• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,012
    > @SPC_TORRES said:
    > @ATLAS-Z
    > Just slowed the game play down on my lowest account
    > It was the same as a normal walker.

Well I that IS interesting.

And seems very... Wrong?

Let's discuss?

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    JadenDanielBez
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 305
    On multiple occasions the fast walkers walked around my bruisers to attack my scout. (Scout was not leader). It isn't just their range; they have different behavior programming than normal walkers.

I think this is NG's attempt to balance out melee / ranged. This is the dreaded melee nerf.
    xbamfx
  • AchillesVAchillesV Member Posts: 199

I have also seen “ Body Shot “ flash then “ Dodged “

Pick one NG , can’t be both

If you wait for the round to end, "You're Screwed" will flash above the Survivor's head closest to the fast Walker. :lol:
    It's "Game Over"
    GovernatorxbamfxJenng
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 640
    Ouch, that sucks so bad.

Here's my theory.

The regular walker NE of Glenn walks first and occupies that spot.

The fast walker is closest to the leader (Glenn) so runs to the vacant spot SW of Glenn, but as walkers always prefer to attack in a straight line goes for Rick instead of Glenn.

So the target is selected first, without taking into account other walkers being in the way, and only then they start walking, or in this case, jogging.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
  • mirmir Member Posts: 148
    I, too, believe that deception there is no, but money earn need, this correctly! Wrong when you get a bruise in any way, and at high levels immediately struggle. There is a lot said , I am sure the conclusions would be made @Fluxxx . This is a trial run, and it is not necessary to treat it harshly. Everyone should say what he felt when he met the guys in sneakers. This is our main task, give feedback ! Amen!
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,524
    Yeah that is bullshit. They shouldn’t be able to walk through walkers like that.
    MFJigsawTCBRITOJadenSgtSalami
  • CoolsebCoolseb Member Posts: 123
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > Hands up if you were watching this and saw THAT coming. Cause I sure as hell didn't! If something that we had was this imbalanced, it would have been nerfed now. Just saying... :lol:
    >
    >

Well done you're the second amazing video of the day 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
    MFJigsawcapibara
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 305
    edited October 2019
    The video makes sense. Walkers can walk through walkers as long as their last step isn't onto an occupied space. In the video, the walker moved 4 steps.

After the 4 steps, he was adjacent to Rick and Glenn. Walkers attack up/down/right/left instead of diagonally if possible, so Rick got nailed instead of Glenn.
    capibarajimmorrison369ShadowWalker
    > @Artminius said:
    > OK, @ATLAS-Z has the right of it: If it didn't say, "Dodge," would everyone be annoyed?
    >
    > Setting aside arguments of verisimilitude in a game about magical undead zombies that can move and perceive things... suppose the skinny walkers are, like, just janky and staggering and spasming? They don't dodge, per se... they are pop-locking and your nerds are aiming and swinging and stabbing wildly to try to connect. Sometimes you totally wiff; sometimes you catch a limb or the torso (body shot), sometimes you hit the head hard and pieces fly off (normal shot); and sometimes you blast the brainpan out the backside (critical).
    >
    > @Fluxxx , maybe just change the "Dodged" notification to "Missed Shot" (parallel Body Shot), and then the only complaints will be about the added RNG and hard-to-gauge movement ranges.
    >
    > Personally, I don't find the RNG onerous. I have to take care to setup so that, if I miss with one, I'm backing up with another... or moving WAY away (Bow takes first shot, then RUN! Or any Tactical weapon). No big deal.
    > But that damned angular-movement advantage... yeah, I've bitched about that one since Day One. I told myself, "Well, it's the Zs' only advantage"... but that ain't really true in this age of metalheads and such. And with a double movement range of a skinny... well, as I said above: It's a new calculus to master; new positioning to watch out for. Heck, I *still* get caught out not accounting for 3-space diagonal moves! :lol:

1-Change the term is nothing... A walker which can dodge a CHARGED ATTACK!?
    2-hard-to-gauge movement? Sure... Passing through 4 stunned walkers to hit you in diagonal or in "L" is damn too much.

