Meritocratic Gameplay

Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 491
edited October 20 in Suggestions & Ideas
Dear @Fluxxx,
This isn't just another guild wars post, but it is connected loosely.

There is regular outcry for the return of it, not just for the switch up of modes, but also the reward / tier system it had. I was able to pick up a kingdom axe and a great bruiser armor from it, just by playi
ng fairly decent. You were able to win prizes with GUARANTEED outcomes and traits. There is no other place besides season campaigns and community events, to find equipment with 100% known traits.

Could you consider introducing a regular feature where players can win either an armor or weapon from a choice of the 6 classes, maybe we build points towards it each week and can use the points to pay for gear we'd like. Bruiser armor with dodge, HS and IS / Stun resist is a good catch for example.

With the current pool of traits flooded : You could combine dodge and bullet dodge in to one trait for example. Combine bulletproof and Hazard suit in to one. Combine Iron Skin and Defensive Stance in to one. There is too much going on and this will appease players who are tired of finding gear and toons they often will not make use of.

Give us variety and freshness and we will remain loyal, surely?

P. S. Get rid of daily tasks and make it a login bonus instead. No one enjoys doing them and we're going to play the game regardless. Don't play, don't earn a bonus that day. Make it a monthly thing which resets on the 1st of each month, with prizes increasing each day. With the 28/31st being the most valuable and the prize timer resets back to day one if you fail to login whether at day 21 or day 2.
So consecutively:

day 1 = 2 radios, 2 = 4 radios, 3 = 10 gold, 4 = 25 gas, 5 = 10 radios, 6 = 4 common comps, 7 = 1 common frag.
Week 2: 3 rad, 5 rad, 15 gold, 25 gas, 10 rad, 4 rare comps, 1 rare frag.
Week 3: 4 rad, 4 rad, 20 gold, 25 gas, 7 rad, 4 epic comps, 1 epic frag.
Week 4: 5 rad, 5 rad, 5 gold, 25 gas, 10 rad, 4 leg comps, 1 leg frag.

Back to day 1 again.
I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
TWDaddictionTroublemakerShayHaDanielBezmir

Comments

• ShayHaShayHa Member Posts: 263
    Fluxxx said:

I understand where you're coming from, but let's think about it. The seasonal campaign happens every season and they come with 2-4 great weapons usually, we've also got reinforcement tokens which extends the lifetime of these weapons indefinitely.

About the tokens, that is true that can extend life but for each weapon/armor it will be 27tokens which takes about 2 months to obtain from TG/challenge/DIstance and such.

When you are able to upgrade one thing suddenly max lvl is increased. I think need to do a little adjustment to them so it will be more obtainable.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,712
    > @ShayHa said:
    > (Quote)
    > About the tokens, that is true that can extend life but for each weapon/armor it will be 27tokens which takes about 2 months to obtain from TG/challenge/DIstance and such.
    >
    > When you are able to upgrade one thing suddenly max lvl is increased. I think need to do a little adjustment to them so it will be more obtainable.

(Free) Reenforcement tokens were never intended for you to be able to upgrade all of your gear, just a few choice pieces.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    ShayHa
  • ShayHaShayHa Member Posts: 263
    edited October 21
    ATLAS-Z said:

> @ShayHa said:

> (Quote)

> About the tokens, that is true that can extend life but for each weapon/armor it will be 27tokens which takes about 2 months to obtain from TG/challenge/DIstance and such.

>

> When you are able to upgrade one thing suddenly max lvl is increased. I think need to do a little adjustment to them so it will be more obtainable.

(Free) Reenforcement tokens were never intended for you to be able to upgrade all of your gear, just a few choice pieces.

Yes ofc! I didn't even think to upgrade them all, just stuff like spear and other important weapons (I am still using lvl 26 armor if needed). I have used something around 75 (upraded spear twice and winter shoval once) And I have only 80 left, waiting for update so I'll upgrade spear again.
    My winter bow is still lvl 26 and I cant upgrade it because it will take me to zero tokens.

I just think that maybe put 4 instead of 2 everyweek in the TG store or couple more from distance/challenge will not make the tokens flow but will help a little more.
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 491
    edited October 21
    Fluxxx said:

I understand where you're coming from, but let's think about it. The seasonal campaign happens every season and they come with 2-4 great weapons usually, we've also got reinforcement tokens which extends the lifetime of these weapons indefinitely. If we throw in a weapon in between for a community event like we did with the Speargun, there's one more.
    Isn't that technically enough, given the fact that you still have a chance to get some good weapons from missions and game modes, and the fact that we (NG) also need to monetize?

With that said, once Guild Wars does come around there will definitely be more opportunities for players to obtain great weapons and armor.

In terms of traits, I totally agree that there's some traits that aren't useful right now, and we'd like to change that - but as I've said many times, it's a matter of time and resources because there's only so many changes we can work on at the same time. This could happen at some point but not for now.

The same reason applies to the daily quests. We are considering a login calendar for new players in the future, but not as a universal feature. Essentially, in the current situation changes with a good effort:impact (on the whole of the game) ratio will take priority.

Understood, I'm more for the guaranteed traits aspect overall. Thank you for acknowledging however.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep