WARD - New Warrior Armor Trait

ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,712
edited October 16 in Suggestions & Ideas

If the warrior has any charge points when struck by a Melee attack, a charge point is lost and no damage is done to the warrior.

This trait reflects a warriors mastery of melee combat in the ability to defend herself from incoming attacks.

Why Armor? This trait could easily be a Survivor trait, but the pool is pretty crowded there already, whereas offensive build warriors don't have much use for current pack of armor traits (except ruthless). Also, it will not always be a desirable mechanic, so having the option to "turn it off" by switching armor is a good thing.

And since it's a defensive trait, armor makes sense anyway.
This would be available only on warrior armors.

@Troublemaker you looking for something new "tactically" to set warriors apart?
I got you bro

~Cheers!
Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
EMAIL US --> [email protected]
TroublemakertabernacShadowWalkerTWDaddictionBurmeliinisimacharlieTCBRITOm4s

Comments

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,712
    It's worth noting that this trait could even bring retaliate back into the "somewhat useful" category for warriors.
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    imacharlieTCBRITO
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,234
    Fantastic.

Not discussing it being usable or not, but this is the kind of strategy stuff that this game needs. Someone in NG please hire @ATLAS-Z and send him to Finland.

Ward could combo well with RGG as leader and Rick pinball'ing charge points all around. Also Warriors are terrible to charge and most times it does not make a big difference at high levels, so using their charge for this could actually make them useful.

I can see some maps being abused though, so it needs some tweaking. Like a fixed % reduction instead of 100%, for example.

::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    imacharlieFluxxxTCBRITO
    > @Troublemaker said:
    > Fantastic.
    >
    > I can see some maps being abused though, so it needs some tweaking. Like a fixed % reduction instead of 100%, for example.

I considered that, but if it was a % chance, I think it would probably go the route of Jerry haha... Benched and forgotten.
    imacharlie
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 196
    I love the idea in general for resurrecting warriors. Two of the biggest beasts in the show (‘michonne and Jesus) and warriors are simply sub par in game. The only way I’ve seen them being useful is a completely defensive Jesus (built like a bruiser) and even then, they eventually get benched at high RSL. Warriors should be beast and something needs to be done to simply balance them out again.

This is a start and even if they don’t run with this idea, hopefully it strikes some thoughts and ideas moving forward.
    ATLAS-ZTCBRITO
    @Fluxxx will hopefully make sure the team sees it

**Fingers crossed**
    m4s
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 248
    I like the idea but it does sound overpowered. Guaranteed no damage would be huge.
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 272
    Cool idea @ATLAS-Z

If it's a weapon trait there would need to be Gold/Silver/Bronze level.

Would the damage reduction be different for each level? Like 100% reduction for Gold, 75% silver, 50% bronze?

Another option could be the amount of charge points it eats up. 3 charge points for bronze, 2 for silver, and 1 for gold?

Or perhaps the best option would be to make it a percent chance to activate, but it doesn't eat up a charge point?
    edited October 16
    > @Burmeliinis said:
    > I like the idea but it does sound overpowered. Guaranteed no damage would be huge.

At highest levels tho?

When you need that charge to dish out damage?

And then 2-3 walkers coming at you.

You have one charge point so you know you can take one hit but that's it....

Or should you save it to damage the next spawn wave coming?

I honestly think it "sounds" more overpowered than it is.

Charge points are very precious at the high difficulties... Parting with them could offer a big benefit.
    > @ShadowWalker said:
    > Cool idea @ATLAS-Z
    >
    > If it's a weapon trait there would need to be Gold/Silver/Bronze level.
    >
    > Would the damage reduction be different for each level? Like 100% reduction for Gold, 75% silver, 50% bronze?
    >
    > Another option could be the amount of charge points it eats up. 3 charge points for bronze, 2 for silver, and 1 for gold?
    >
    > Or perhaps the best option would be to make it a percent chance to activate, but it doesn't eat up a charge point?

Maybe 50/70/90 and it still eats up a charge point, but if proc then zero damage.

Seems balanced and 90% is pretty good odds.
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 308
    Hmm... now that first warrior charged attack is critical, this armor trait makes for interesting decisions.
    Plus, I most often use it to 'stick and move': attack then (hopefully) move out of movement range of the other (or surviving) Zs. Or even just to open the square I was in for another AOE attacker.

Innnnnteresting....
    And, yeah, 50/70/90 reduction is probably the way to go. Considering that the 90 is also the maximum DR allowed in the math, it could open up scarce DR badges to be used by less robust character types. Wear your Ward Armor and you can drop DR badges (annoying: Gold Ward and Iron Skin :lol: ).
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 248
    Max DR is actually 80%. It's critical chance that is 90%.
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 376
    Very cool idea @ATLAS-Z , opens up interesting mechanics and gameplay. Will definitely be considered in the not-so-distant (but also not near) future!
    ATLAS-ZShadowWalkerTCBRITO
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 308

Max DR is actually 80%. It's critical chance that is 90%.

D'oh! OK, then 40/60/80. Whatevah! :wink:
    (I've only played for 4 years, cut me some slack!)
    ATLAS-ZFluxxx
    Yes @Fluxxx and not just for this particular suggestion, but as you give us more new and interesting ways to gain charge points, you can also develop new and interesting ways to use those charge points, other than the power attack we have now.

Players love options, especially in battle options. Cheers!
    ShadowWalkerTCBRITO