I really was excited with this new comer, but as I saw his superpower I was just jealous : I want that guy in my team! Almost unstoppable, dodge more than you never will be able to.
    Seriously, it seems obvious to balance this. Just saying.
    Like general dodging ratio, dodging charged attacks and over 2 stunned walkers pass through for example.
    SgtSalami
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,228
    WellyLuga said:

Hands up if you were watching this and saw THAT coming. Cause I sure as hell didn't! If something that we had was this imbalanced, it would have been nerfed now. Just saying... :lol:

One time i stunned the walkers with a charged Morgan and then suddenly i found Rick struggling with a Fast Walker... my feeling was like the FW was immune to the stun but maybe he just came running from somewhere like in your video...
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    MFJigsaw
  • PicPic Member Posts: 1,049
    I'm guessing with all the feedback from these wonderful new Zs.. This challenge set will become as rare as kaboom.
    TroublemakerpsychwolfBalubanSgtSalami
    > @Grendel said:
    > Also, our characters can definitely walk through each other. The system will try to find a path that goes around, but if it isn't possible then we can go straight through them.
    >
    > Try it out in Pile of Fire. Run your team through the single-row alley at the bottom under the detonator to see what I mean. Line all 3 up under the detonator, and next turn the one on the left can move through the other two to move towards the exit.

I not totally agreed this point of view. Why : passing through your mates not let you attack each time (even if your passing by on pile of fire is correct 'cos that's mine too) AND the way the game offer you inclue what I' m trying to expose. Fast Z is able to pass a group of stunned walkers (4 steps in diagonal or in L lane) and attacks you. I feel it unfair if you compare it to our capacity of movements. Overall if you compare it to their stun avoid and charge attack dodging capability, even normal dodge ratio.
    I'm not hater, I just regret to have lost strategy ability...
    I don't know if I made me correctly understand.
    MadPuppy
    > @Pic said:
    > I'm guessing with all the feedback from these wonderful new Zs.. This challenge set will become as rare as kaboom.

I hope so actually
    MFJigsawSgtSalami
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 640
    The only thing that is different is that the fast walkers seem to be able to move 4 steps in any direction, while for our survivors it's 6 steps if in a straight line, otherwise 5. So it really should be the same for them, 4 steps in a straight line, otherwise 3.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    CoolsebShadowWalker
    I’m pretty sure we lose a movement space walking through one of our survivors though. I’ve had it many times where I can reach the line until I move a survivor our the way first. You could even try it on pile of fire like you suggested.
    Jaden
    > @Firekid said:
    > I’m pretty sure we lose a movement space walking through one of our survivors though. I’ve had it many times where I can reach the line until I move a survivor our the way first. You could even try it on pile of fire like you suggested.

If you are unlucky and a Z came on finish line, it's out. But this way of doing works most of the time. Thanks to Daryl's lead
    > @Burmeliinis said:
    > The only thing that is different is that the fast walkers seem to be able to move 4 steps in any direction, while for our survivors it's 6 steps if in a straight line, otherwise 5. So it really should be the same for them, 4 steps in a straight line, otherwise 3.

It depends on our movements, but I agree with the unequal fact.
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 578
    edited October 2019
    @capibara no lol...I changed my profile pic way back when dlich got banned in solidarity with him and have been to lazy and ininvolved with the forums to change it. I saw this on my fb feed and thought of you

BurmeliiniscapibaraJadenJenng
    > @Daiiko said:
    > C'est vraiment abusé ces Z! C'est quoi le rapport avec la Serie ?! Ça commence a être du n'importe quoi ce jeu... a chaque mise a jour, soit il y a des bug ou ils cherchent comment ce faire plus de tune... pff... rien avoir avec la série! Bientot les Z vont prendre aussi les armes ? Ou tous les types de Z vont être des Usain Z!

Ah ben oui, t'as le même pseudo 😂😂
    Agree with my friend here! And already saw this point of view somewhere. Where or when this walker appeared in the show? Will they be able to take weapons? 😂😂
    MFJigsaw
  • KratosKratos Member Posts: 345
    @Mario_Romero I had one do almost exactly the same last night.
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
  • PicPic Member Posts: 1,049
    Same here
    edited October 2019
    @Grendel @Coolseb we definitely lose an action point when moving past one of our own survivors. See from 40 seconds onwards. Glenn can’t reach the finish line if having to move past Daryl and Morgan. Move them both onto the line and hey presto Glenn can now reach!

It should be the same for walkers.
    BurmeliinisCoolsebJaden