullet Gun. Nothing special here, just make a skin with an old timey looking gun. Probably easier for NG to do this.

-Traits
Gold Piercing
Gold Destructive
Silver Point Blank

HUNTERS: ???

IDK i'm out of ideas. Van Helsing Crossbow? Yeah, that fits.

So let me know what yall think about these weapons. Feel free to send me a check NG if you make any of these and sell a few. ;)
Jenng

Comments

• bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,956

Besides how can a pumpkin have piercing power?

Yes that wouldn't make sense. Pickles 🥒 on the other hand do have piercing power 🤘

ShadowWalkerdanny_sulcaJenng
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 225
    > @bladgier said:
    > (Quote)
    > Yes that wouldn't make sense. Pickles 🥒 on the other hand do have piercing power 🤘

I guess it's the glass shards that break when you slam the pickle jar on the floor? But shouldn't that make noise then? AND WHERE DO THESE INFINITE PICKLE JARS COME FROM?!
    Jenng
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 272
    edited October 1
    Scout
    Devil's Pitchfork, please! I've never had a shot at the normal Pitchfork. My take on the Devil's version would be more 'literal' and less 'best in class':
    * Special Reach +1, Attacks in Line (i.e., Kingdom Spear Special)
    * Gold Piercing (lots of pointy points; plus, it's a 'weird' trait for a melee weapon)
    * Gold Razor (one of them points will find the head)
    * Silver Incendiary (it's ON FIRE, yo) OR Silver Hazard Suit (some fire resistance; plus, it's a REALLY 'weird' trait for a weapon)

Warriors
    Your Scythe idea is spot-on. +1 vote, NG!

Bruisers
    I got nothing. Broom works, I suppose. SS on a bruiser weapon would be odd, but that makes it more Special, I suppose.

Shooters
    Web Gun
    * Special: When charged, % chance to Root All Hit Targets for 1 turn (maybe too OP; but it's basically Assault Stun, right?)
    * Gold Piercing (makes sense when you see the Silver below; it's going to engulf!)
    * Gold Concussion (its STICKY! I can't get it off me! Ewww!)
    * Silver Wide Spread (yes, on a Shooter gun!)

I'm blanking on any ideas for Assault or Hunter. As you can see, I'd probably 'trait creep' from other classes or from armor. I dig uniqueness that adds to the gameplay/synergies.
    ShadowWalker
    > @Artminius said:
    > Scout
    > Devil's Pitchfork, please! I've never had a shot at the normal Pitchfork. My take on the Devil's version would be more 'literal' and less 'best in class':
    > * Special Reach +1, Attacks in Line (i.e., Kingdom Spear Special)
    > * Gold Piercing (lots of pointy points; plus, it's a 'weird' trait for a melee weapon)
    > * Gold Razor (one of them points will find the head)
    > * Silver Incendiary (it's ON FIRE, yo) OR Silver Hazard Suit (some fire resistance; plus, it's a REALLY 'weird' trait for a weapon)

I actually was thinking of Incendiary too! I think immunity to fire would be better for melee though, which is why I put that as a suggestion, but hey why not both? I like the piercing and razor combo too!

Web Gun sounds awesome too, but I don't think Concussion works with Root because they're different status effects.
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 272

Web Gun sounds awesome too, but I don't think Concussion works with Root because they're different status effects.

Dang... good point. I guess Web Gun becomes an Assault weapon, then; and it doesn't have a Special. Boo.
  • WolfyWolfWolfyWolf Member Posts: 22
    I really don’t like stuff that breaks from the traditional lore. However, I will make an exception for Rufus’s special gear for I’m a pyromaniac when it comes to games!

Holiday themed stuff is...a bit silly when you think of it.

HOWEVER, will NOT say no to any special costumes and/or cosmetic looks!

Stuff like:

• Mike Mires Set
    • Scream Set
    • I know what you did last summer set
    • Evil Dead Ash Set
    • Jason Vorhees Set
    • Leather Face Set
    ShadowWalker
    > @WolfyWolf said:
    > Holiday themed stuff is...a bit silly when you think of it.
    >

I'll tell you what's silly an RPG that doesn't blow up it's target! ;)

I think the only "silly" weapon I proposed was the Jack O'Lantern, which is actually my favorite one, it's suppose to be kind of silly, like the pickle jar. All my other proposals are actual weapons, they would just have unique designs.

I do like the idea of more costumes. Although they will probably have to buy the rights to use some of your suggestions. Some more generic costumes would probably be be more more realistic. Perhaps we can get costumes for other holidays, a Santa one would be perfect for Stabby Rick.
    Jenng
  • WolfyWolfWolfyWolf Member Posts: 22
    ShadowWalker

I can forgive the RPG for it would be having to do a number of animation reworks. Nevertheless, the walkers are blown apart more or less.

Yes...I agree with pickle jar is...a special kind of silly but nevertheless, it’s an AWESOME weapon for it stuns and is silent when used. Doesn’t add anymore walkers to the danger meter.

Oh I’m very well aware they couldn’t use the actually designs of the characters, I was simply using them as examples since a lot of Samhain theme stuff is based on said listings.

Also, yeah,..I confess the Jack-O-Lanturn is a good idea. Still cringeworthy but cool! Lol!
    JenngShadowWalker
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,174

As a real life gun enthusiast I prefer “silly” weapons in my virtual world lol
    bladgierJadenShadowWalkerSPC_TORRES