LAKESIDE GETAWAY - FEEDBACK

2»

Comments

• Mario_RomeroMario_Romero Member Posts: 232
    Lakeside Getaway and not a lake in sight!

Even the apocalyps couldn't kill these bloody marketeers!

ATLAS-Zjimmorrison369GradyJenng
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,975
    @Danski_46 all protect the gate opener maps have the same mechanic with hordes of walkers coming at you. With occupied having the spawns in the top right mean you can sneak down the bottom to the fatty and out before they get to you if you so wish. Sometimes yes autospawns are crappy but think they work really well on these maps.
    BillbamSPC_TORRESDanski_46
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,431

Lakeside Getaway and not a lake in sight!

Even the apocalyps couldn't kill these bloody marketeers!

But the apocalypse killed the ability to spell "Welcome." :lol:
    SPC_TORRESMario_RomeroJenng
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 305
    I know I'm in the minority, but I don't mind the map set. I got farther in this challenge with all 3* than ever before. I feel like I can get to my normal score with little or no extra effort. The leaderboards seem to show higher scores this week than last week overall.

My only concern with the fast walkers is where else they will appear. If they show up in distance, they are overpowered.
    BurmeliinisShadowWalker
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,323
    Look at this BS just walking through everything. Don’t remember that being said about these new walkers being able to do this behavior. Show these programmers this crap.

BuckzzpsychwolfxbamfxTCBRITOBurmeliiniskookaburra
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 922
    > @Grendel said:
    > I know I'm in the minority, but I don't mind the map set. I got farther in this challenge with all 3* than ever before. I feel like I can get to my normal score with little or no extra effort. The leaderboards seem to show higher scores this week than last week overall.
    >
    > My only concern with the fast walkers is where else they will appear. If they show up in distance, they are overpowered.

I kind of agree, the only bad maps are Garden and Dumpshite. Dumpshite wouldn't be too bad if THERE WASN'T A FAT F*CK that spawns on .2 maps, and Garden is your typical run to the gate and pray you don't get in struggle.

If this is the only mapset that they appear in, then I guess I can live with no changes to FW. However, I doubt NG would develop a new Walker type for just one map set. I think giving them 3 movements is fair.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,324
    I think any Walker can walk through his buddies to get to you, but it burns am extra movement point to do so. If there are more than one Ally, they simply don't have enough movement points to get through.

Fast walkers have movement points to spare, which means they can pass through more allies?

At least that's how I think it works, same as our survivor movement.

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
  • scoonersscooners Member Posts: 63
    Don’t know about the rest - not fond of this map set - but just broke my PB of 1403 with 1439. I’m ok with it. Taught me the value of dudes with sticks and stabby Rick.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,051
    > @mimica said:
    > (Image)

Wow, that one is even more bullshit than mine was :lol:
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 1,012
    avelardez said:

Look at this BS just walking through everything. Don’t remember that being said about these new walkers being able to do this behavior. Show these programmers this crap.

The reason nothing was said is that the fast walker use the regular rules for walker movement, and this is the problem. As normal walkers only have a movement of 2, they can move 2 spaces in any direction and also pass through another walker to reach an empty slot. The fast walkers move in exactly in the same way, but as they have a movement of 4 they are able to pass through up to 3 other walkers to reach an empty space. The solution should be to use the same movement rules as for survivors, so passing through another guy or moving diagonally will use up some of the movement.

Another problem is that regular walkers move first, and only after they have moved will the fast walkers move. This makes it even harder to predict where the fast walkers will end up, as the regular walkers will first move around and occupy the obvious spots, causing the fast walkers to do those insane pass throughs and end up next to the guy you thought was safe. The obvious fix here would be to change the priority so fast walkers move before any other walker type.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    edited October 2019

I did this for pretty much every + Diff Dumpshite once I realized Rick sitting in a corner wasn't getting much done

>>> 2-star diff40

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

Send me a PM
    BurmeliinisShadowWalkerbiter370
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 564
    edited October 2019
    I guess I've been lucky. My toons are lv 22, currently at 29 and the fast bastards have only dodged a handful of attacks.

I agree with the fact it's bullshit they can move through crowds in ways nobody else can.

Also, I had one incident where homeless Daryl was in overwatch, fast walker approached, Daryl never even hit, just went straight into struggle.
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    >
    >
    > I did this for pretty much every + Diff Dumpshite once I realized Rick sitting in a corner wasn't getting much done
    >
    > >>> 2-star diff40

Just did this again on 41, same result, 2-star, first try

Our page :

Send me a PM
    Nezo
  • IcePeterIcePeter Member Posts: 378
    I crushed my personal best by 2 rounds without using a single bruiser. Scout Rick and 2 warriors on the first 2 maps, Sasha leading assault and scout on the last 4. No gold spent due to reduced healing. Maybe it’s worse in the 40s, but I breezed through the low 30s going ranged.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    edited October 2019

Another problem is that regular walkers move first, and only after they have moved will the fast walkers move.

Walkers closest to potential target always move first, independent of walker type.

Edited to add.
    In below picture you see a fast walker on the right, a normal one on the left of my survivor.

You know what happened when I pressed end turn?
    The fast walker received to overwatch attakc.
    Why? Because closest by moves firs and right goes before left.

Although visually the game is sometimes showing different btw. Actually this is the dynamic.
    Burmeliinis
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    I was so unlucky on dumbshite, 39.2, that I gave up (after about 10 to 15 tries) and did the Garden master mission at 44 (and finished it the first try - only one star, but done is done).

On top of the annoying fast walkers, there is just too much spawn to deal with, at least for me. I tried to replicate what was shown in the videos but nope, no chance.

Dumpsite could definitely use some rebalancing.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,421
    This map set was generally fine, although it’s interesting that despite the unhappiness with the fast walkers, I’m hearing many, many people beating their personal best this challenge. What happened to fixing the grind? :cry:
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

TCBRITO
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,051
    edited October 2019
    > @Bill_ZRT said:
    > This map set was generally fine, although it’s interesting that despite the unhappiness with the fast walkers, I’m hearing many, many people beating their personal best this challenge. What happened to fixing the grind? :cry:

I can't speak for everyone but with the right strategy pile of fire, garden and occupied were all beatable at ultra high level. I did master missions for those three at RSL49/50. It didn't feel particularly grindy to me, part of the reason I got that far was 1 min gas and reduced healing. I basically spent the last day or so repeating the same map every hour or two.
    Jaden
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    Didn't feel like grind to me. I used master missions a lot, that's how I got my PB. Wouldn't have if I would have had to play every single mission I was able to skip.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    ShadowWalker
    > @jimmorrison369 said:
    > (Quote)
    > Walkers closest to potential target always move first, independent of walker type.
    >
    >
    > Edited to add.
    > In below picture you see a fast walker on the right, a normal one on the left of my survivor.
    >
    > You know what happened when I pressed end turn?
    > The fast walker received to overwatch attakc.
    > Why? Because closest by moves firs and right goes before left.
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > Although visually the game is sometimes showing different btw. Actually this is the dynamic.

Thanks for the correction!
    jimmorrison369
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,151
    My final opinion on this map set YYYAAAWWWNNNNNN scores were high but without 1/2 healing and 1 min gas it would suck us dry. Mothball it I say hahaha.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

Danski_46psychwolf
    My comments about the mapset:

- The Dumpsite map was clearly the hardest. By removing the fatty it becomes a map which would suit a Sasha + 2 x assaults strategy.
    - Many maps (especially the Gate and Burning point) were ok but would easily get you bruised no matter what you do.
    - The burning point (or whatever it was called) was a really boring map as there was not really any strategy involved. Start working on the detonator, hang back and hope to stun the few walkers who approach and make sure the way to the exit doesn't get blocked.
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,137
    > @Burmeliinis said:
    > My comments about the mapset:
    >
    > - The Dumpsite map was clearly the hardest. By removing the fatty it becomes a map which would suit a Sasha + 2 x assaults strategy.

It wasn't hardest for me and I was able to do it after few tries on rsl 50 even with the fatty with Sahsa and 2 assaults.
    Set him on fire and get him blocked by wall of walkers.
    Only the fast ones were causing most fails when they dodged standing next to you or when a walker in front of you died to fire and then they moved from the other end of the map to move in and kill. Other than that pretty easy map.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,975
    I won’t be upset to see this map set again. I quite enjoyed it and used a variety of teams, I also think it will suit most class bonus’s one way or another. New maps are what we ask for, then we get them and complain and say we don’t want them ever again.
    RealClareBATLAS-Z